Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The study of what can give the young writer a clear sense of why our age is so troubled?
2. In the world of grants, Gardner writes in Chapter 2, who has a better chance than other artists?
3. What author of experimental fiction teaches at Rice?
(a) Max Apple.
(b) Michael James.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut.
(d) Thomas Pinchon.
4. Where did David Segal go after New American Library?
(a) Simon and Schuster.
5. Who wrote The World According to Garp?
(a) George Glass.
(b) John Irving.
(c) Raymond Carver.
(d) Michael James.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a writer agrees with the notes an editor sends, he should do what with his manuscript?
2. The main commitment of famous writers as teachers is what?
3. What word does Gardner use to describe that teaching which tends to emphasize theme and design over feeling and authentic narrative?
4. Publishing houses tend to have what, according to Gardner in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, Gardner writes that writing, "like the study of classical piano, is not practical but _____."
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)