|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
2. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She quotes old philosophers.
(b) She interviews other leaders.
(c) She cites studies.
(d) She gives her own experiences.
4. What was Matisse's occupation?
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
3. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
4. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
5. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)