|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) The self indulgence of it.
(b) All the abuse it causes.
(c) The variety of perspectives.
(d) Attributes being unevenly noted.
2. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(c) All of these.
3. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(b) Beauty is new.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
4. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(b) All of these.
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To combat evil.
(b) To show truth.
(c) To tell the future.
(d) To improve society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
2. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
3. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
4. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
5. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)