|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(b) Beauty is new.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
2. Who wrote about Odysseus?
3. Whom did Odysseus visit?
4. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The effects of beauty on him.
(b) The pride of creating beauty.
(c) The need to be near beauty.
(d) The anger of not being beautiful.
5. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
2. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
3. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
4. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
5. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)