|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't poems be harmed?
(a) They are inanimate.
(b) They are eternal.
(c) They are creations.
(d) They are full of life.
2. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
(a) Pulling weeds.
(b) Caring for the plants there.
(c) Helping plants reproduce.
(d) Admiring their beauty.
3. What is NOT always found with beauty?
4. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
(a) In particulars.
(b) In ideas.
(c) In landscapes.
(d) In generalities.
5. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Matisse's occupation?
2. What contemporary writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. Whom did Odysseus visit?
4. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
5. Who says that beauty puts us in touch with our bodies?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)