|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
(a) A sonnet.
(b) A song.
(c) An anthem.
(d) A couplet.
2. What is a motif?
(a) A way of expression.
(b) A kind of poem.
(c) A theme.
(d) A repeated pattern.
3. What does beauty unseen improve?
(a) Our self interest.
(b) God's love.
(c) The possibilities of the next generation.
(d) The mystery of the world.
4. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
5. What about beauty did those wanting to banish it say was destructive?
(a) People's gaze on it.
(b) All of these.
(c) People's striving for it.
(d) People's attention on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an onlooker of beauty often wish?
2. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
3. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
4. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
5. Who was Wittgenstein?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)