|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what field was beauty taboo when this book was written?
(d) All of these.
2. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
(a) Harm from humans.
3. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
(a) Being happy.
(b) Defining beauty.
(c) Finding beauty.
(d) Being honest.
4. What led to beauty being trapped in a particular realm?
(a) The negative views about it.
(b) The poems written about it.
(c) People changing its ideas.
(d) Its demotion.
5. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) Others would never see her beauty.
(b) She would never be beautiful.
(c) She had missed other beauties in life.
(d) She would die and lose her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
2. Who said that all things aspire to equality?
3. When was "The Painter and His Model, Studio Interior" created?
4. Who wrote about Odysseus?
5. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)