|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these 'nots' is NOT associated with beauty?
(a) Not harmful.
(b) Not male.
(c) Not righteous.
(d) Not night.
2. How does Scarry describe her explanations of beauty?
3. What does Scarry say the general attitude about beauty indicates in society?
(a) The worsening of morals.
(b) The strange directional challenges.
(c) The need for religion.
(d) The pliancy of consciousness.
4. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Classic philosophers.
(b) Mid-Century writers.
(c) Baroque writers.
(d) Contemporary writers.
5. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
2. What term is defined with both beauty and justice?
3. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
4. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
5. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)