|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
2. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
3. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1970's.
(b) The 1960's.
(c) The 1990's.
(d) The 1980's.
4. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
(a) She is amused by them.
(b) She hates them.
(c) She is confused by them.
(d) She agreed with them.
5. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
(a) It was larger than life.
(b) It was scary.
(c) It was not how she thought it would be.
(d) It was beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
2. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
3. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
4. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
5. What did Plato say really caused children?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)