|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
2. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The anger of not being beautiful.
(b) The need to be near beauty.
(c) The effects of beauty on him.
(d) The pride of creating beauty.
3. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Mid-Century writers.
(b) Baroque writers.
(c) Classic philosophers.
(d) Contemporary writers.
4. What is every person seeking?
(c) All of these.
5. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A painting.
(b) A vacation.
(c) A book.
(d) A dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
2. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
3. What symbolizes social justice for Scarry?
4. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
5. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)