|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
2. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It is productive.
(b) It is destructive.
(c) It goes back and forth.
(d) It causes both harm and damage.
3. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
(b) It has continual creation.
(c) It brings out the inner beauty.
(d) It teaches other to be lovely.
4. Who wanted to banish beauty in the 20th Century?
(d) Ugly people.
5. What is the normal distinction between beauty and deity?
(a) That which motivates us and that which holds us back.
(b) That which feels natural and that which feels foreign.
(c) That which compels us and that which calms us.
(d) That which charms us and that which moves us.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is uneven in the world?
2. What comes from perfect justice?
3. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
4. Who painted "The Morning Session"?
5. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)