|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
2. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
(a) In religion.
(b) In memories.
(c) In humans.
(d) In nature.
3. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
4. What is uneven in the world?
(d) All of these.
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To improve society.
(b) To combat evil.
(c) To tell the future.
(d) To show truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did those who wanted to banish beauty think was wrong with it?
2. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
3. What did Plato say really caused children?
4. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
5. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)