|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
2. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(a) Natural settings.
(c) The humanities.
(d) Patriotic ideals.
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
(a) A moment of revelation.
(b) A moment of decision.
(c) A moment of clarity.
(d) A moment of confusion.
4. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The future.
(b) The brave.
(c) The truth.
(d) The right.
5. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It is destructive.
(b) It is productive.
(c) It goes back and forth.
(d) It causes both harm and damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote about Odysseus?
2. Where did Scarry find a motif?
3. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
4. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)