|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
2. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(a) The truth.
(b) All of these.
3. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is mortal.
(b) When it is used for evil.
(c) When it is corrupted.
(d) When it is immortal.
4. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
5. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
2. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
4. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
5. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)