|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The effects of beauty on him.
(b) The pride of creating beauty.
(c) The need to be near beauty.
(d) The anger of not being beautiful.
2. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
(c) Palm fronds.
(d) Ink pens.
3. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
4. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
(c) Too many to count.
5. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her nudity.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her gentility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
2. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
3. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
4. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)