|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object did Matisse write about?
(b) Ivy vines.
(c) Sea shells.
(d) Palm fronds.
2. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
(a) To make the world better.
(b) To show she is write.
(c) All of these.
(d) To make life happier.
3. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
(a) Visual errors.
(b) Philosophical errors.
(c) Intellectual errors.
(d) Religious error.
4. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
(a) The studio.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A stage.
5. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarry's hope for the next generation?
2. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
3. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
4. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
5. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)