|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
(a) Palm fronds.
(b) Ink pens.
2. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It has continual creation.
(b) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
(c) It brings out the inner beauty.
(d) It teaches other to be lovely.
3. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to improve one's self.
(b) The impulse to find beauty.
(c) The impulse to write.
(d) The impulse to beget.
4. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
5. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) All of these.
(b) He painted.
(c) He was an inventor.
(d) He sketched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a motif?
2. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
3. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
4. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
5. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)