|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
2. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) He painted.
(b) He was an inventor.
(c) All of these.
(d) He sketched.
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
(a) A moment of decision.
(b) A moment of confusion.
(c) A moment of clarity.
(d) A moment of revelation.
4. What baroque writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(b) None of these.
5. Who introduced the concept that led to the demotion of beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
2. What is a God impervious to according to Scarry?
3. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
4. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
5. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)