|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
2. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He inspired Da Vinci.
(b) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
(c) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(d) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
3. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(c) All of these.
4. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
(a) He held grudges.
(b) He was famous.
(c) He was an artist.
(d) He had children.
5. What is a motif?
(a) A kind of poem.
(b) A theme.
(c) A way of expression.
(d) A repeated pattern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
2. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
3. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
4. What did Plato say really caused children?
5. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)