|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
(a) Cultural differences.
(b) Happy memories.
(d) Agreeable opinions.
2. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(a) All of these.
3. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
(a) She saw the symbolism in all living things.
(b) All of these.
(c) She saw beauty in other trees.
(d) She saw patterns of the tree in other paintings.
4. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(c) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(d) She disagrees.
5. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
2. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
3. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
4. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
5. What kind of book is this?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)