|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is new.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
3. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) To make the world better.
(b) To make life happier.
(c) To show she is write.
(d) All of these.
4. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
(a) Caring for the plants there.
(b) Helping plants reproduce.
(c) Admiring their beauty.
(d) Pulling weeds.
5. What does Scarry say a bad vase lends value to?
(a) Good vases.
(b) The maker of the vase.
(c) Other works of the maker.
(d) The flowers in the vase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
2. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
3. What does the vulnerable person who admires beauty risk?
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
5. What did Euripides describe in detail?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)