Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gardner notes in Chapter 3 that all second-rate stories tend to do what?
2. What is one of the more reputedly good magazines that Gardner suggests publication in?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. What are the long pages from the typesetter, marked up by the proofreader for typographical errors?
5. Where does Gardner teach workshops, as he claims it has a good program for fiction?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Gardner refers to as "faith" in the final chapter. Where does the author find faith? How should the author go about escaping writer's block?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the author's keen sense of observation. Why is this necessary? How does it affect the author?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the language and characterizations of Shakespeare, Dylan Thomas, and John Updike. How do these authors approach character differently?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)