|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is life saving.
(b) Beauty is new.
(c) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
2. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
3. What object did Matisse write about?
(a) Ivy vines.
(b) Palm fronds.
(d) Sea shells.
4. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
(a) A moment of clarity.
(b) A moment of decision.
(c) A moment of revelation.
(d) A moment of confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
2. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
3. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
4. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
5. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)