|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It has seasons.
(b) It symbolizes bad things.
(c) It gets old.
(d) It doesn't belong everywhere.
2. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
3. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
4. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
(a) The need for impulses.
(b) The need for beauty.
(c) The desire to attempt creation.
(d) The desire to reach perfection.
5. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The strange directional challenges.
(b) The need for religion.
(c) The worsening of morals.
(d) The pliancy of consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
2. What did Plato say really caused children?
3. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
4. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
5. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)