|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(b) Beauty is new.
(c) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(d) Beauty is life saving.
2. Who wrote about Odysseus?
3. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
4. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
5. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Heart ache.
(b) Things her father said.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) Past experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
3. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
4. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
5. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)