|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main commitment of famous writers as teachers is what?
2. What word does Gardner use to describe that teaching which tends to emphasize theme and design over feeling and authentic narrative?
3. What does Gardner cite as one of the most respected publishers of novels?
4. Where is one of the oldest and best known writing workshops?
5. What author responded to the question of why she wrote fiction, "Because I'm good at it"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what literary dynasties are. What are some examples of literary dynasties? How does an author go about finding his own community?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the benefits of earning a graduate degree from a writer's workshop. In what ways can this be beneficial for the author?
Essay Topic 3
What does Gardner write about the sense of perception and the ability of writers to create characters unlike themselves? What authors does he remark are excellent at this task?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)