|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Odysseus visit?
2. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to beget.
(b) The impulse to write.
(c) The impulse to improve one's self.
(d) The impulse to find beauty.
3. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
(a) The Imaginative.
(b) The Literary.
(c) The Real.
(d) The Dream.
4. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She agrees with her.
(b) She disagrees.
(c) She agrees with only parts of them.
(d) She is confused by them.
5. What did Andreas write about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
2. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
3. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
4. What baroque writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)