|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1970's.
(b) The 1990's.
(c) The 1960's.
(d) The 1980's.
2. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(b) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
(c) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
(d) He inspired Da Vinci.
3. What did Scarry salute?
(a) Continued existence.
(b) Philosophers who loved religion.
(d) Countries centered around beauty.
4. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
5. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about the demotion of beauty?
2. What is a motif?
3. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
4. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
5. Why do some people claim beauty is not earned?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)