|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Odysseus visit?
2. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(b) The truth.
(d) All of these.
3. What is every person seeking?
(c) All of these.
4. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
(a) As an object.
(b) On paper.
(c) In the mind.
(d) In communities.
5. What is negative about the widespread definition of beauty?
(a) It is not detailed enough.
(b) It is not given credit for its good.
(c) It is too detailed.
(d) It is marked by what it cannot do.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the complaints lodged against beauty described?
2. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
5. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)