|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Scarry salute?
(a) Continued existence.
(b) Philosophers who loved religion.
(c) Countries centered around beauty.
2. What kind of life does Scarry want to make beautiful?
(a) Spiritual life.
(b) Exterior life.
(c) Existential life.
(d) Interior life.
3. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The pride of creating beauty.
(b) The anger of not being beautiful.
(c) The effects of beauty on him.
(d) The need to be near beauty.
4. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She disagrees.
(c) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(d) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To show truth.
(b) To tell the future.
(c) To combat evil.
(d) To improve society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
2. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
3. What is the title of the second section of this book?
4. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
5. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)