|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A dream.
(d) A vacation.
3. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Visual errors.
(b) Intellectual errors.
(c) Philosophical errors.
(d) Religious error.
4. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
(a) The studio.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A stage.
5. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She had missed other beauties in life.
(b) She would never be beautiful.
(c) She would die and lose her beauty.
(d) Others would never see her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
2. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
3. What object did Matisse write about?
4. What did Plato say really caused children?
5. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)