|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) A mirror.
(b) The grave of his wife.
(c) An image of a girl serving milk.
(d) A self portrait.
2. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The worsening of morals.
(b) The strange directional challenges.
(c) The need for religion.
(d) The pliancy of consciousness.
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She interviews other leaders.
(b) She gives her own experiences.
(c) She cites studies.
(d) She quotes old philosophers.
4. What is NOT always found with beauty?
5. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
2. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What does Scarry say was removed from beauty with its demotion?
4. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
5. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)