|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarry think Matisse will reach more people than her?
(a) He was famous.
(b) He had children.
(c) He was an artist.
(d) He held grudges.
2. How many phases does Scarry use to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What does beauty unseen improve?
(a) Our self interest.
(b) The mystery of the world.
(c) The possibilities of the next generation.
(d) God's love.
4. Who says that beauty decenters the viewer?
5. What kind of pressure does beauty cause?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Scarry's doubtful friend study her ideas about beauty?
2. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
3. What does beauty give us access to do?
4. Who said that all things aspire to equality?
5. What does Scarry say about things that once were beautiful but change?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)