|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
(a) Palm fronds.
(b) Ink pens.
2. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
3. Where did Scarry find a motif?
(a) In beauty.
(b) In art.
(c) In music.
(d) In her taste.
4. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
(a) An anthem.
(b) A couplet.
(c) A song.
(d) A sonnet.
5. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A painting.
(b) A vacation.
(c) A dream.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
2. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
3. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
4. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
5. What is "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" about?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)