|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
2. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is used for evil.
(b) When it is immortal.
(c) When it is mortal.
(d) When it is corrupted.
3. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is new.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
4. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The future.
(b) The brave.
(c) The right.
(d) The truth.
5. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
(a) A sonnet.
(b) An anthem.
(c) A couplet.
(d) A song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
2. What fear did Matisse write about?
3. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
4. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
5. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)