|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is new.
2. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
3. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Past experiences.
(b) Heart ache.
(c) Things her father said.
(d) Cultural differences.
4. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
(a) The need.
(b) The desire.
(c) All of these.
(d) The place.
5. Who wrote about Odysseus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about the demotion of beauty?
2. How are the complaints lodged against beauty described?
3. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
4. What started the demotion of beauty?
5. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)