|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
2. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
3. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
4. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
5. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
2. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
3. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
4. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
5. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)