|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book is this?
(a) Self Help.
2. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) All of these.
(b) To make life happier.
(c) To make the world better.
(d) To show she is write.
3. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(b) The arts.
4. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
(a) In particulars.
(b) In landscapes.
(c) In generalities.
(d) In ideas.
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Visual errors.
(b) Philosophical errors.
(c) Religious error.
(d) Intellectual errors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
2. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
3. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
4. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
5. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)