|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
2. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
(a) As an object.
(b) On paper.
(c) In communities.
(d) In the mind.
3. What does an onlooker of beauty often wish?
(a) To create something as beautiful.
(b) To enhance their own lives.
(c) To stay there a little longer.
(d) To trade places with the beautiful being.
4. What started the demotion of beauty?
(a) The change in power distribution.
(b) The fall of Rome.
(c) The introduction of the sublime.
(d) The printing of the Bible.
5. Why do some people claim beauty is not earned?
(a) Some people are born with it.
(b) It is too subjective.
(c) It is too easily obtained.
(d) Some people don't desire it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
2. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
3. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
4. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)