|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) An owl.
(d) A crow.
2. What was Matisse's occupation?
3. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) He was an inventor.
(b) He painted.
(c) All of these.
(d) He sketched.
4. How did Scarry's doubtful friend study her ideas about beauty?
(a) He read them forwards and backwards.
(b) He read it over the space of a year.
(c) He looked at both sides.
(d) He compared it with his own works.
5. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
2. What did Scarry salute?
3. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
4. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
5. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)