|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally recognized and diagnosed the nun's disease?
(a) Another nurse in the hospital she at which she worked.
(b) She did, after reading about it.
(c) A patient with the same disease.
(d) Her psychiatrist.
2. What tends to be of great relief to terminal patients?
3. What do most people do to cheer terminal patients that often makes the depression worse?
(a) Describe the family doing well without them.
(b) Speak extensively of religious beliefs.
(c) Visit often for long lengths of time.
(d) Allow time for contemplative silence.
4. How does Kubler-Ross say Americans view death?
(a) As a reason to pull away from people we love in order to avoid pain.
(b) As the end of hope.
(c) As a negative and malicious thing that takes our loved ones away.
(d) As an ending and cessation.
5. What are doctors primarily trained to do for terminal patients?
(a) Relieve suffering.
(b) Ease the passing.
(c) Prolong life.
(d) Provide moral and spiritual support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the core of Kubler-Ross's studies on death and dying?
2. What do some terminal patients never psychologically do before they die?
3. From what is the patient in chapter VI dying?
4. What is the biggest relief to an angry patient?
5. What has caused us to fear a violent and catastrophic death, according to Kubler-Ross?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)