|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
(a) The cause of art.
(b) The beauty of nature.
(c) The artist's lifestyle.
(d) The act of painting.
2. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
(a) They want to distract themselves.
(b) They want to own it.
(c) They want to see if it exists.
(d) They want a purpose.
3. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
4. What kind of potential does Scarry reaffirm when working in a garden?
(a) Global potential.
(b) National potential.
(c) Personal potential.
(d) Human potential.
5. What was Iris Murdoch's occupation?
(c) Motivational Speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty was demoted from ______________.
2. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
3. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
4. What symbolizes social justice for Scarry?
5. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)