|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It causes both harm and damage.
(b) It goes back and forth.
(c) It is destructive.
(d) It is productive.
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is life saving.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
3. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is used for evil.
(b) When it is mortal.
(c) When it is corrupted.
(d) When it is immortal.
4. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Past experiences.
(b) Cultural differences.
(c) Heart ache.
(d) Things her father said.
5. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She interviews other leaders.
(b) She cites studies.
(c) She gives her own experiences.
(d) She quotes old philosophers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
3. What kind of book is this?
4. Where did Scarry find a motif?
5. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)