Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gardner notes in Chapter 3 that all second-rate stories tend to do what?
2. What is one of the more reputedly good magazines that Gardner suggests publication in?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. What are the long pages from the typesetter, marked up by the proofreader for typographical errors?
5. Where does Gardner teach workshops, as he claims it has a good program for fiction?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the career of Raymond Carver. How did he come to study with John Gardner? What does he relate of his experiences as Gardner's student?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences between Melville's Onoo and Moby Dick. How does Gardner illustrate this in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Gardner refers to as "faith" in the final chapter. Where does the author find faith? How should the author go about escaping writer's block?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)