|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Odysseus visit?
2. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She would never be beautiful.
(b) She would die and lose her beauty.
(c) She had missed other beauties in life.
(d) Others would never see her beauty.
3. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He created what he wanted.
(b) He donated his profits.
(c) He copied others.
(d) He never sought for acclaim.
4. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) The self indulgence of it.
(b) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(c) The variety of perspectives.
(d) All the abuse it causes.
5. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
2. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
3. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
4. What was Matisse's occupation?
5. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)