|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-18; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ministry's new name translated into:
(a) Office for the General Management of the Affairs of All Nations.
(b) Office for the International Trade.
(c) Office for the General Supervision of Ambassadorships.
(d) Office for the General Management of Diplomacy.
2. Which country initiated the treaty?
(b) United States.
3. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Mei.
(b) Prince Qi.
(c) Prince Yuan.
(d) Prince Gong.
4. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
(a) Military base.
(b) U.S. presence.
5. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
(a) Foreign Minister.
(b) Prime Minister.
(d) Presidential Attache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
2. In what year did Jiang tell Kissinger that he had taken over all of Deng's duties?
3. Where did Deng and Mao serve together in the military?
4. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
5. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)