|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
(d) Harm from humans.
2. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
(a) In particulars.
(b) In generalities.
(c) In landscapes.
(d) In ideas.
3. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
4. What kind of potential does Scarry reaffirm when working in a garden?
(a) National potential.
(b) Global potential.
(c) Personal potential.
(d) Human potential.
5. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
(a) Being happy.
(b) Defining beauty.
(c) Being honest.
(d) Finding beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
2. What can never be harmful?
3. How does Scarry describe her explanations of beauty?
4. What about beauty did those wanting to banish it say was destructive?
5. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)