|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
2. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
3. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
4. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
5. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
2. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
3. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
4. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
5. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
This section contains 138 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)