|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Classic philosophers.
(b) Baroque writers.
(c) Mid-Century writers.
(d) Contemporary writers.
2. What led to beauty being trapped in a particular realm?
(a) The negative views about it.
(b) Its demotion.
(c) People changing its ideas.
(d) The poems written about it.
3. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
(a) In memories.
(b) In religion.
(c) In humans.
(d) In nature.
4. What complaints against beauty bother Scarry the most?
(a) Religious complaints.
(b) Political complaints.
(c) Jealous complaints.
(d) Past complaints.
5. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He had children.
(c) He was famous.
(d) He held grudges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people seek out beauty?
2. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
4. What kind of argument was used when Scarry described what beauty could not do?
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)