|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
(a) A moment of confusion.
(b) A moment of revelation.
(c) A moment of clarity.
(d) A moment of decision.
2. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He created what he wanted.
(b) He copied others.
(c) He never sought for acclaim.
(d) He donated his profits.
3. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
(a) Its affect on other things.
(b) Its beauty.
(c) Its place in history.
(d) Its reputation.
4. What did Plato say really caused children?
(a) The banal need for beauty.
(b) The desire of men to see themselves.
(c) The repercussions of pride.
(d) The act of beauty replicating itself.
5. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She quotes old philosophers.
(b) She cites studies.
(c) She gives her own experiences.
(d) She interviews other leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. What is a motif?
3. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
4. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
5. What is the title of the second section of this book?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)