|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(b) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(c) She disagrees.
(d) She agrees.
2. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
4. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(b) All of these.
(d) The truth.
5. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
2. Whom did Odysseus visit?
3. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
4. Who wrote about Odysseus?
5. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)