|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some people claim beauty is not earned?
(a) Some people are born with it.
(b) Some people don't desire it.
(c) It is too easily obtained.
(d) It is too subjective.
2. What did Scarry salute?
(a) Countries centered around beauty.
(b) Philosophers who loved religion.
(d) Continued existence.
3. What did Euripides describe in detail?
(a) Assembly halls.
4. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The anger of not being beautiful.
(b) The need to be near beauty.
(c) The effects of beauty on him.
(d) The pride of creating beauty.
5. What is the fourth of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of potential does Scarry reaffirm when working in a garden?
2. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
3. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
4. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)