|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
2. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We are burdened with physical needs.
(b) We do not remember past lives.
(c) We rely on our sight.
(d) We have to start from the beginning.
3. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It gets old.
(b) It has seasons.
(c) It symbolizes bad things.
(d) It doesn't belong everywhere.
4. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) John Donne.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Robert Frost.
5. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
(a) Defining beauty.
(b) Being happy.
(c) Finding beauty.
(d) Being honest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to beauty being trapped in a particular realm?
2. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
3. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
4. What does beauty give us access to do?
5. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)