|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
2. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She would never be beautiful.
(b) Others would never see her beauty.
(c) She would die and lose her beauty.
(d) She had missed other beauties in life.
3. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(a) The arts.
4. What is Scarry's hope for the next generation?
(a) They appreciate beauty.
(b) They reinstate beauty into religion.
(c) They they understand her words.
(d) They find true justice.
5. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
(a) Caring about them.
(b) Using them.
(c) Judging them.
(d) Scorning them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
2. What object did Matisse write about?
3. What concept did Edmund Burke write about?
4. Beauty was demoted from ______________.
5. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)