|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the terminal patient interviewed in chapter VI?
(a) Mrs. H.
(b) Mr. D.
(c) Dr. D.
(d) Mr. H.
2. What does Kubler-Ross say usually helps a great deal in the depression stage of grief?
(a) Expressing their feelings.
(b) Arranging all the logistical details.
(c) Some time away from the hospital.
(d) Time and space.
3. What negative effect can come from encouraging a terminal patient?
(a) Makes him or her feel guilty for not being able to endure.
(b) Depresses him or her.
(c) Disrupts the process of preparing for death.
(d) Creates despair and hopelessness.
4. What has taken away a great deal of comfort for those struggling with a terminal illness, according to Kubler-Ross?
(a) The decline of religion.
(b) The unkept promises of doctors.
(c) The selfishness of the general public.
(d) The strict visitation rules at hospitals.
5. Why do we psychologically react more severely to death than the ancient man?
(a) We have many more means of defending ourselves.
(b) We have not been taught the correct coping process.
(c) The life of ancient man was not pleasant, and death was an escape.
(d) The ancient man had greater faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what had the patient in chapter VI been repressing grief?
2. From whom does Kubler-Ross say we should never hide the truth of death?
3. What has Kubler-Ross and her team done for years that provides comfort for terminal patients?
4. How does Kubler-Ross say others should react to the denial of a terminal patient?
5. What finally allows the nun to come to terms with her anger?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)