|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
2. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(b) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She disagrees.
3. Who wrote about Odysseus?
4. What is the title of the second section of this book?
(a) "Beauty Prompts a Copy of Itself."
(b) "Beauty Prompts Praise of Itself."
(c) "Beauty Prompts Some Inner Workings."
(d) "Beauty Prompts a Battle Within."
5. What is a motif?
(a) A theme.
(b) A kind of poem.
(c) A way of expression.
(d) A repeated pattern.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
2. What was Matisse's occupation?
3. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
4. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
5. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)