|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
2. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The need for religion.
(b) The pliancy of consciousness.
(c) The worsening of morals.
(d) The strange directional challenges.
3. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty is life saving.
4. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
(a) A moment of revelation.
(b) A moment of decision.
(c) A moment of confusion.
(d) A moment of clarity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
2. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
3. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
4. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
5. What is the third phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)