|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It teaches other to be lovely.
(b) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
(c) It has continual creation.
(d) It brings out the inner beauty.
2. What does Scarry say a bad vase lends value to?
(a) Other works of the maker.
(b) The maker of the vase.
(c) The flowers in the vase.
(d) Good vases.
3. What did Scarry salute?
(a) Philosophers who loved religion.
(b) Continued existence.
(d) Countries centered around beauty.
4. What kind of limitation does Scarry say keeps most people from seeing beauty?
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
(a) A moment of revelation.
(b) A moment of confusion.
(c) A moment of clarity.
(d) A moment of decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
3. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
4. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
5. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)