|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
(b) Hard work.
2. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
(a) All of these.
(b) She saw the symbolism in all living things.
(c) She saw beauty in other trees.
(d) She saw patterns of the tree in other paintings.
3. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
4. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
5. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is mortal.
(b) When it is corrupted.
(c) When it is used for evil.
(d) When it is immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
2. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
3. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
4. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
5. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)