|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It gets old.
(b) It doesn't belong everywhere.
(c) It symbolizes bad things.
(d) It has seasons.
2. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
(a) Being happy.
(b) Defining beauty.
(c) Finding beauty.
(d) Being honest.
3. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
4. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(b) The arts.
5. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(a) All of these.
(b) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
2. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
4. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
5. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)