|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is new.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
3. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(a) The truth.
(d) All of these.
4. Why do some people claim beauty is not earned?
(a) It is too easily obtained.
(b) Some people don't desire it.
(c) It is too subjective.
(d) Some people are born with it.
5. Who says that beauty decenters the viewer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
2. Where did Scarry find a motif?
3. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
4. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
5. Plato said the beauty of one could lead to ____________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)