|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
2. What is the third of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
3. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(b) The variety of perspectives.
(c) All the abuse it causes.
(d) The self indulgence of it.
4. Why do people seek out beauty?
(a) They want to see if it exists.
(b) They want to add it to the world.
(c) They want to become beautiful.
(d) They want to lighten their load.
5. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
2. Who wanted to banish beauty in the 20th Century?
3. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
4. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
5. How many phases does Scarry use to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)