Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2 Abstract
* Kissinger states his role as a diplomat to China.
Chapters 3-5 Abstract
* History of China is explored.
Chapters 6-9 Abstract
* Yellow Emperor is discussed.
Chapters 10-14 Abstract
* China was the first country to undertake naval exploration.
* Zheng He is introduced.
Chapters 15-18; Epilogue Abstract
* China is ruled by the Mandate of...
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)