|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The effects of beauty on him.
(b) The anger of not being beautiful.
(c) The pride of creating beauty.
(d) The need to be near beauty.
2. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) An owl.
(b) A crow.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A mockingbird.
3. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
(a) It was scary.
(b) It was beautiful.
(c) It was larger than life.
(d) It was not how she thought it would be.
4. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is immortal.
(b) When it is mortal.
(c) When it is used for evil.
(d) When it is corrupted.
5. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Living a full life.
(b) Believing others ideas.
(c) Seeing beauty all around.
(d) Accepting other cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
2. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
4. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
5. What fear did Matisse write about?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)