|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We do not remember past lives.
(b) We rely on our sight.
(c) We are burdened with physical needs.
(d) We have to start from the beginning.
2. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Accepting other cultures.
(b) Seeing beauty all around.
(c) Living a full life.
(d) Believing others ideas.
3. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
(b) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(c) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
(d) He inspired Da Vinci.
4. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
(a) When it is used for evil.
(b) When it is immortal.
(c) When it is corrupted.
(d) When it is mortal.
5. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
(a) Men being like women.
(b) Beauty veing recognized.
(c) Women speaking out.
(d) Women being like men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Scarry find a motif?
2. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
3. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
4. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
5. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)