|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
(a) The need.
(b) All of these.
(c) The place.
(d) The desire.
2. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
(a) In generalities.
(b) In landscapes.
(c) In ideas.
(d) In particulars.
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
4. What can never be harmful?
(a) Giving pleasure to others.
(b) Seeking for beautiful things.
(c) Being beautiful.
(d) Reading about beauty.
5. What kind of argument was used when Scarry described what beauty could not do?
(a) Persuasive argument.
(b) Negative argument.
(c) Positive argument.
(d) Elemental argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
2. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
3. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
4. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
5. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)