Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gardner notes in Chapter 3 that all second-rate stories tend to do what?
2. What is one of the more reputedly good magazines that Gardner suggests publication in?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. What are the long pages from the typesetter, marked up by the proofreader for typographical errors?
5. Where does Gardner teach workshops, as he claims it has a good program for fiction?
What does Gardner mean in Chapter 1 when he refers to "verbal sensitivity"? What does this phrase mean and not mean to the author?
Discuss the differences between Melville's Onoo and Moby Dick. How does Gardner illustrate this in the text?
Describe what Gardner refers to as the "moments of magic" in an author's work. How does one recognize these when reading? What examples does Gardner cite?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)