|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andreas write about?
2. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her gentility.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her nudity.
3. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(a) The truth.
(c) All of these.
4. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The need to be near beauty.
(b) The pride of creating beauty.
(c) The anger of not being beautiful.
(d) The effects of beauty on him.
5. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The need for religion.
(b) The pliancy of consciousness.
(c) The worsening of morals.
(d) The strange directional challenges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't poems be harmed?
2. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
3. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
4. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
5. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)