|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Iris Murdoch's occupation?
(b) Motivational Speaker.
2. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She agrees with her.
(b) She disagrees.
(c) She is confused by them.
(d) She agrees with only parts of them.
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She quotes old philosophers.
(b) She cites studies.
(c) She gives her own experiences.
(d) She interviews other leaders.
4. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Intellectual errors.
(b) Visual errors.
(c) Religious error.
(d) Philosophical errors.
5. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
4. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
5. What comes from perfect justice?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)