|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
(a) The act of painting.
(b) The cause of art.
(c) The artist's lifestyle.
(d) The beauty of nature.
2. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
(a) The person who chooses not to admire others.
(b) The person who is overlooked.
(c) The person being admired.
(d) The person admiring the beauty.
3. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We have to start from the beginning.
(b) We do not remember past lives.
(c) We rely on our sight.
(d) We are burdened with physical needs.
4. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
5. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) An eagle.
(b) An owl.
(c) A crow.
(d) A mockingbird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
2. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
3. How are the complaints lodged against beauty described?
4. How does Scarry describe her explanations of beauty?
5. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)