|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the searches for beauty than other searches?
(a) People cannot build beauty.
(b) People don't ever find beauty.
(c) People are not distracted by beauty.
(d) People want to share beauty.
2. What kind of potential does Scarry reaffirm when working in a garden?
(a) Global potential.
(b) Human potential.
(c) Personal potential.
(d) National potential.
3. What kind of tree did Matisse love?
4. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
5. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Mid-Century writers.
(b) Baroque writers.
(c) Contemporary writers.
(d) Classic philosophers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mid-century writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
2. What does Scarry like about the term with the dual meaning?
3. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
4. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
5. Why do people seek out beauty?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)