|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He copied others.
(b) He created what he wanted.
(c) He donated his profits.
(d) He never sought for acclaim.
2. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
3. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
4. What is the first of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
5. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
(a) The person who is overlooked.
(b) The person admiring the beauty.
(c) The person who chooses not to admire others.
(d) The person being admired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say was removed from beauty with its demotion?
2. How many times was Odyessus saved by beauty?
3. How many kinds of perception does Scarry talk about in this book?
4. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
5. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)