|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
(a) They are contradictory.
(b) They are unfounded.
(c) They are showing their weaknesses.
(d) They are half truths.
2. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(b) The variety of perspectives.
(c) The self indulgence of it.
(d) All the abuse it causes.
3. What is an important part of Scarry's ideal world?
(a) The sky.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The weather.
(d) The rain.
4. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) Robert Frost.
(c) John Donne.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
5. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who are selfish.
(b) Those who hoard beauty.
(c) Those who are afraid.
(d) Those who have no beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contemporary writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
3. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
4. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
5. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)