|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The truth.
(b) The right.
(c) The future.
(d) The brave.
2. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She disagrees.
(c) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(d) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
3. Why can't poems be harmed?
(a) They are eternal.
(b) They are creations.
(c) They are inanimate.
(d) They are full of life.
4. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
5. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
Short Answer Questions
1. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
3. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
4. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
5. What is the last kind of perception described in the book?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)