|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
2. What is the first phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Contemporary writers.
(b) Baroque writers.
(c) Classic philosophers.
(d) Mid-Century writers.
3. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
4. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
(b) The arts.
5. What is the first kind of perception described by Scarry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
2. What led to Proust's desire to stay somewhere the rest of his life?
3. Who says that beauty decenters the viewer?
4. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
5. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)