|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kinds of perception does Scarry talk about in this book?
2. What is most vulnerable when beauty is admired?
(a) The person being admired.
(b) The person admiring the beauty.
(c) The person who is overlooked.
(d) The person who chooses not to admire others.
3. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
(a) All of these.
(b) She saw patterns of the tree in other paintings.
(c) She saw the symbolism in all living things.
(d) She saw beauty in other trees.
5. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He never sought for acclaim.
(b) He created what he wanted.
(c) He copied others.
(d) He donated his profits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
2. What replaces the paint brush for part of The Morning Session?
3. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
4. Who wanted to banish beauty in the 20th Century?
5. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)