|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
(d) Harm from humans.
2. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
3. How does Scarry describe her explanations of beauty?
4. What can never be harmful?
(a) Seeking for beautiful things.
(b) Giving pleasure to others.
(c) Reading about beauty.
(d) Being beautiful.
5. What is the fourth of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Scarry find a motif?
2. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
3. What is negative about the widespread definition of beauty?
4. What about beauty did those wanting to banish it say was destructive?
5. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)