|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
2. What does beauty give us access to do?
(a) Seek better things.
(b) Feel alive.
(c) Be distracted from evil.
(d) Find love.
3. What kind of argument was used when Scarry described what beauty could not do?
(a) Persuasive argument.
(b) Positive argument.
(c) Negative argument.
(d) Elemental argument.
4. What kind of book is this?
(a) Self Help.
5. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is life saving.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(c) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(d) Beauty is new.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
2. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
4. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)