|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He never sought for acclaim.
(b) He copied others.
(c) He created what he wanted.
(d) He donated his profits.
2. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
3. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It has seasons.
(b) It gets old.
(c) It symbolizes bad things.
(d) It doesn't belong everywhere.
4. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Visual errors.
(b) Philosophical errors.
(c) Religious error.
(d) Intellectual errors.
5. Where did Scarry find a motif?
(a) In beauty.
(b) In her taste.
(c) In art.
(d) In music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
2. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
3. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
4. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
5. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)