|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Scorning them.
(b) Judging them.
(c) Using them.
(d) Caring about them.
2. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The strange directional challenges.
(b) The worsening of morals.
(c) The pliancy of consciousness.
(d) The need for religion.
3. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
(a) They show use ourselves.
(b) They are hard on the heart.
(c) All of these.
(d) They confuse the ideas of beauty.
4. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
5. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(b) Beauty is new.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do unharmed poems prove?
2. What started the demotion of beauty?
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
4. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
5. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)