|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The pliancy of consciousness.
(b) The strange directional challenges.
(c) The worsening of morals.
(d) The need for religion.
2. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(b) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She agrees.
3. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
4. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her gentility.
(b) Her nudity.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her beauty.
5. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Seeing beauty all around.
(b) Living a full life.
(c) Believing others ideas.
(d) Accepting other cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
2. What is a motif?
3. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
4. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
5. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)