|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
2. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
(a) The artist's lifestyle.
(b) The cause of art.
(c) The act of painting.
(d) The beauty of nature.
3. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) A self portrait.
(b) A mirror.
(c) The grave of his wife.
(d) An image of a girl serving milk.
4. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She disagrees.
(c) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(d) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
5. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
2. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
3. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
4. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
5. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)