|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolizes social justice for Scarry?
(a) The stars.
(b) The sky.
(c) The moon.
(d) The earth.
2. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
3. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She would never be beautiful.
(b) She would die and lose her beauty.
(c) She had missed other beauties in life.
(d) Others would never see her beauty.
4. What baroque writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(b) None of these.
5. Who was Wittgenstein?
(a) A king.
(b) A writer.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarry's hope for the next generation?
2. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
3. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
4. How did Scarry feel about Plato's ideas about beauty?
5. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)