|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
2. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
3. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
4. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
(c) Hong Kong,
5. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
2. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
3. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
4. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
5. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)