|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) The variety of perspectives.
(b) All the abuse it causes.
(c) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(d) The self indulgence of it.
2. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
3. What is the title of the second section of this book?
(a) "Beauty Prompts Some Inner Workings."
(b) "Beauty Prompts a Battle Within."
(c) "Beauty Prompts a Copy of Itself."
(d) "Beauty Prompts Praise of Itself."
4. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her strength.
(b) Her gentility.
(c) Her nudity.
(d) Her beauty.
5. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
(a) They confuse the ideas of beauty.
(b) All of these.
(c) They show use ourselves.
(d) They are hard on the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Matisse's occupation?
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
3. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
4. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
5. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)