|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1960's.
(b) The 1980's.
(c) The 1990's.
(d) The 1970's.
2. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
(a) Men being like women.
(b) Women being like men.
(c) Beauty veing recognized.
(d) Women speaking out.
3. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) All of these.
(b) He sketched.
(c) He painted.
(d) He was an inventor.
4. What did Plato say really caused children?
(a) The desire of men to see themselves.
(b) The repercussions of pride.
(c) The act of beauty replicating itself.
(d) The banal need for beauty.
5. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(a) Natural settings.
(b) The humanities.
(c) Patriotic ideals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
2. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
3. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
4. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
5. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)