|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
(a) Hard work.
2. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Judging them.
(b) Using them.
(c) Caring about them.
(d) Scorning them.
3. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) To make the world better.
(b) All of these.
(c) To show she is write.
(d) To make life happier.
4. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
5. What is a motif?
(a) A theme.
(b) A repeated pattern.
(c) A kind of poem.
(d) A way of expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
2. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
3. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
4. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
5. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)