|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who wanted to banish beauty wanted to keep beauty out of ___________.
(a) Academic Conversations.
(b) Main stream media.
(c) Political Campaigns.
(d) Religious Practices.
2. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
3. What does Matisse say should increase beauty in strange things?
(b) Cultural differences.
(c) Happy memories.
(d) Agreeable opinions.
4. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
(a) One idea havign six faces.
(b) Opposing sides making a whole.
(c) Being well rounded.
(d) Symmetry with exclusion.
5. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
(a) The Dream.
(b) The Real.
(c) The Imaginative.
(d) The Literary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Iris Murdoch's occupation?
2. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
3. What part of life did the demotion of beauty affect the most?
4. What comes from perfect justice?
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)