|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1960's.
(b) The 1990's.
(c) The 1970's.
(d) The 1980's.
2. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who are afraid.
(b) Those who have no beauty.
(c) Those who are selfish.
(d) Those who hoard beauty.
3. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Believing others ideas.
(b) Living a full life.
(c) Accepting other cultures.
(d) Seeing beauty all around.
4. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The future.
(b) The truth.
(c) The right.
(d) The brave.
5. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
(a) The need for beauty.
(b) The need for impulses.
(c) The desire to reach perfection.
(d) The desire to attempt creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
2. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
3. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
4. Who wrote about Odysseus?
5. What was Proust's occupation?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)