|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
(a) Political complaints.
(b) Religious complaints.
(c) Jealous complaints.
(d) Past complaints.
2. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
(a) The desire to reach perfection.
(b) The need for impulses.
(c) The desire to attempt creation.
(d) The need for beauty.
3. How many phases does Scarry use to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
4. What object did Matisse write about?
(a) Palm fronds.
(b) Sea shells.
(d) Ivy vines.
5. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
2. What does Scarry say confirms the life of gardens?
3. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. Beauty was demoted from ______________.
5. What is an important part of Scarry's ideal world?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)