|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Ma Ying-Jeou.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Chiang Kai-Shek.
2. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
3. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
4. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
5. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
2. In what month was the meeting called?
3. What does "tian xia" mean?
4. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
5. During which period did the decline take place?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)