|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(d) All of these.
2. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
(a) She saw beauty in other trees.
(b) She saw patterns of the tree in other paintings.
(c) All of these.
(d) She saw the symbolism in all living things.
3. What was Matisse's occupation?
4. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
(a) An anthem.
(b) A sonnet.
(c) A couplet.
(d) A song.
5. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
(a) Being honest.
(b) Being happy.
(c) Finding beauty.
(d) Defining beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of book is this?
2. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
3. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
4. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
5. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)