|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT always found with beauty?
2. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
(c) Hard work.
3. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(b) Natural settings.
(c) The humanities.
(d) Patriotic ideals.
4. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(a) The arts.
5. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Things her father said.
(b) Past experiences.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) Heart ache.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
2. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
4. What kind of argument was used when Scarry described what beauty could not do?
5. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)