|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
2. What does Scarry say was removed from beauty with its demotion?
(a) Its educational qualities.
(b) Its good effects.
(c) Its widespread diversity.
(d) Its metaphysical qualities.
3. What object did Matisse write about?
(a) Palm fronds.
(c) Ivy vines.
(d) Sea shells.
4. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
(a) The person who chooses not to admire others.
(b) The person admiring the beauty.
(c) The person who is overlooked.
(d) The person being admired.
5. How are the complaints lodged against beauty described?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
2. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
3. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
4. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
5. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)