|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She interviews other leaders.
(b) She cites studies.
(c) She quotes old philosophers.
(d) She gives her own experiences.
2. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A painting.
(b) A dream.
(c) A book.
(d) A vacation.
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
(a) A moment of decision.
(b) A moment of confusion.
(c) A moment of clarity.
(d) A moment of revelation.
4. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
5. What is a motif?
(a) A theme.
(b) A way of expression.
(c) A kind of poem.
(d) A repeated pattern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
2. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
3. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
4. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
5. Where did Scarry find a motif?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)