|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Plato say really caused children?
(a) The act of beauty replicating itself.
(b) The desire of men to see themselves.
(c) The banal need for beauty.
(d) The repercussions of pride.
2. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(c) All of these.
3. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He never sought for acclaim.
(b) He donated his profits.
(c) He copied others.
(d) He created what he wanted.
4. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
5. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is corrupted.
(b) When it is used for evil.
(c) When it is mortal.
(d) When it is immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
2. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
3. Whom did Odysseus visit?
4. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
5. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)