|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The strange directional challenges.
(b) The pliancy of consciousness.
(c) The need for religion.
(d) The worsening of morals.
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
3. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) A crow.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An owl.
4. Beauty was demoted from ______________.
(a) The arts.
(b) The sublime.
(c) All of these.
(d) The natural man.
5. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
2. What is the first phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
4. What is the fourth of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
5. What did Euripides describe in detail?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)