|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She saw a rose die.
(b) She had ignored subtle beauties.
(c) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
(d) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
2. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
3. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) He was an inventor.
(b) He painted.
(c) All of these.
(d) He sketched.
4. What is a motif?
(a) A repeated pattern.
(b) A kind of poem.
(c) A theme.
(d) A way of expression.
5. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) Others would never see her beauty.
(b) She would never be beautiful.
(c) She had missed other beauties in life.
(d) She would die and lose her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
2. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
3. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
4. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)