|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) John Donne.
(d) Robert Frost.
2. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
(a) A stage.
(b) The studio.
(d) A bathroom.
3. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
4. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The effects of beauty on him.
(b) The need to be near beauty.
(c) The pride of creating beauty.
(d) The anger of not being beautiful.
5. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A painting.
(b) A dream.
(c) A book.
(d) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
2. What was Proust's occupation?
3. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
4. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
5. What did Plato say really caused children?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)