|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Proust's occupation?
2. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It causes both harm and damage.
(b) It is productive.
(c) It goes back and forth.
(d) It is destructive.
3. Who was Wittgenstein?
(a) A king.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A politician.
(d) A writer.
4. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She disagrees.
(b) She agrees with only parts of them.
(c) She is confused by them.
(d) She agrees with her.
5. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
2. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
4. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
5. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)