|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
2. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
3. What is a motif?
(a) A kind of poem.
(b) A theme.
(c) A repeated pattern.
(d) A way of expression.
4. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We do not remember past lives.
(b) We are burdened with physical needs.
(c) We rely on our sight.
(d) We have to start from the beginning.
5. What is the first phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Classic philosophers.
(b) Baroque writers.
(c) Mid-Century writers.
(d) Contemporary writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the searches for beauty than other searches?
2. Why does the author want to perpetuate beauty?
3. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
4. In what field was beauty taboo when this book was written?
5. What is negative about the widespread definition of beauty?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)