|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
(a) He never sought for acclaim.
(b) He donated his profits.
(c) He copied others.
(d) He created what he wanted.
2. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1990's.
(b) The 1960's.
(c) The 1970's.
(d) The 1980's.
3. What is the normal distinction between beauty and deity?
(a) That which compels us and that which calms us.
(b) That which feels natural and that which feels foreign.
(c) That which charms us and that which moves us.
(d) That which motivates us and that which holds us back.
4. How did Da Vinci create beauty?
(a) He was an inventor.
(b) All of these.
(c) He painted.
(d) He sketched.
5. Who wanted to banish beauty in the 20th Century?
(d) Ugly people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
2. Why does Scarry say a certain tree loses its beauty?
3. What led to beauty being trapped in a particular realm?
4. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
5. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)