|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't poems be harmed?
(a) They are creations.
(b) They are full of life.
(c) They are inanimate.
(d) They are eternal.
2. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
3. Those who wanted to banish beauty wanted to keep beauty out of ___________.
(a) Main stream media.
(b) Political Campaigns.
(c) Religious Practices.
(d) Academic Conversations.
4. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
(b) Ink pens.
(d) Palm fronds.
5. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
(a) In humans.
(b) In religion.
(c) In nature.
(d) In memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Scarry's doubtful friend study her ideas about beauty?
2. What kind of potential does Scarry reaffirm when working in a garden?
3. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
4. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
5. What about beauty did those wanting to banish it say was destructive?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)