|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A stage.
(d) The studio.
2. What did Plato say really caused children?
(a) The repercussions of pride.
(b) The banal need for beauty.
(c) The act of beauty replicating itself.
(d) The desire of men to see themselves.
3. What object did Matisse write about?
(a) Ivy vines.
(c) Palm fronds.
(d) Sea shells.
4. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
(b) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(c) He inspired Da Vinci.
(d) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
5. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It symbolizes bad things.
(b) It doesn't belong everywhere.
(c) It has seasons.
(d) It gets old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
2. Where did Scarry find a motif?
3. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
4. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
5. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)