|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) A crow.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) An owl.
(d) An eagle.
2. What did Plato say really caused children?
(a) The repercussions of pride.
(b) The banal need for beauty.
(c) The act of beauty replicating itself.
(d) The desire of men to see themselves.
3. What was Proust's occupation?
4. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Judging them.
(c) Scorning them.
(d) Using them.
5. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
(a) Beauty veing recognized.
(b) Men being like women.
(c) Women speaking out.
(d) Women being like men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
2. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
3. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
4. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
5. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)