|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to write.
(b) The impulse to beget.
(c) The impulse to find beauty.
(d) The impulse to improve one's self.
2. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
(a) They want to own it.
(b) They want to see if it exists.
(c) They want a purpose.
(d) They want to distract themselves.
3. What is every person seeking?
(a) All of these.
4. What is the title of the second section of this book?
(a) "Beauty Prompts Praise of Itself."
(b) "Beauty Prompts a Battle Within."
(c) "Beauty Prompts Some Inner Workings."
(d) "Beauty Prompts a Copy of Itself."
5. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What baroque writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. What kind of writing from Danto is cited in this book?
3. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
4. What kind of book is this?
5. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)