|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gardner notes in Chapter 3 that all second-rate stories tend to do what?
(a) Get published.
(b) Get rejected.
(c) Sound alike.
(d) Get acclaim.
2. What is one of the more reputedly good magazines that Gardner suggests publication in?
(a) Georgia Review.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) Oxford Book Review.
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Publication and Survival.
(c) The Writer's Training and Education.
(d) The Writer's Nature.
4. What are the long pages from the typesetter, marked up by the proofreader for typographical errors?
5. Where does Gardner teach workshops, as he claims it has a good program for fiction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gardner writes that authors are almost never satisfied with the ____ job their publishers do.
2. Gardner writes in Chapter 2 that in the workshop he is teaching he encountered a story which he hopes to publish titled what?
3. What other author did Herman Melville have among his circle of friends?
4. Which is one of the great graduate programs for writers that Gardner refers to in Chapter 2?
5. To which editor at New American Library did Gardner send The Sunlight Diaries?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)