|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(a) Natural settings.
(b) The humanities.
(d) Patriotic ideals.
2. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(a) All of these.
(d) The truth.
3. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
(a) The artist's lifestyle.
(b) The beauty of nature.
(c) The cause of art.
(d) The act of painting.
4. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(d) All of these.
5. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
(a) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object did Matisse write about?
2. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
3. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
5. What fear did Matisse write about?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)