|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
2. What kind of book is this?
(a) Self Help.
3. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
(a) Too many to count.
4. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To improve society.
(b) To tell the future.
(c) To combat evil.
(d) To show truth.
5. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
(a) The effects of beauty on him.
(b) The pride of creating beauty.
(c) The anger of not being beautiful.
(d) The need to be near beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
2. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
3. What object did Matisse write about?
4. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
5. What is the title of the second section of this book?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)