|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Proust's occupation?
2. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A painting.
(b) A vacation.
(c) A book.
(d) A dream.
3. What is a motif?
(a) A way of expression.
(b) A repeated pattern.
(c) A theme.
(d) A kind of poem.
4. Who was Wittgenstein?
(a) A writer.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A king.
(d) A politician.
5. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
2. Where did Scarry find a motif?
3. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
4. What did Plato say really caused children?
5. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)