|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(d) John Donne.
2. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She is confused by them.
(b) She agrees with only parts of them.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She agrees with her.
3. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) All of these.
(b) He was an inventor.
(c) He sketched.
(d) He painted.
4. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
5. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1960's.
(b) The 1990's.
(c) The 1980's.
(d) The 1970's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
2. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
3. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
4. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
5. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)