|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
2. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
(b) Natural settings.
(c) Patriotic ideals.
(d) The humanities.
3. What kind of life does Scarry want to make beautiful?
(a) Interior life.
(b) Spiritual life.
(c) Existential life.
(d) Exterior life.
4. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
5. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
(b) She saw a rose die.
(c) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
(d) She had ignored subtle beauties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
2. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
4. What do unharmed poems prove?
5. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)