|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It has continual creation.
(b) It brings out the inner beauty.
(c) It teaches other to be lovely.
(d) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
2. Who wrote about Odysseus?
3. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was famous.
(c) He held grudges.
(d) He had children.
4. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
(a) Happy memories.
(c) Agreeable opinions.
(d) Cultural differences.
5. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) All of these.
(b) To make the world better.
(c) To make life happier.
(d) To show she is write.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
2. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
3. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
4. What fear did Matisse write about?
5. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)