|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
2. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We have to start from the beginning.
(b) We are burdened with physical needs.
(c) We do not remember past lives.
(d) We rely on our sight.
3. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
4. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
(a) The artist's lifestyle.
(b) The act of painting.
(c) The beauty of nature.
(d) The cause of art.
5. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(a) The humanities.
(b) Natural settings.
(d) Patriotic ideals.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
2. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
3. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
4. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
5. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)