|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the searches for beauty than other searches?
(a) People want to share beauty.
(b) People don't ever find beauty.
(c) People cannot build beauty.
(d) People are not distracted by beauty.
2. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
(a) They want a purpose.
(b) They want to see if it exists.
(c) They want to own it.
(d) They want to distract themselves.
3. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
4. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(d) All of these.
5. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The effects of beauty on him.
(b) The anger of not being beautiful.
(c) The need to be near beauty.
(d) The pride of creating beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the complaints lodged against beauty described?
2. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
3. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
4. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
5. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)