|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
2. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Imperial rule.
(b) Know thyself.
(c) Honor before self.
(d) Mandate of Heaven.
3. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
4. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
(b) World's Blood.
(d) Middle Kingdom.
5. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the conflict been going on?
2. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
3. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
4. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
5. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)