Prologue; Preface; Chapters 1-2
• Kissinger states his role as a diplomat to China.
• History of China is explored.
• Yellow Emperor is discussed.
• China was the first country to undertake naval exploration.
• Zheng He is introduced.
• China is ruled by the Mandate of Heaven.
• Confucius is introduced.
• China's tendency toward isolation and war are discussed.
• From Preeminence to Decline
• Wei Yuan's Blueprint: "Using Barbarians Against Barbarians," Learning Their Techniques
• The Erosion of Authority: Domestic Upheavals and the Challenge of Foreign Encroachments
• Managing Decline
• The Challenge of Japan
• The Boxer Uprising and the New Era of Warring States
• Mao's Continuous Revolution
• Mao and the Great Harmony
• Mao and International Relations: The Empty City Stratagem, Chinese Deterrence, and the Quest for Psychological Advantage
• The Continuous Revolution and the Chinese People
• Triangular Diplomacy and the Korean War
• Kim Il-sung and the Outbreak of War
• American Intervention: Resisting Aggression...
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)