|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does beauty give us access to do?
(a) Be distracted from evil.
(b) Seek better things.
(c) Find love.
(d) Feel alive.
2. What is the normal distinction between beauty and deity?
(a) That which feels natural and that which feels foreign.
(b) That which charms us and that which moves us.
(c) That which motivates us and that which holds us back.
(d) That which compels us and that which calms us.
3. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) A crow.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) An owl.
4. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
(a) They confuse the ideas of beauty.
(b) All of these.
(c) They show use ourselves.
(d) They are hard on the heart.
5. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
2. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
3. What started the demotion of beauty?
4. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
5. What concept did Edmund Burke write about?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)