|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
2. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We rely on our sight.
(b) We have to start from the beginning.
(c) We do not remember past lives.
(d) We are burdened with physical needs.
3. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
(a) Being well rounded.
(b) Symmetry with exclusion.
(c) Opposing sides making a whole.
(d) One idea havign six faces.
4. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who have no beauty.
(b) Those who are afraid.
(c) Those who hoard beauty.
(d) Those who are selfish.
5. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
2. What was Matisse's occupation?
3. Why can't poems be harmed?
4. What did Plato say really caused children?
5. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)