|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
(a) A moment of decision.
(b) A moment of revelation.
(c) A moment of confusion.
(d) A moment of clarity.
4. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She disagrees.
(b) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(c) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(d) She agrees.
5. What kind of life does Scarry want to make beautiful?
(a) Exterior life.
(b) Existential life.
(c) Spiritual life.
(d) Interior life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
2. Which of these terms has a dual meaning?
3. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
4. What can never be harmful?
5. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)