|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
2. When was the Han Dynasty?
(a) A.D. 45-260.
(b) A.D. 33-301.
(c) A.D. 25-220.
(d) A.D. 12-419.
3. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Know thyself.
(b) Honor before self.
(c) Mandate of Heaven.
(d) Imperial rule.
4. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
5. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Berlin.
(b) Treaty of Westphalia.
(c) Treaty of Paris.
(d) Treaty of Kensington.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
2. During which period did the decline take place?
3. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
4. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
5. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)