|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to find beauty.
(b) The impulse to write.
(c) The impulse to improve one's self.
(d) The impulse to beget.
2. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
(b) Too many to count.
3. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) To show she is write.
(b) To make life happier.
(c) All of these.
(d) To make the world better.
4. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) The grave of his wife.
(b) A self portrait.
(c) An image of a girl serving milk.
(d) A mirror.
5. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
2. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
3. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
4. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)