|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(a) All of these.
(c) The truth.
2. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Accepting other cultures.
(b) Seeing beauty all around.
(c) Believing others ideas.
(d) Living a full life.
3. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
4. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
(a) A bathroom.
(c) A stage.
(d) The studio.
5. Whom did Odysseus visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
2. Where did Scarry find a motif?
3. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
4. What is the title of the second section of this book?
5. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)