|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) Only one Emperor.
(b) Together in faith.
(c) United we stand.
(d) All under Heaven.
2. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
3. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(a) Cultural confidence.
(d) Inner warriors.
4. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
(a) First World.
(d) Second World.
5. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
2. In what year did the Russian premier visit Mao in China?
3. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
4. During which period did the decline take place?
5. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)