|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She disagrees.
(b) She agrees with only parts of them.
(c) She agrees with her.
(d) She is confused by them.
2. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It symbolizes bad things.
(b) It has seasons.
(c) It gets old.
(d) It doesn't belong everywhere.
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty can be evil.
(b) Beauty is life saving.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty cannot always last.
4. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to find beauty.
(b) The impulse to write.
(c) The impulse to beget.
(d) The impulse to improve one's self.
5. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
(a) Its beauty.
(b) Its place in history.
(c) Its affect on other things.
(d) Its reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
2. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
3. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
4. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
5. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)