|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
(a) All of these.
(b) They are hard on the heart.
(c) They confuse the ideas of beauty.
(d) They show use ourselves.
2. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The right.
(b) The truth.
(c) The brave.
(d) The future.
3. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(c) The arts.
4. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
(c) Oscar Wilde.
5. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Plato say really caused children?
2. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
3. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
4. Who wrote about Odysseus?
5. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)