|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
(a) Past complaints.
(b) Political complaints.
(c) Religious complaints.
(d) Jealous complaints.
2. Who wrote about Odysseus?
3. What does beauty unseen improve?
(a) The mystery of the world.
(b) The possibilities of the next generation.
(c) God's love.
(d) Our self interest.
4. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
(a) A song.
(b) A couplet.
(c) A sonnet.
(d) An anthem.
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can never be harmful?
2. What kind of argument was used when Scarry described what beauty could not do?
3. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
4. What implications are investigated in the section on being fair?
5. What is NOT always found with beauty?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)