|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Scarry find a motif?
(a) In beauty.
(b) In art.
(c) In music.
(d) In her taste.
2. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The future.
(b) The brave.
(c) The truth.
(d) The right.
3. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
4. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
5. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
(a) A couplet.
(b) A song.
(c) An anthem.
(d) A sonnet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
3. What was Matisse's occupation?
4. Why do some people claim beauty is not earned?
5. What kind of potential does Scarry reaffirm when working in a garden?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)