|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
2. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The future.
(b) The brave.
(c) The right.
(d) The truth.
3. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It doesn't belong everywhere.
(b) It symbolizes bad things.
(c) It gets old.
(d) It has seasons.
4. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
5. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
(a) Not righteous.
(b) Not harmful.
(c) Not male.
(d) Not night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the second section of this book?
2. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
3. What does beauty unseen improve?
4. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
5. What is the fourth of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)