|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Past experiences.
(b) Heart ache.
(c) Things her father said.
(d) Cultural differences.
2. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
3. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
(a) The need.
(b) All of these.
(c) The place.
(d) The desire.
4. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
(b) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
(c) She had ignored subtle beauties.
(d) She saw a rose die.
5. What did Plato say really caused children?
(a) The desire of men to see themselves.
(b) The banal need for beauty.
(c) The repercussions of pride.
(d) The act of beauty replicating itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
2. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
3. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
4. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
5. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)