|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
2. What started the demotion of beauty?
(a) The change in power distribution.
(b) The introduction of the sublime.
(c) The fall of Rome.
(d) The printing of the Bible.
3. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
4. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
(a) It was not how she thought it would be.
(b) It was larger than life.
(c) It was scary.
(d) It was beautiful.
5. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A dream.
(c) A book.
(d) A painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
2. Why do some people claim beauty is not earned?
3. What is the first phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
4. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. Who wanted to banish beauty in the 20th Century?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)