|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
(a) Those who are selfish.
(b) Those who are afraid.
(c) Those who have no beauty.
(d) Those who hoard beauty.
2. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
3. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
(b) Hard work.
4. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(b) All of these.
5. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
(a) It gets old.
(b) It has seasons.
(c) It doesn't belong everywhere.
(d) It symbolizes bad things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
2. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
4. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
5. What kind of book is this?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)