|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
2. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Judging them.
(c) Using them.
(d) Scorning them.
3. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(a) Patriotic ideals.
(b) The humanities.
(d) Natural settings.
4. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(b) Beauty is life saving.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
5. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We have to start from the beginning.
(b) We are burdened with physical needs.
(c) We rely on our sight.
(d) We do not remember past lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
2. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
3. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
4. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
5. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)