|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
(b) Too many to count.
2. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her gentility.
(b) Her nudity.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her strength.
3. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
(a) A couplet.
(b) An anthem.
(c) A sonnet.
(d) A song.
4. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
(a) The need for beauty.
(b) The desire to reach perfection.
(c) The need for impulses.
(d) The desire to attempt creation.
5. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
2. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
3. How does a bad vase give value to something else?
4. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)