|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did the contemporary writer tell about?
2. What did Andreas write about?
3. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) He sketched.
(b) He was an inventor.
(c) All of these.
(d) He painted.
4. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) The self indulgence of it.
(b) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(c) The variety of perspectives.
(d) All the abuse it causes.
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To show truth.
(b) To improve society.
(c) To combat evil.
(d) To tell the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
4. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
5. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)