|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kinds of perception does Scarry talk about in this book?
2. What does Scarry say a bad vase lends value to?
(a) The flowers in the vase.
(b) The maker of the vase.
(c) Good vases.
(d) Other works of the maker.
3. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) All of these.
(b) He was an inventor.
(c) He sketched.
(d) He painted.
4. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
5. What do unharmed poems prove?
(a) Beauty is not bad.
(b) Beauty is not always the same.
(c) Beauty is not mortal.
(d) Beauty is not harmful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
2. What did Andreas write about?
3. What about beauty did those wanting to banish it say was destructive?
4. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
5. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)