|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
2. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Things her father said.
(b) Past experiences.
(c) Heart ache.
(d) Cultural differences.
3. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She disagrees.
(b) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(c) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(d) She agrees.
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
(a) A moment of decision.
(b) A moment of clarity.
(c) A moment of confusion.
(d) A moment of revelation.
5. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to write.
(b) The impulse to beget.
(c) The impulse to improve one's self.
(d) The impulse to find beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object did Matisse write about?
2. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
3. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
4. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
5. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)