|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
(a) The desire.
(b) All of these.
(c) The place.
(d) The need.
2. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She cites studies.
(b) She gives her own experiences.
(c) She interviews other leaders.
(d) She quotes old philosophers.
3. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(c) All of these.
4. Where did Scarry find a motif?
(a) In art.
(b) In music.
(c) In her taste.
(d) In beauty.
5. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) All the abuse it causes.
(b) The variety of perspectives.
(c) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(d) The self indulgence of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
2. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
3. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
4. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
5. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)