|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plato said the beauty of one could lead to ____________.
(a) The creation of more.
(b) The replication of beauty.
(c) The love between others.
(d) The care of all.
2. What implications are investigated in the section on being fair?
(a) Moral implications.
(b) Legal implication.
(c) None of these.
(d) Religious implications.
3. What is Scarry's hope for the next generation?
(a) They they understand her words.
(b) They reinstate beauty into religion.
(c) They find true justice.
(d) They appreciate beauty.
4. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Seeing beauty all around.
(b) Believing others ideas.
(c) Living a full life.
(d) Accepting other cultures.
5. How does Scarry describe her explanations of beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
2. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
3. How did Scarry feel about Proust's idea of where the most beauty could be found?
4. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
5. What is the first of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)