|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
(a) In ideas.
(b) In particulars.
(c) In landscapes.
(d) In generalities.
2. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She would die and lose her beauty.
(b) She had missed other beauties in life.
(c) She would never be beautiful.
(d) Others would never see her beauty.
3. What does beauty unseen improve?
(a) Our self interest.
(b) The possibilities of the next generation.
(c) The mystery of the world.
(d) God's love.
4. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
(b) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
(c) She had ignored subtle beauties.
(d) She saw a rose die.
5. How does a bad vase give value to something else?
(a) It allows the maker practice.
(b) It doesn't detract from beauty.
(c) It provides opposition.
(d) It lowers the standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andreas write about?
2. What comes from perfect justice?
3. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
4. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
5. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)