|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
2. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Seeing beauty all around.
(b) Accepting other cultures.
(c) Living a full life.
(d) Believing others ideas.
3. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
4. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
(b) She had ignored subtle beauties.
(c) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
(d) She saw a rose die.
5. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She cites studies.
(b) She quotes old philosophers.
(c) She gives her own experiences.
(d) She interviews other leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
3. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
4. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
5. Whom did Odysseus visit?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)