|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
(b) She saw a rose die.
(c) She had ignored subtle beauties.
(d) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
2. What does beauty give us access to do?
(a) Feel alive.
(b) Be distracted from evil.
(c) Seek better things.
(d) Find love.
3. What is the fourth of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Scorning them.
(b) Judging them.
(c) Using them.
(d) Caring about them.
5. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
(a) In landscapes.
(b) In generalities.
(c) In ideas.
(d) In particulars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
2. What is the first of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
3. What started the demotion of beauty?
4. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)