|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(a) The truth.
(d) All of these.
2. What kind of book is this?
(c) Self Help.
3. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(c) The arts.
4. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Scorning them.
(b) Caring about them.
(c) Using them.
(d) Judging them.
5. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who are selfish.
(b) Those who are afraid.
(c) Those who have no beauty.
(d) Those who hoard beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
2. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
3. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
4. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)