|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her gentility.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her nudity.
2. What kind of argument was used when Scarry described what beauty could not do?
(a) Elemental argument.
(b) Persuasive argument.
(c) Positive argument.
(d) Negative argument.
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
(a) A moment of clarity.
(b) A moment of confusion.
(c) A moment of decision.
(d) A moment of revelation.
4. What do unharmed poems prove?
(a) Beauty is not always the same.
(b) Beauty is not harmful.
(c) Beauty is not mortal.
(d) Beauty is not bad.
5. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
(c) Family life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What implications are investigated in the section on being fair?
2. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
3. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
4. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
5. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)