|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry prove her ideas about beauty?
(a) She interviews other leaders.
(b) She gives her own experiences.
(c) She quotes old philosophers.
(d) She cites studies.
2. Where did Scarry find a motif?
(a) In art.
(b) In music.
(c) In beauty.
(d) In her taste.
3. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
4. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) A mirror.
(b) An image of a girl serving milk.
(c) The grave of his wife.
(d) A self portrait.
5. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
2. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
3. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
5. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)