|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
2. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(b) Lin Sen.
(c) Mao Zedong.
(d) Ma Ying-Jeou.
3. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
4. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) United we stand.
(b) All under Heaven.
(c) Only one Emperor.
(d) Together in faith.
5. In what month was the meeting called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
2. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
3. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
4. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
5. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)