|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Proust's occupation?
2. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(b) All of these.
(c) The truth.
3. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
(c) Ink pens.
(d) Palm fronds.
4. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) To make life happier.
(b) To make the world better.
(c) All of these.
(d) To show she is write.
5. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He created what he wanted.
(b) He never sought for acclaim.
(c) He donated his profits.
(d) He copied others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
2. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
3. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
4. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
5. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)