|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Scorning them.
(c) Judging them.
(d) Using them.
2. What does the vulnerable person who admires beauty risk?
(a) Being rejected.
(b) Having no privacy.
(c) Becoming attached.
(d) Giving up secrets.
3. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
4. How does a bad vase give value to something else?
(a) It provides opposition.
(b) It lowers the standards.
(c) It doesn't detract from beauty.
(d) It allows the maker practice.
5. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
(a) Women speaking out.
(b) Women being like men.
(c) Men being like women.
(d) Beauty veing recognized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do unharmed poems prove?
2. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
3. Those who wanted to banish beauty wanted to keep beauty out of ___________.
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
5. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)