|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A book.
(b) A painting.
(c) A dream.
(d) A vacation.
2. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(b) Beauty is life saving.
(c) Beauty is new.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
3. What kind of book is this?
(b) Self Help.
4. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(d) The arts.
5. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She would never be beautiful.
(b) She would die and lose her beauty.
(c) She had missed other beauties in life.
(d) Others would never see her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
2. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
4. Where did Scarry find a motif?
5. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)