|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
2. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
3. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
4. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Westphalia.
(b) Treaty of Berlin.
(c) Treaty of Paris.
(d) Treaty of Kensington.
5. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
2. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
3. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
4. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
5. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)