|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Past experiences.
(b) Cultural differences.
(c) Heart ache.
(d) Things her father said.
2. Which of these terms has a dual meaning?
3. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
(a) The truth.
(c) All of these.
4. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Contemporary writers.
(b) Classic philosophers.
(c) Baroque writers.
(d) Mid-Century writers.
5. What contemporary writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
2. What does an onlooker of beauty often wish?
3. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
4. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
5. Who said that all things aspire to equality?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)