|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty can be evil.
(b) Beauty cannot always last.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is new.
2. Who was Wittgenstein?
(a) A writer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A king.
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
4. What comes from perfect justice?
(a) Perfect creation.
(b) Perfect equality.
(c) Perfect rendering.
(d) Perfect beauty.
5. What did those who wanted to banish beauty think was wrong with it?
(a) It was distracting.
(b) It was destructive.
(c) It was unfairly distributed.
(d) It was useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
2. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
3. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
4. What is the title of the second section of this book?
5. What was Proust's occupation?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)