|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Scorning them.
(b) Caring about them.
(c) Using them.
(d) Judging them.
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(b) Beauty is new.
(c) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(d) Beauty is life saving.
3. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She disagrees.
(b) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(c) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(d) She agrees.
4. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Philosophical errors.
(b) Religious error.
(c) Visual errors.
(d) Intellectual errors.
5. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He donated his profits.
(b) He never sought for acclaim.
(c) He created what he wanted.
(d) He copied others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
2. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
3. Who wrote about Odysseus?
4. What did Plato say really caused children?
5. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)