|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
2. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who are selfish.
(b) Those who have no beauty.
(c) Those who hoard beauty.
(d) Those who are afraid.
3. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her gentility.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her nudity.
4. What is the fourth of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
5. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) To make life happier.
(b) To make the world better.
(c) To show she is write.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
2. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
3. What is the last kind of perception described in the book?
4. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
5. How does a bad vase give value to something else?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)