|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
(a) She saw the symbolism in all living things.
(b) All of these.
(c) She saw beauty in other trees.
(d) She saw patterns of the tree in other paintings.
2. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The effects of beauty on him.
(b) The need to be near beauty.
(c) The anger of not being beautiful.
(d) The pride of creating beauty.
3. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
4. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
5. What kind of book is this?
(a) Self Help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
2. What did Plato say really caused children?
3. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
4. Where did Scarry find a motif?
5. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)