|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many phases does Scarry use to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. What is the title of the second section of this book?
(a) "Beauty Prompts a Battle Within."
(b) "Beauty Prompts Praise of Itself."
(c) "Beauty Prompts Some Inner Workings."
(d) "Beauty Prompts a Copy of Itself."
3. What was Proust's occupation?
4. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(d) She disagrees.
5. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Mid-Century writers.
(b) Baroque writers.
(c) Contemporary writers.
(d) Classic philosophers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
2. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
3. What about beauty did those wanting to banish it say was destructive?
4. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
5. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)