|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
2. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
3. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
4. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Westphalia.
(b) Treaty of Kensington.
(c) Treaty of Berlin.
(d) Treaty of Paris.
5. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Know thyself.
(b) Mandate of Heaven.
(c) Honor before self.
(d) Imperial rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
2. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
3. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
4. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
5. Who was president of the United States at that time?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)