|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The truth.
(b) The brave.
(c) The future.
(d) The right.
2. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
(a) In ideas.
(b) In particulars.
(c) In landscapes.
(d) In generalities.
3. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
4. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The need to be near beauty.
(b) The anger of not being beautiful.
(c) The pride of creating beauty.
(d) The effects of beauty on him.
5. Who was Wittgenstein?
(a) A writer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
2. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
3. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
4. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
5. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)