|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Things her father said.
(b) Past experiences.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) Heart ache.
3. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
4. What was Proust's occupation?
5. What contemporary writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
2. What is uneven in the world?
3. What was Matisse's occupation?
4. How did Scarry's doubtful friend study her ideas about beauty?
5. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)