|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty is life saving.
2. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) An image of a girl serving milk.
(b) The grave of his wife.
(c) A self portrait.
(d) A mirror.
3. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
4. What kind of book is this?
(c) Self Help.
5. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Living a full life.
(b) Seeing beauty all around.
(c) Accepting other cultures.
(d) Believing others ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
2. Whom did Odysseus visit?
3. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
4. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
5. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)