|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
2. What led to beauty being trapped in a particular realm?
(a) The poems written about it.
(b) Its demotion.
(c) People changing its ideas.
(d) The negative views about it.
3. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
(a) Women being like men.
(b) Women speaking out.
(c) Beauty veing recognized.
(d) Men being like women.
4. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
(a) Pulling weeds.
(b) Helping plants reproduce.
(c) Caring for the plants there.
(d) Admiring their beauty.
5. What mid-century writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
2. How does Scarry describe her explanations of beauty?
3. What is the last kind of perception described in the book?
4. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
5. What is the first of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)