|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the normal distinction between beauty and deity?
(a) That which charms us and that which moves us.
(b) That which compels us and that which calms us.
(c) That which feels natural and that which feels foreign.
(d) That which motivates us and that which holds us back.
2. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
(a) Past complaints.
(b) Political complaints.
(c) Jealous complaints.
(d) Religious complaints.
3. What do unharmed poems prove?
(a) Beauty is not harmful.
(b) Beauty is not bad.
(c) Beauty is not mortal.
(d) Beauty is not always the same.
4. What did Scarry salute?
(a) Countries centered around beauty.
(b) Philosophers who loved religion.
(c) Continued existence.
5. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
2. What does Scarry think brings about the most social good?
3. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
4. Those who wanted to banish beauty wanted to keep beauty out of ___________.
5. When was "The Morning Session" painted?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)