|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The pliancy of consciousness.
(b) The strange directional challenges.
(c) The worsening of morals.
(d) The need for religion.
2. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We have to start from the beginning.
(b) We do not remember past lives.
(c) We are burdened with physical needs.
(d) We rely on our sight.
3. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her strength.
(b) Her nudity.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her gentility.
4. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who have no beauty.
(b) Those who are afraid.
(c) Those who are selfish.
(d) Those who hoard beauty.
5. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
(a) It was scary.
(b) It was not how she thought it would be.
(c) It was beautiful.
(d) It was larger than life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
2. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
3. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
4. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
5. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)