|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
2. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
3. How many kinds of perception does Scarry talk about in this book?
4. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
5. Who says that beauty puts us in touch with our bodies?
Essay Topic 1
How do beauty and justice connect, and what is the effect of this on society?
Essay Topic 2
How are the beautiful and the sublime separated according to Scarry?
Essay Topic 3
Elaine Scarry presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism differ from the normal ideals of people?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)