|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
2. What is the title of the second section of this book?
(a) "Beauty Prompts Praise of Itself."
(b) "Beauty Prompts a Battle Within."
(c) "Beauty Prompts a Copy of Itself."
(d) "Beauty Prompts Some Inner Workings."
3. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
(a) She is confused by them.
(b) She agreed with them.
(c) She is amused by them.
(d) She hates them.
4. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
(a) They are revelatory moments.
(b) They can be pleasant surprises.
(c) They show long hidden truth.
(d) They are worse than beautiful things going ugly.
5. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(a) Patriotic ideals.
(b) The humanities.
(d) Natural settings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Wittgenstein?
2. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
4. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
5. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)