|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
2. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
(a) Men being like women.
(b) Women speaking out.
(c) Women being like men.
(d) Beauty veing recognized.
3. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Cultural differences.
(b) Past experiences.
(c) Things her father said.
(d) Heart ache.
4. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She agrees with her.
(b) She disagrees.
(c) She agrees with only parts of them.
(d) She is confused by them.
5. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It is destructive.
(b) It is productive.
(c) It goes back and forth.
(d) It causes both harm and damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
3. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
4. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
5. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)