|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
(a) Palm fronds.
(d) Ink pens.
2. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The need to be near beauty.
(b) The pride of creating beauty.
(c) The anger of not being beautiful.
(d) The effects of beauty on him.
3. Who says that beauty puts us in touch with our bodies?
4. What is an important part of Scarry's ideal world?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The weather.
(c) The rain.
(d) The sky.
5. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Judging them.
(c) Using them.
(d) Scorning them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
2. Who says that beauty decenters the viewer?
3. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
4. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
5. What does an onlooker of beauty often wish?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)