|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do most terminal patients bargain?
(a) Their doctor.
(b) Their family.
2. How do children at age five view death?
(a) A trip from which people never come back.
(b) Something that makes people invisible.
(c) A person who takes people away.
(d) A place that is dark and scary.
3. What does Kubler-Ross say that most American doctors are afraid to do?
(a) Admit to a patient that he or she will die.
(b) Accept that they, themselves, could die from an illness.
(c) Lose a patient on their watch.
(d) Tell family members that a loved one is dying.
4. What is the most effective way to help a depressed patient, according to Kubler-Ross?
(a) Describe the family doing well without them.
(b) Allow time for contemplative silence.
(c) Visit often for long lengths of time.
(d) Speak extensively of religious beliefs.
5. Who spoke to the daughter in chapter IX about what her mother needed from her?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Kubler-Ross and her team.
(d) The nurses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. W. arrange for his wife when she reached the stage of acceptance?
2. Who finally recognized and diagnosed the nun's disease?
3. What tends to be of great relief to terminal patients?
4. How does Kubler-Ross say others should react to the denial of a terminal patient?
5. What does Kubler-Ross observe about patients who get the chance to express themselves before death?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)