|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarry say education helps beauty?
(a) It has continual creation.
(b) It stops people from settling for ugliness.
(c) It brings out the inner beauty.
(d) It teaches other to be lovely.
2. What does Scarry say about the demotion of beauty?
(a) It is plausible.
(b) It is ineffective.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is incoherent.
3. Beauty is compacted with ______________.
4. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
(a) The person being admired.
(b) The person who is overlooked.
(c) The person admiring the beauty.
(d) The person who chooses not to admire others.
5. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It is productive.
(b) It is destructive.
(c) It causes both harm and damage.
(d) It goes back and forth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
2. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
3. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
4. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
5. What kind of life does Scarry want to make beautiful?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)