|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Judging them.
(c) Scorning them.
(d) Using them.
2. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
(a) All of these.
(b) The need.
(c) The place.
(d) The desire.
3. What was Iris Murdoch's occupation?
(d) Motivational Speaker.
4. What did those who wanted to banish beauty think was wrong with it?
(a) It was destructive.
(b) It was useless.
(c) It was unfairly distributed.
(d) It was distracting.
5. What is the first of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
2. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
3. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
4. What does beauty give us access to do?
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)