|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) He painted.
(b) All of these.
(c) He was an inventor.
(d) He sketched.
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
3. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
4. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her nudity.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her gentility.
(d) Her strength.
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
2. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
3. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
4. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
5. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)