|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who hoard beauty.
(b) Those who have no beauty.
(c) Those who are afraid.
(d) Those who are selfish.
2. What does Scarry say validates the existence of some things?
(a) Its reputation.
(b) Its affect on other things.
(c) Its beauty.
(d) Its place in history.
3. What object did Matisse write about?
(a) Ivy vines.
(b) Palm fronds.
(c) Sea shells.
4. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
5. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
2. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
3. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
4. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
5. What fear did Matisse write about?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)