|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of argument was used when Scarry described what beauty could not do?
(a) Positive argument.
(b) Persuasive argument.
(c) Elemental argument.
(d) Negative argument.
2. How does Scarry describe her explanations of beauty?
3. Where does Scarry look for beauty?
(d) All of these.
4. What is the second phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
(a) Contemporary writers.
(b) Baroque writers.
(c) Mid-Century writers.
(d) Classic philosophers.
5. Where did Scarry first see beauty in a certain tree?
(a) A dream.
(b) A painting.
(c) A book.
(d) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of the four examples used to disprove those who want to banish beauty?
2. What country did the contemporary writer tell about?
3. What kind of potential does Scarry reaffirm when working in a garden?
4. Where did Matisse do most of his work?
5. What does Scarry say a bad vase lends value to?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)