|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
2. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
3. What was the time period of the Song Dynasty?
4. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
(b) Second World.
(d) First World.
5. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
2. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
3. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
4. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
5. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)