|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(c) All of these.
2. What does Scarry say brings about equality in society?
(a) Men being like women.
(b) Women speaking out.
(c) Women being like men.
(d) Beauty veing recognized.
3. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
4. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Living a full life.
(b) Accepting other cultures.
(c) Believing others ideas.
(d) Seeing beauty all around.
5. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
2. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
3. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
4. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)