|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT always found with beauty?
2. What was Matisse's occupation?
3. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(b) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
(c) He inspired Da Vinci.
(d) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
4. Scarry's doubtful friend agreed with the idea that ________________.
(a) People needed beauty to survive.
(b) Beauty and justice needed balance.
(c) Beauty brought about good.
(d) People were better with beauty.
5. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Things her father said.
(b) Past experiences.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) Heart ache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. Plato said the beauty of one could lead to ____________.
3. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
4. What does beauty unseen improve?
5. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)