|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
(a) The cause of art.
(b) The act of painting.
(c) The artist's lifestyle.
(d) The beauty of nature.
2. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
3. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The truth.
(b) The right.
(c) The brave.
(d) The future.
4. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
5. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who hoard beauty.
(b) Those who are afraid.
(c) Those who have no beauty.
(d) Those who are selfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
2. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
3. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
4. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
5. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)