|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Proust's occupation?
2. What did Plato say really caused children?
(a) The banal need for beauty.
(b) The act of beauty replicating itself.
(c) The desire of men to see themselves.
(d) The repercussions of pride.
3. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
(b) She had ignored subtle beauties.
(c) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
(d) She saw a rose die.
4. Whom did Odysseus visit?
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
(a) A moment of confusion.
(b) A moment of decision.
(c) A moment of revelation.
(d) A moment of clarity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
2. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
3. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
4. What kind of book is this?
5. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)