|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed in Scarry's vision when she found beauty in a certain tree?
(a) She saw beauty in other trees.
(b) She saw patterns of the tree in other paintings.
(c) All of these.
(d) She saw the symbolism in all living things.
2. What comes from perfect justice?
(a) Perfect beauty.
(b) Perfect rendering.
(c) Perfect equality.
(d) Perfect creation.
3. How does Scarry feel about Matisse's ideas?
(a) She agrees with her.
(b) She is confused by them.
(c) She agrees with only parts of them.
(d) She disagrees.
4. What does Scarry say about the notions of those who wanted to banish beauty?
(a) They are contradictory.
(b) They are half truths.
(c) They are unfounded.
(d) They are showing their weaknesses.
5. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did the contemporary writer tell about?
2. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
3. Where was beauty largely noticed in the 1990's?
4. What bird did Scarry see in a tree that shocked her?
5. What does Scarry say about things that were once ugly and then appear beautiful?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)