|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He donated his profits.
(b) He never sought for acclaim.
(c) He copied others.
(d) He created what he wanted.
2. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
(a) The desire to reach perfection.
(b) The need for impulses.
(c) The need for beauty.
(d) The desire to attempt creation.
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is life saving.
(b) Beauty can be evil.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty cannot always last.
4. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
(b) It teaches other to be lovely.
(c) It brings out the inner beauty.
(d) It has continual creation.
5. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
(a) Being honest.
(b) Finding beauty.
(c) Defining beauty.
(d) Being happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
2. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
3. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
4. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
5. What was Matisse's occupation?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)