|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She had missed other beauties in life.
(b) She would never be beautiful.
(c) Others would never see her beauty.
(d) She would die and lose her beauty.
2. Where did Scarry find a motif?
(a) In music.
(b) In her taste.
(c) In art.
(d) In beauty.
3. Who was Wittgenstein?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A king.
(c) A politician.
(d) A writer.
4. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(b) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
(c) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
(d) He inspired Da Vinci.
5. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We do not remember past lives.
(b) We have to start from the beginning.
(c) We are burdened with physical needs.
(d) We rely on our sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
2. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
4. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
5. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)