|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A book.
(b) A vacation.
(c) A painting.
(d) A dream.
2. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She disagrees.
(b) She agrees with only parts of them.
(c) She is confused by them.
(d) She agrees with her.
3. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
(a) All of these.
(b) They confuse the ideas of beauty.
(c) They show use ourselves.
(d) They are hard on the heart.
4. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
(a) Hard work.
5. Which one of these is one of the errors in beauty listed in this book?
(a) Attributes being unevenly noted.
(b) The variety of perspectives.
(c) All the abuse it causes.
(d) The self indulgence of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
3. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
4. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
5. Who wrote about Odysseus?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)