|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He inspired Da Vinci.
(b) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(c) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
(d) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
2. What is the title of the second section of this book?
(a) "Beauty Prompts a Battle Within."
(b) "Beauty Prompts Some Inner Workings."
(c) "Beauty Prompts a Copy of Itself."
(d) "Beauty Prompts Praise of Itself."
3. What is a motif?
(a) A kind of poem.
(b) A theme.
(c) A repeated pattern.
(d) A way of expression.
4. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It has seasons.
(b) It doesn't belong everywhere.
(c) It symbolizes bad things.
(d) It gets old.
5. What object did Matisse write about?
(a) Sea shells.
(b) Ivy vines.
(c) Palm fronds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
2. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
3. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
4. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
5. Whom did Odysseus visit?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)