|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is new.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
2. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is corrupted.
(b) When it is immortal.
(c) When it is used for evil.
(d) When it is mortal.
3. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Living a full life.
(b) Seeing beauty all around.
(c) Believing others ideas.
(d) Accepting other cultures.
4. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(b) All of these.
5. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Matisse's occupation?
2. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
3. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
4. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
5. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)