|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What implications are investigated in the section on being fair?
(a) Legal implication.
(b) Religious implications.
(c) None of these.
(d) Moral implications.
2. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(d) All of these.
3. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Robert Frost.
4. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(b) The truth.
(c) All of these.
5. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
(a) Beauty veing recognized.
(b) Men being like women.
(c) Women being like men.
(d) Women speaking out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
3. Which of these terms has a dual meaning?
4. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
5. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)