|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) A crow.
(b) An owl.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) An eagle.
2. What is the fourth of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
3. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
4. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
(a) The person who chooses not to admire others.
(b) The person admiring the beauty.
(c) The person who is overlooked.
(d) The person being admired.
5. Where did Scarry find a motif?
(a) In beauty.
(b) In music.
(c) In her taste.
(d) In art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vulnerable person who admires beauty risk?
2. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
3. What is different about the searches for beauty than other searches?
4. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
5. What comes from perfect justice?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)