|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many conclusions did Scarry have about Odysseus's visit?
2. Whom did Danto write to in his excerpt in this book?
3. What does Scarry say is our major limitation in seeing beauty?
(a) We do not remember past lives.
(b) We are burdened with physical needs.
(c) We rely on our sight.
(d) We have to start from the beginning.
4. What does Scarry say is the general attitude toward beauty?
(a) It causes both harm and damage.
(b) It is destructive.
(c) It goes back and forth.
(d) It is productive.
5. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
(a) A moment of decision.
(b) A moment of confusion.
(c) A moment of revelation.
(d) A moment of clarity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Iris Murdoch's occupation?
2. What symbolizes social justice for Scarry?
3. What can never be harmful?
4. When does Scarry say beauty is not sacred?
5. What mid-century writer did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)