|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Proust's occupation?
2. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is new.
(b) Beauty cannot always last.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty can be evil.
4. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) He sketched.
(b) He was an inventor.
(c) All of these.
(d) He painted.
5. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
2. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
3. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
4. Whom did Odysseus visit?
5. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)