|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She would never be beautiful.
(b) She had missed other beauties in life.
(c) She would die and lose her beauty.
(d) Others would never see her beauty.
2. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who are selfish.
(b) Those who are afraid.
(c) Those who have no beauty.
(d) Those who hoard beauty.
3. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To show truth.
(b) To combat evil.
(c) To improve society.
(d) To tell the future.
4. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
(b) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(c) He inspired Da Vinci.
(d) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
5. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
2. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
3. Whom did Odysseus visit?
4. What kind of potential does Scarry reaffirm when working in a garden?
5. What is negative about the widespread definition of beauty?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)