|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
3. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He inspired Da Vinci.
(b) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
(c) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
(d) He tutored under Da Vinci.
4. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Scorning them.
(c) Using them.
(d) Judging them.
5. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
(b) She saw a rose die.
(c) She had ignored subtle beauties.
(d) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
2. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
3. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
4. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
5. What was Proust's occupation?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)