|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
2. What was Iris Murdoch's occupation?
(b) Motivational Speaker.
3. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
4. Plato said the beauty of one could lead to ____________.
(a) The replication of beauty.
(b) The creation of more.
(c) The care of all.
(d) The love between others.
5. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) John Donne.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an onlooker of beauty often wish?
2. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
3. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
4. What is the third phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)