|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kinds of perception does Scarry talk about in this book?
2. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
3. What does beauty give us access to do?
(a) Feel alive.
(b) Be distracted from evil.
(c) Find love.
(d) Seek better things.
4. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
5. What symbolizes social justice for Scarry?
(a) The moon.
(b) The earth.
(c) The sky.
(d) The stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about the demotion of beauty?
2. Who wanted to banish beauty in the 20th Century?
3. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
4. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
5. What does the vulnerable person who admires beauty risk?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)