|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Believing others ideas.
(b) Accepting other cultures.
(c) Seeing beauty all around.
(d) Living a full life.
2. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To improve society.
(b) To show truth.
(c) To tell the future.
(d) To combat evil.
3. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1960's.
(b) The 1980's.
(c) The 1970's.
(d) The 1990's.
4. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He never sought for acclaim.
(b) He donated his profits.
(c) He created what he wanted.
(d) He copied others.
5. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
2. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
3. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
4. What fear did Matisse write about?
5. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)