|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty is compacted with ______________.
2. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Using them.
(c) Judging them.
(d) Scorning them.
3. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
4. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
(a) She is confused by them.
(b) She agreed with them.
(c) She hates them.
(d) She is amused by them.
5. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who hoard beauty.
(b) Those who are afraid.
(c) Those who are selfish.
(d) Those who have no beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
2. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
4. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
5. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)