|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He donated his profits.
(b) He created what he wanted.
(c) He never sought for acclaim.
(d) He copied others.
2. How does Scarry describe her explanations of beauty?
3. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A dream.
4. Beauty is compacted with ______________.
5. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
2. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
3. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
4. What is Scarry's hope for the next generation?
5. What is every person seeking?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)