|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
2. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
3. What is the third of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty cannot always last.
(b) Beauty can be evil.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty is life saving.
5. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
(c) Family life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote about Odysseus?
2. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
3. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
4. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
5. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)