|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
2. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(c) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(d) She disagrees.
3. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
4. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A crow.
(c) An owl.
(d) A mockingbird.
5. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is immortal.
(b) When it is mortal.
(c) When it is used for evil.
(d) When it is corrupted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
2. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
3. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
4. What does Scarry say was removed from beauty with its demotion?
5. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)