|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is new.
2. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Robert Frost.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
3. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) To show she is write.
(b) To make the world better.
(c) To make life happier.
(d) All of these.
4. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) A crow.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) An owl.
(d) An eagle.
5. Who wrote about Odysseus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
2. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
3. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
4. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
5. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)