|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarry say is the first form of art replication?
2. What did Proust want to stay in front of forever?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A self portrait.
(c) An image of a girl serving milk.
(d) The grave of his wife.
3. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
4. How many phases does Scarry use to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
5. How many kinds of perception does Scarry talk about in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. To what kind of craving does Scarry compare beauty?
3. What did Scarry say many philosophers had a hard time doing?
4. What did Euripides describe in detail?
5. What is the first phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)