|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the searches for beauty than other searches?
(a) People want to share beauty.
(b) People don't ever find beauty.
(c) People are not distracted by beauty.
(d) People cannot build beauty.
2. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
(a) In ideas.
(b) In generalities.
(c) In particulars.
(d) In landscapes.
3. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A dream.
(d) A vacation.
4. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He never sought for acclaim.
(b) He donated his profits.
(c) He created what he wanted.
(d) He copied others.
5. What baroque writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(b) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
2. What does Scarry say about the demotion of beauty?
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
4. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
5. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)