|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
2. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Classic philosophers.
(b) Baroque writers.
(c) Mid-Century writers.
(d) Contemporary writers.
3. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to find beauty.
(b) The impulse to write.
(c) The impulse to improve one's self.
(d) The impulse to beget.
4. What implications are investigated in the section on being fair?
(a) None of these.
(b) Religious implications.
(c) Legal implication.
(d) Moral implications.
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
2. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
3. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
4. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
5. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)