|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
2. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
(a) They are worse than beautiful things going ugly.
(b) They are revelatory moments.
(c) They can be pleasant surprises.
(d) They show long hidden truth.
3. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
(a) The desire.
(b) The need.
(c) The place.
(d) All of these.
4. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
5. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
2. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
3. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
4. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
5. Who wrote about Odysseus?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)