|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Scarry's doubtful friend study her ideas about beauty?
(a) He looked at both sides.
(b) He compared it with his own works.
(c) He read it over the space of a year.
(d) He read them forwards and backwards.
2. What is a motif?
(a) A way of expression.
(b) A kind of poem.
(c) A theme.
(d) A repeated pattern.
3. Plato said the beauty of one could lead to ____________.
(a) The replication of beauty.
(b) The love between others.
(c) The care of all.
(d) The creation of more.
4. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Visual errors.
(b) Philosophical errors.
(c) Intellectual errors.
(d) Religious error.
5. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
2. What comes from perfect justice?
3. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
4. What kind of argument was used when Scarry described what beauty could not do?
5. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)