|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
2. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
3. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
(b) Military base.
(d) U.S. presence.
4. Forces from which country were in place in which location at this time?
(b) North Vietnam.
(c) Hong Kong.
5. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Dagu Forts.
(b) Beijing's parliament house.
(c) Emperor's palace.
(d) Great Wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
2. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
3. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
4. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
5. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)