|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is new.
(b) Beauty can be evil.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty cannot always last.
2. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
3. Scarry's doubtful friend agreed with the idea that ________________.
(a) Beauty brought about good.
(b) People were better with beauty.
(c) People needed beauty to survive.
(d) Beauty and justice needed balance.
4. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
5. What is every person seeking?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
2. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
3. What did Andreas write about?
4. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)