|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(a) The arts.
2. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(b) John Donne.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Robert Frost.
3. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
4. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Heart ache.
(b) Things her father said.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) Past experiences.
5. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
(a) It was beautiful.
(b) It was not how she thought it would be.
(c) It was scary.
(d) It was larger than life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
2. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
3. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
5. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)