|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can never be harmful?
(a) Being beautiful.
(b) Reading about beauty.
(c) Seeking for beautiful things.
(d) Giving pleasure to others.
2. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
(a) Its affect on other things.
(b) Its beauty.
(c) Its reputation.
(d) Its place in history.
3. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
(d) Family life.
4. What does Scarry say was removed from beauty with its demotion?
(a) Its good effects.
(b) Its widespread diversity.
(c) Its metaphysical qualities.
(d) Its educational qualities.
5. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
2. What is different about the searches for beauty than other searches?
3. What object did Matisse write about?
4. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
5. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)