|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Things her father said.
(b) Heart ache.
(c) Past experiences.
(d) Cultural differences.
2. What did those who wanted to banish beauty think was wrong with it?
(a) It was unfairly distributed.
(b) It was useless.
(c) It was distracting.
(d) It was destructive.
3. Those who wanted to banish beauty wanted to keep beauty out of ___________.
(a) Academic Conversations.
(b) Religious Practices.
(c) Main stream media.
(d) Political Campaigns.
4. What does Scarry use a cube to prove?
(a) One idea havign six faces.
(b) Symmetry with exclusion.
(c) Being well rounded.
(d) Opposing sides making a whole.
5. What baroque writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't poems be harmed?
2. Who disavows the virtues of beauty?
3. What does beauty give us access to do?
4. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
5. What is the third phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)