|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
2. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
3. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Mandate of Heaven.
(b) Know thyself.
(c) Imperial rule.
(d) Honor before self.
4. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
(a) World's Blood.
(d) Middle Kingdom.
5. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Berlin.
(b) Treaty of Westphalia.
(c) Treaty of Paris.
(d) Treaty of Kensington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was China's leader at the time?
2. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
3. What is Kissinger's first name?
4. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
5. How many times has Kissinger visited China?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)