|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
2. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
3. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
4. When was the Han Dynasty?
(a) A.D. 12-419.
(b) A.D. 25-220.
(c) A.D. 45-260.
(d) A.D. 33-301.
5. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "tian xia" mean?
2. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
3. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
4. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
5. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)