|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object did Matisse write about?
(a) Sea shells.
(b) Palm fronds.
(d) Ivy vines.
2. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
3. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) The self indulgence of it.
(b) The variety of perspectives.
(c) All the abuse it causes.
(d) Attributes being unevenly noted.
4. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A self portrait.
(c) The grave of his wife.
(d) An image of a girl serving milk.
5. Where did Scarry find a motif?
(a) In art.
(b) In her taste.
(c) In beauty.
(d) In music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
2. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
4. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
5. What was Matisse's occupation?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)