|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
(d) Oscar Wilde.
2. What is Scarry's hope for the next generation?
(a) They appreciate beauty.
(b) They reinstate beauty into religion.
(c) They find true justice.
(d) They they understand her words.
3. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. What is negative about the widespread definition of beauty?
(a) It is not detailed enough.
(b) It is not given credit for its good.
(c) It is too detailed.
(d) It is marked by what it cannot do.
5. Those who wanted to banish beauty wanted to keep beauty out of ___________.
(a) Academic Conversations.
(b) Main stream media.
(c) Political Campaigns.
(d) Religious Practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes from perfect justice?
2. What is NOT always found with beauty?
3. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
4. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
5. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)