|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. What is an important part of Scarry's ideal world?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The weather.
(c) The sky.
(d) The rain.
3. What did Euripides describe in detail?
(a) Assembly halls.
4. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
5. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
(a) The act of painting.
(b) The cause of art.
(c) The artist's lifestyle.
(d) The beauty of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
2. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
3. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
4. What was Matisse's occupation?
5. Who was Wittgenstein?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)