|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
(b) Middle Kingdom.
(c) World's Blood.
2. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
3. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
4. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
5. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) Only one Emperor.
(b) Together in faith.
(c) All under Heaven.
(d) United we stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kissinger's first name?
2. When was the Han Dynasty?
3. Who was president of the United States at that time?
4. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
5. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)