|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people seek out beauty?
(a) They want to see if it exists.
(b) They want to become beautiful.
(c) They want to add it to the world.
(d) They want to lighten their load.
2. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
3. What did Plato say really caused children?
(a) The act of beauty replicating itself.
(b) The repercussions of pride.
(c) The desire of men to see themselves.
(d) The banal need for beauty.
4. What does beauty unseen improve?
(a) The mystery of the world.
(b) Our self interest.
(c) The possibilities of the next generation.
(d) God's love.
5. What is different about the searches for beauty than other searches?
(a) People don't ever find beauty.
(b) People cannot build beauty.
(c) People want to share beauty.
(d) People are not distracted by beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Proust's occupation?
2. What is the first phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
4. What specific plat type does Scarry refer to when talking about gardens?
5. What kind of approach does Scarry say feminism takes?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)