|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes from perfect justice?
(a) Perfect beauty.
(b) Perfect creation.
(c) Perfect rendering.
(d) Perfect equality.
2. What is the third phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Contemporary writers.
(b) Mid-Century writers.
(c) Classic philosophers.
(d) Baroque writers.
3. How many phases does Scarry use to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
4. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She agrees with only parts of them.
(b) She is confused by them.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She agrees with her.
5. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
2. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
3. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
4. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
5. What did Scarry salute?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)