|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
2. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
3. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
4. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Westphalia.
(b) Treaty of Kensington.
(c) Treaty of Berlin.
(d) Treaty of Paris.
5. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
2. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
3. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
4. Who was China's leader at the time?
5. In what month was the meeting called?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)