|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
(a) He had children.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was famous.
(d) He held grudges.
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(b) Beauty is new.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
3. What kind of book is this?
(c) Self Help.
4. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(d) All of these.
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To tell the future.
(b) To improve society.
(c) To show truth.
(d) To combat evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
2. Where did Scarry find a motif?
3. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
4. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
5. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)