|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
2. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Seeing beauty all around.
(b) Accepting other cultures.
(c) Living a full life.
(d) Believing others ideas.
3. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
4. What was Proust's occupation?
5. Where did Scarry find a motif?
(a) In music.
(b) In art.
(c) In her taste.
(d) In beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
2. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
3. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
5. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)