|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
(a) He was famous.
(b) He held grudges.
(c) He had children.
(d) He was an artist.
2. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
3. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
4. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We do not remember past lives.
(b) We rely on our sight.
(c) We have to start from the beginning.
(d) We are burdened with physical needs.
5. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
2. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
3. What is a motif?
4. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
5. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)