|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Classic philosophers.
(b) Mid-Century writers.
(c) Contemporary writers.
(d) Baroque writers.
2. In what field was beauty taboo when this book was written?
(c) All of these.
3. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
(a) He tutored under Da Vinci.
(b) He inspired Da Vinci.
(c) He was a father figure to Da Vinci.
(d) He had an affair with Da Vinci.
4. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
5. How many kinds of perception does Scarry talk about in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do unharmed poems prove?
2. What is every person seeking?
3. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
4. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)