|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of life does Scarry want to make beautiful?
(a) Exterior life.
(b) Existential life.
(c) Spiritual life.
(d) Interior life.
2. Scarry's doubtful friend agreed with the idea that ________________.
(a) People were better with beauty.
(b) People needed beauty to survive.
(c) Beauty and justice needed balance.
(d) Beauty brought about good.
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
(a) A moment of revelation.
(b) A moment of decision.
(c) A moment of clarity.
(d) A moment of confusion.
4. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Religious error.
(b) Visual errors.
(c) Philosophical errors.
(d) Intellectual errors.
5. In what field was beauty taboo when this book was written?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andreas write about?
2. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
3. Beauty was demoted from ______________.
4. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
5. What does beauty give us access to do?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)