|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Odysseus visit?
2. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
3. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(a) All of these.
4. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
5. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It doesn't belong everywhere.
(b) It symbolizes bad things.
(c) It has seasons.
(d) It gets old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
2. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
3. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
4. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
5. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)