|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Scarry salute?
(b) Countries centered around beauty.
(c) Continued existence.
(d) Philosophers who loved religion.
2. How are the complaints lodged against beauty described?
(a) All of these.
3. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
(a) Not righteous.
(b) Not night.
(c) Not male.
(d) Not harmful.
4. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
5. What do unharmed poems prove?
(a) Beauty is not harmful.
(b) Beauty is not mortal.
(c) Beauty is not always the same.
(d) Beauty is not bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. How many phases does Scarry use to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
4. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
5. What is negative about the widespread definition of beauty?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)