|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two different forms of depression?
(a) Reactive and preparatory.
(b) Theological and reactive.
(c) Moral and theoretical.
(d) Active and passive.
2. From what is the patient in chapter VI dying?
3. What do most people do to cheer terminal patients that often makes the depression worse?
(a) Speak extensively of religious beliefs.
(b) Visit often for long lengths of time.
(c) Allow time for contemplative silence.
(d) Describe the family doing well without them.
4. Why does Kubler-Ross think we put so much faith into machines?
(a) It distracts us from the truth.
(b) It gives us a false sense of hope.
(c) It helps us forget our pain.
(d) It helps us deny our mortality.
5. What does Kubler-Ross say denial is for most people?
(a) A buffer that allows the patient to mobilize other, less radical defenses.
(b) A defensive device that will speed up the process of death.
(c) A way to separate one's self from reality.
(d) A motivation to continue finding other diagnoses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Kubler-Ross think bargaining is a sign?
2. With what concept is a patient in denial usually really trying to deal?
3. What do most terminal patients promise to do while in the third stage of grief?
4. What does Dr. Kubler-Ross blame for the increased fear of death and dying?
5. What is the most common reaction to learning of a terminal illness?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)