|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
(a) Its affect on other things.
(b) Its reputation.
(c) Its beauty.
(d) Its place in history.
2. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(a) The arts.
3. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It is destructive.
(b) It is productive.
(c) It causes both harm and damage.
(d) It goes back and forth.
4. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
5. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She cites studies.
(b) She interviews other leaders.
(c) She gives her own experiences.
(d) She quotes old philosophers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
2. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
3. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
4. What was Matisse's occupation?
5. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)