|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
(a) A moment of clarity.
(b) A moment of confusion.
(c) A moment of revelation.
(d) A moment of decision.
2. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
3. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to write.
(b) The impulse to beget.
(c) The impulse to find beauty.
(d) The impulse to improve one's self.
4. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
(a) She is confused by them.
(b) She is amused by them.
(c) She agreed with them.
(d) She hates them.
5. What does beauty give us access to do?
(a) Seek better things.
(b) Feel alive.
(c) Find love.
(d) Be distracted from evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object did Matisse write about?
2. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
3. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
4. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
5. Who was Wittgenstein?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)