|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) He sketched.
(b) All of these.
(c) He painted.
(d) He was an inventor.
2. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
3. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
4. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
5. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Past experiences.
(b) Heart ache.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) Things her father said.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
2. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
3. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
4. Where did Scarry find a motif?
5. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)