|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
(c) Ink pens.
(d) Palm fronds.
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is new.
(b) Beauty is life saving.
(c) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
3. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) An owl.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
4. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) John Donne.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
5. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
3. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
4. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
5. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)