|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A self portrait.
(c) An image of a girl serving milk.
(d) The grave of his wife.
2. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She gives her own experiences.
(b) She interviews other leaders.
(c) She quotes old philosophers.
(d) She cites studies.
4. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
5. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
2. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
3. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
4. What is the title of the second section of this book?
5. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)