|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who have no beauty.
(b) Those who hoard beauty.
(c) Those who are selfish.
(d) Those who are afraid.
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
3. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) The self indulgence of it.
(b) All the abuse it causes.
(c) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(d) The variety of perspectives.
4. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
(a) She is confused by them.
(b) She is amused by them.
(c) She hates them.
(d) She agreed with them.
5. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life does Scarry want to make beautiful?
2. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
3. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
4. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)