|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(a) The arts.
2. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
(a) The Dream.
(b) The Real.
(c) The Literary.
(d) The Imaginative.
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is life saving.
(b) Beauty cannot always last.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty can be evil.
4. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
5. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
2. What implications are investigated in the section on being fair?
3. What is the last kind of perception described in the book?
4. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
5. What did Scarry salute?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)