|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of life does Scarry want to make beautiful?
(a) Interior life.
(b) Spiritual life.
(c) Existential life.
(d) Exterior life.
2. What contemporary writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What does Scarry say beautiful does NOT always include?
(a) The brave.
(b) The future.
(c) The right.
(d) The truth.
4. What is an important part of Scarry's ideal world?
(a) The rain.
(b) The sky.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The weather.
5. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
2. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
3. What does beauty unseen improve?
4. What did Euripides describe in detail?
5. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)