|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The anger of not being beautiful.
(b) The need to be near beauty.
(c) The effects of beauty on him.
(d) The pride of creating beauty.
2. Who wrote about Odysseus?
3. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
4. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To improve society.
(b) To show truth.
(c) To tell the future.
(d) To combat evil.
5. What object did Matisse write about?
(a) Sea shells.
(c) Palm fronds.
(d) Ivy vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
2. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
3. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
4. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
5. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)