|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
(a) One idea havign six faces.
(b) Symmetry with exclusion.
(c) Being well rounded.
(d) Opposing sides making a whole.
2. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
3. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
4. What does Scarry say about the demotion of beauty?
(a) It is plausible.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is incoherent.
(d) It is ineffective.
5. What does Scarry say Beauty's aim should be?
(a) To tell the future.
(b) To combat evil.
(c) To show truth.
(d) To improve society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
2. What concept did Edmund Burke write about?
3. What is every person seeking?
4. Who said that all things aspire to equality?
5. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)