|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She is confused by them.
(b) She agrees with her.
(c) She agrees with only parts of them.
(d) She disagrees.
2. What is a motif?
(a) A kind of poem.
(b) A way of expression.
(c) A repeated pattern.
(d) A theme.
3. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
(b) Too many to count.
4. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) An owl.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Philosophical errors.
(b) Visual errors.
(c) Intellectual errors.
(d) Religious error.
Short Answer Questions
1. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
2. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
3. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
4. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
5. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)