|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It has continual creation.
(b) It teaches other to be lovely.
(c) It brings out the inner beauty.
(d) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
2. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
(a) Agreeable opinions.
(b) Cultural differences.
(c) Happy memories.
3. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Scorning them.
(b) Judging them.
(c) Caring about them.
(d) Using them.
4. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
(a) Palm fronds.
(d) Ink pens.
5. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her strength.
(c) Her gentility.
(d) Her nudity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
2. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
3. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
4. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
5. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)