|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
(a) All of these.
(b) They confuse the ideas of beauty.
(c) They are hard on the heart.
(d) They show use ourselves.
2. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) The self indulgence of it.
(b) All the abuse it causes.
(c) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(d) The variety of perspectives.
3. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Scorning them.
(b) Using them.
(c) Caring about them.
(d) Judging them.
4. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
(a) The beauty of nature.
(b) The artist's lifestyle.
(c) The act of painting.
(d) The cause of art.
5. Whom did Odysseus visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
2. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
3. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
5. What is the title of the second section of this book?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)