|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matisse blame for her preference in trees?
(a) Past experiences.
(b) Cultural differences.
(c) Things her father said.
(d) Heart ache.
2. What was Iris Murdoch's occupation?
(b) Motivational Speaker.
3. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
4. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) The studio.
(d) A stage.
5. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
(a) It was scary.
(b) It was larger than life.
(c) It was beautiful.
(d) It was not how she thought it would be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry try to include in her writing?
2. Who wrote about Odysseus?
3. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
4. What kind of moment does Scarry say precedes most errors?
5. What does Scarry say the metaphysical aspect of beauty validates?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)