|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) An image of a girl serving milk.
(b) The grave of his wife.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A self portrait.
2. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to find beauty.
(b) The impulse to improve one's self.
(c) The impulse to beget.
(d) The impulse to write.
3. Who says that beauty removes us from our bodies?
4. What kind of book is this?
(d) Self Help.
5. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
2. Scarry says beauty ignites a desire for ____________.
3. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
4. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
5. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)