|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It doesn't belong everywhere.
(b) It gets old.
(c) It symbolizes bad things.
(d) It has seasons.
2. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
3. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She cites studies.
(b) She quotes old philosophers.
(c) She gives her own experiences.
(d) She interviews other leaders.
4. What struck Odysseus first about the person he visited?
(a) Her strength.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her nudity.
(d) Her gentility.
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Wittgenstein?
2. What did Plato say really caused children?
3. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
4. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
5. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)