|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(d) All of these.
2. What was Matisse's occupation?
3. Why can't poems be harmed?
(a) They are creations.
(b) They are eternal.
(c) They are full of life.
(d) They are inanimate.
4. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
5. What does Scarry say marked works created imperfectly?
(a) The desire to reach perfection.
(b) The need for beauty.
(c) The need for impulses.
(d) The desire to attempt creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of approach does Scarry say Marxism takes?
2. What does the vulnerable person who admires beauty risk?
3. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
4. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
5. Where did Proust see the most beauty?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)