|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
2. Who was president of the United States at that time?
3. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) China and India.
(b) Korea and Russia.
(c) France and Japan.
(d) Russia and Japan.
4. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
5. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
Short Answer Questions
1. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
2. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
3. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
4. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
5. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)