|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She agrees with only parts of them.
(b) She is confused by them.
(c) She agrees with her.
(d) She disagrees.
2. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) The grave of his wife.
(b) An image of a girl serving milk.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A self portrait.
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
4. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(d) All of these.
5. What is a motif?
(a) A way of expression.
(b) A theme.
(c) A kind of poem.
(d) A repeated pattern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
2. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
3. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
4. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
5. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)