|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
2. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
3. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
4. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
5. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(a) Cultural confidence.
(b) Inner warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
2. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
3. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
4. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
5. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)