|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The pliancy of consciousness.
(b) The need for religion.
(c) The worsening of morals.
(d) The strange directional challenges.
3. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
4. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It has seasons.
(b) It gets old.
(c) It doesn't belong everywhere.
(d) It symbolizes bad things.
5. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(b) The truth.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
2. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
3. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
4. Whom did Odysseus visit?
5. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)