|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what field was beauty taboo when this book was written?
(c) All of these.
2. What comes from perfect justice?
(a) Perfect rendering.
(b) Perfect beauty.
(c) Perfect equality.
(d) Perfect creation.
3. What do unharmed poems prove?
(a) Beauty is not always the same.
(b) Beauty is not harmful.
(c) Beauty is not mortal.
(d) Beauty is not bad.
4. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
5. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
(a) An owl.
(b) A crow.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about the demotion of beauty?
2. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
3. What object did Matisse write about?
4. Why was Voroccio important to Da Vinci?
5. What does the vulnerable person who admires beauty risk?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)