|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of argument was used when Scarry described what beauty could not do?
(a) Positive argument.
(b) Persuasive argument.
(c) Negative argument.
(d) Elemental argument.
2. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
(a) A moment of confusion.
(b) A moment of revelation.
(c) A moment of clarity.
(d) A moment of decision.
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
4. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He created what he wanted.
(b) He never sought for acclaim.
(c) He donated his profits.
(d) He copied others.
5. What is negative about the widespread definition of beauty?
(a) It is too detailed.
(b) It is not given credit for its good.
(c) It is not detailed enough.
(d) It is marked by what it cannot do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
2. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
3. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. What is the last kind of perception described in the book?
5. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)