|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1990's.
(b) The 1970's.
(c) The 1960's.
(d) The 1980's.
2. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(a) All of these.
3. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(d) She disagrees.
4. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It teaches other to be lovely.
(b) It brings out the inner beauty.
(c) It has continual creation.
(d) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
5. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
(a) The Real.
(b) The Imaginative.
(c) The Literary.
(d) The Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
2. Who wanted to banish beauty in the 20th Century?
3. How many phases does Scarry use to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
4. Those who wanted to banish beauty wanted to keep beauty out of ___________.
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)