|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is every person seeking?
(b) All of these.
2. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
3. Why did Matisse have the fear she did?
(a) She heard someone praise a shell she thought was ugly.
(b) She saw a rose die.
(c) She had ignored subtle beauties.
(d) She watched ivy vines slowly kill a tree.
4. Which of these is one of the mental actions Scarry says beauty inspires?
5. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1990's.
(b) The 1970's.
(c) The 1960's.
(d) The 1980's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarry say we should stop doing to objects?
2. What does Scarry think beauty brings?
3. What is a motif?
4. What is the normal distinction between beauty and deity?
5. What kind of error does Scarry say is not an error of beauty?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)