|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impulse does Scarry say beauty creates?
(a) The impulse to find beauty.
(b) The impulse to write.
(c) The impulse to improve one's self.
(d) The impulse to beget.
2. Where does Scarry say the desire for social good manifests itself?
(a) As an object.
(b) In communities.
(c) On paper.
(d) In the mind.
3. What shocked Scarry about the bird in the tree?
(a) It was beautiful.
(b) It was larger than life.
(c) It was not how she thought it would be.
(d) It was scary.
4. What does Scarry say was removed from beauty with its demotion?
(a) Its metaphysical qualities.
(b) Its educational qualities.
(c) Its good effects.
(d) Its widespread diversity.
5. When did beauty in post colonialism make a huge entrance in studies?
(a) The 1990's.
(b) The 1980's.
(c) The 1970's.
(d) The 1960's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What implications are investigated in the section on being fair?
2. Scarry says most beauty is what kind of event?
3. What kind of moment does Scarry say follows most errors?
4. How does Wittgenstein say Leonardo Da Vinci created pure beauty?
5. What is Scarry's first conclusion about Odysseus's visit?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)