|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to beauty being trapped in a particular realm?
(a) The negative views about it.
(b) The poems written about it.
(c) People changing its ideas.
(d) Its demotion.
2. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to write.
(b) The impulse to beget.
(c) The impulse to improve one's self.
(d) The impulse to find beauty.
3. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(b) All of these.
(d) The truth.
4. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
(a) The person who chooses not to admire others.
(b) The person who is overlooked.
(c) The person being admired.
(d) The person admiring the beauty.
5. What does the vulnerable person who admires beauty risk?
(a) Becoming attached.
(b) Being rejected.
(c) Having no privacy.
(d) Giving up secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
2. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
3. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
4. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
5. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)