|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
(a) Hard work.
2. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
3. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(b) The humanities.
(c) Patriotic ideals.
(d) Natural settings.
4. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
5. What was Proust's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
2. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
3. What did Plato say really caused children?
4. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)