|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
(a) An anthem.
(b) A couplet.
(c) A sonnet.
(d) A song.
2. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It goes back and forth.
(b) It is destructive.
(c) It causes both harm and damage.
(d) It is productive.
3. What is an important part of Scarry's ideal world?
(a) The sky.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The weather.
(d) The rain.
4. What is every person seeking?
(a) All of these.
5. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Past experiences.
(b) Cultural differences.
(c) Heart ache.
(d) Things her father said.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
2. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
3. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
4. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
5. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)