|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
(b) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
(c) She saw a rose die.
(d) She had ignored subtle beauties.
3. Who wrote poems about mistakes in beauty?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
4. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The truth.
(b) The right.
(c) The brave.
(d) The future.
5. What form did Scarry study most in Matisse's work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
2. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
3. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
4. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
5. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)