|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many phases does Scarry use to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It causes both harm and damage.
(b) It is destructive.
(c) It is productive.
(d) It goes back and forth.
3. What did Andreas write about?
4. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is new.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(c) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(d) Beauty is life saving.
5. What concept did Edmund Burke write about?
(a) The caste system.
(b) The sublime.
(c) The Utopia.
(d) The equality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What started the demotion of beauty?
2. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
3. What is an important part of Scarry's ideal world?
4. What is the title of the second section of this book?
5. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)