|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
(a) Beauty is new.
(b) Beauty is sacred if it is immortal.
(c) Beauty is life saving.
(d) Beauty is sacred if it is mortal.
2. Why do some people claim beauty is not earned?
(a) Some people don't desire it.
(b) It is too easily obtained.
(c) It is too subjective.
(d) Some people are born with it.
3. How does the poet who wrote about mistakes in beauty describe these mistakes?
4. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
(a) On paper.
(b) In communities.
(c) As an object.
(d) In the mind.
5. What kind of tree did Matisse always hate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of the friend of Scarry's who doubted her ideas?
2. What does Scarry say has an immortal reach?
3. What is Scarry's second conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
4. Why does Scarry say most people seek for things?
5. What concept did Edmund Burke write about?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)