|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
2. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
3. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
4. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
5. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) Only one Emperor.
(b) Together in faith.
(c) All under Heaven.
(d) United we stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which period did the decline take place?
2. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
3. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
4. What was the time period of the Song Dynasty?
5. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)