|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Religious error.
(b) Intellectual errors.
(c) Philosophical errors.
(d) Visual errors.
2. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Judging them.
(b) Caring about them.
(c) Using them.
(d) Scorning them.
3. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
(a) The need.
(b) The place.
(c) All of these.
(d) The desire.
4. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Plato say really caused children?
2. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
4. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
5. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)