|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He inspired Da Vinci.
(b) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
(c) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(d) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
2. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(b) The variety of perspectives.
(c) All the abuse it causes.
(d) The self indulgence of it.
3. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
(a) Being happy.
(b) Being honest.
(c) Defining beauty.
(d) Finding beauty.
4. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(b) The truth.
(c) All of these.
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
(a) A moment of confusion.
(b) A moment of clarity.
(c) A moment of revelation.
(d) A moment of decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
2. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
3. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
4. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
5. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)