|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zane go to meet at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does Mortis protect Zane from in this chapter?
3. How does Zane get across the lake in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Satan accuse of not paying attention?
5. How does Zane decide he will work in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zane find out that Satan has scheduled Luna's death?
2. How does the woman with the dancing shoes die in Chapter 8?
3. Why do the Hot Smoke Dragons only eat virgins?
4. What does Chronos tell Zane about Luna in Chapter 9?
5. How does Zane save himself from suffocation?
6. How does Zane deal with the brutish chef?
7. What agreement does Zane make with Satan in Chapter 11?
8. What does Nature tell Zane about the people he encountered on the way to her house?
9. What is the story Zane tells about Wilda?
10. What do Zane and Luna do at the carnival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anthony gives some of his main characters religious and mythological names. Pick one of the following religious and examine what meaning their name gives to their character and the story in general.
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)