|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
(a) They are unfounded.
(b) They are contradictory.
(c) They are showing their weaknesses.
(d) They are half truths.
2. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
4. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
(a) She sees the merit, but thinks it is too bold.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She thinks it is a cowardly description.
(d) She disagrees.
5. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. Who said that all things aspire to equality?
3. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
4. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
5. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)