|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
(a) All of these.
(b) She saw beauty in other trees.
(c) She saw patterns of the tree in other paintings.
(d) She saw the symbolism in all living things.
2. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
(b) Hard work.
3. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Heart ache.
(b) Past experiences.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) Things her father said.
4. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(a) The humanities.
(b) Patriotic ideals.
(d) Natural settings.
5. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
2. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
3. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
4. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
5. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)