|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
2. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
(a) They are revelatory moments.
(b) They can be pleasant surprises.
(c) They show long hidden truth.
(d) They are worse than beautiful things going ugly.
3. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
(a) Too many to count.
4. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) The studio.
(d) A stage.
5. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We rely on our sight.
(b) We have to start from the beginning.
(c) We are burdened with physical needs.
(d) We do not remember past lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
2. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
3. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
4. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
5. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)