|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Odysseus visit?
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is life saving.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
3. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
4. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
(a) They want to own it.
(b) They want a purpose.
(c) They want to see if it exists.
(d) They want to distract themselves.
5. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
(a) In the mind.
(b) As an object.
(c) On paper.
(d) In communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andreas write about?
2. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
4. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)