|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The need to be near beauty.
(b) The effects of beauty on him.
(c) The pride of creating beauty.
(d) The anger of not being beautiful.
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
3. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(c) All of these.
4. What did Euripides describe in detail?
(b) Assembly halls.
5. In what field was beauty taboo when this book was written?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
2. What did those who wanted to banish beauty think was wrong with it?
3. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
4. What does Scarry say about the demotion of beauty?
5. What do unharmed poems prove?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)