|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does beauty urge people to do in a good way?
2. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She would never be beautiful.
(b) She had missed other beauties in life.
(c) She would die and lose her beauty.
(d) Others would never see her beauty.
3. What started the demotion of beauty?
(a) The change in power distribution.
(b) The fall of Rome.
(c) The printing of the Bible.
(d) The introduction of the sublime.
4. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
(b) It teaches other to be lovely.
(c) It brings out the inner beauty.
(d) It has continual creation.
5. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
(a) It has symmetry.
(b) It leaves room for error.
(c) It is always changing.
(d) It proves her point.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
3. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
4. How many kinds of perception does Scarry talk about in this book?
5. What is the third of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)