|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
3. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Heart ache.
(b) Cultural differences.
(c) Things her father said.
(d) Past experiences.
4. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(b) All of these.
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Visual errors.
(b) Religious error.
(c) Philosophical errors.
(d) Intellectual errors.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
2. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
3. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
4. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
5. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)