|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
2. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
(a) The studio.
(b) A stage.
(d) A bathroom.
3. What is the third of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. Who said that all things aspire to equality?
5. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is life saving.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
2. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
3. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
4. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
5. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)