|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote about Odysseus?
2. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
3. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A dream.
(c) A painting.
(d) A book.
4. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Classic philosophers.
(b) Baroque writers.
(c) Contemporary writers.
(d) Mid-Century writers.
5. What is NOT always found with beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
3. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
4. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
5. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)