|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gardner notes in Chapter 3 that all second-rate stories tend to do what?
2. What is one of the more reputedly good magazines that Gardner suggests publication in?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. What are the long pages from the typesetter, marked up by the proofreader for typographical errors?
5. Where does Gardner teach workshops, as he claims it has a good program for fiction?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Gardner's feelings about the element of "theme" when writing. Where is "theme" useful? Where is it not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences between Melville's Onoo and Moby Dick. How does Gardner illustrate this in the text?
Essay Topic 3
What subjects are worthwhile or important for the author in gaining a well-rounded education? Why?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)