|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty is compacted with ______________.
2. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
3. What is uneven in the world?
(c) All of these.
4. What is NOT always found with beauty?
5. How does Scarry describe her explanations of beauty?
6. What started the demotion of beauty?
(a) The printing of the Bible.
(b) The change in power distribution.
(c) The fall of Rome.
(d) The introduction of the sublime.
7. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
(a) Harm from humans.
8. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
(a) Family life.
9. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
10. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
11. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
12. Scarry's doubtful friend agreed with the idea that ________________.
(a) People needed beauty to survive.
(b) Beauty and justice needed balance.
(c) Beauty brought about good.
(d) People were better with beauty.
13. Which of these terms has a dual meaning?
14. What did those who wanted to banish beauty think was wrong with it?
(a) It was unfairly distributed.
(b) It was distracting.
(c) It was useless.
(d) It was destructive.
15. What was Iris Murdoch's occupation?
(b) Motivational Speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is every person seeking?
2. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
3. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
4. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
5. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)