|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
2. What word is used to describe the agreement between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev?
3. It was said that China should strive for "comprehensive ________."
4. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
5. Who is considered to be one of the most important diplomats of the 19th century?
Essay Topic 1
The United Nations was formed to work as an intermediary between countries and to create a body through which these countries could communicate and, hopefully, cooperate on global issues. Write an essay on the United Nations, its role in Sino and United States negotiations and how it has changed since its inception.
Essay Topic 2
Sun Tzu is one of the most legendary Chinese figures, particularly when it comes to the Art of War. Write an essay on Sun Tzu, his teachings and beliefs, and his impact on war in China.
Essay Topic 3
Kissinger writes that the basic concept of foreign policy is that a country must be able to develop a dialogue with other countries in order to have the world succeed as a unit. This is even more important in this time of globalization as countries are expected to work together to strengthen a world economy. Why is this important? Why must the United States devote so much time and money to foreign policy? How does it affect globalization? How does it affect the United States economy? Explain.
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)