|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Odysseus visit?
2. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(a) The humanities.
(b) Natural settings.
(c) Patriotic ideals.
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty cannot always last.
(b) Beauty is life saving.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty can be evil.
4. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
(b) It brings out the inner beauty.
(c) It teaches other to be lovely.
(d) It has continual creation.
5. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) The self indulgence of it.
(b) The variety of perspectives.
(c) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(d) All the abuse it causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
2. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
3. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
4. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
5. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)