|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear did Matisse write about?
(a) She would never be beautiful.
(b) She had missed other beauties in life.
(c) She would die and lose her beauty.
(d) Others would never see her beauty.
2. What did Andreas write about?
3. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
4. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
(a) One idea havign six faces.
(b) Being well rounded.
(c) Opposing sides making a whole.
(d) Symmetry with exclusion.
5. Plato said the beauty of one could lead to ____________.
(a) The creation of more.
(b) The love between others.
(c) The replication of beauty.
(d) The care of all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarry's third conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
2. What is the only place where beauty can possibly be bad?
3. What is the first of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
4. What can never be harmful?
5. Those who wanted to banish beauty wanted to keep beauty out of ___________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)