|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
(a) A song.
(b) An anthem.
(c) A sonnet.
(d) A couplet.
2. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
3. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) John Donne.
4. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
5. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
(a) He was famous.
(b) He had children.
(c) He held grudges.
(d) He was an artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
2. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
3. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
4. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
5. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)