|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Beauty and Being Fair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matisse say her preference in trees kept her from doing?
(a) Living a full life.
(b) Believing others ideas.
(c) Seeing beauty all around.
(d) Accepting other cultures.
2. What did Wittgenstein say marked true beauty?
3. Why do some people claim beauty is not earned?
(a) It is too easily obtained.
(b) It is too subjective.
(c) Some people don't desire it.
(d) Some people are born with it.
4. How does Scarry say she feels when she stops craving beauty?
5. Which of these writers is NOT cited in the first half of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What realm does beauty live in now according to Scarry?
2. What classic philosopher did Scarry quote to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
3. What is the third phase used to illustrate the link between beauty and justice?
4. What was Proust's occupation?
5. Scarry says there is no end to ______________for beauty.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)