|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to improve one's self.
(b) The impulse to find beauty.
(c) The impulse to beget.
(d) The impulse to write.
2. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She disagrees.
(b) She agrees with only parts of them.
(c) She agrees with her.
(d) She is confused by them.
3. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is immortal.
(b) When it is corrupted.
(c) When it is used for evil.
(d) When it is mortal.
4. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The pliancy of consciousness.
(b) The strange directional challenges.
(c) The need for religion.
(d) The worsening of morals.
5. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The brave.
(b) The future.
(c) The right.
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
2. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
3. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
4. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
5. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)