|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is mortal.
(b) When it is used for evil.
(c) When it is corrupted.
(d) When it is immortal.
2. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
(a) All of these.
(b) The desire.
(c) The place.
(d) The need.
3. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Judging them.
(c) Using them.
(d) Scorning them.
4. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
5. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
(a) Finding beauty.
(b) Defining beauty.
(c) Being happy.
(d) Being honest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
2. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
4. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
5. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)