|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
2. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(b) He inspired Da Vinci.
(c) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
(d) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She gives her own experiences.
(b) She quotes old philosophers.
(c) She interviews other leaders.
(d) She cites studies.
4. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She agrees with only parts of them.
(b) She agrees with her.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She is confused by them.
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
3. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
4. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
5. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)