|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What teacher and poet is quoted as saying, "My object is to catch right now what will embarrass my students when they look at their poetry ten years from now"?
(a) Allen Ginsberg.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Julia Roberts.
(d) Dave Smith.
2. Gardner writes that one editor insisted on changing his punctuation based on some rule he learned where?
3. Where is one of the oldest and best known writing workshops?
(c) New Hampshire.
4. Gardner states in Chapter 3 that one should fight like the devil the temptation to think well of whom?
5. Who did Gardner work with as a publisher following the death of Segal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author went to Paris and studied with one of the shrewdest writers, Gertrude Stein?
2. What was William Gass publishing at New American Library?
3. Gardner notes in Chapter 3 that all second-rate stories tend to do what?
4. Who was the first editor to take interest in Gardner's work?
5. Gardner writes that authors are almost never satisfied with the ____ job their publishers do.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)