|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) To show she is write.
(b) All of these.
(c) To make life happier.
(d) To make the world better.
2. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
(a) He was famous.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He held grudges.
(d) He had children.
3. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
(a) A moment of revelation.
(b) A moment of clarity.
(c) A moment of decision.
(d) A moment of confusion.
5. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A crow.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) An owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
2. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
3. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
4. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
5. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)