|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Satan planning to take over?
2. Where does Molly take Luna and Zane?
3. Why is Molly looking forward to visiting hell?
4. What kind of spell does a beggar cast on Zane?
5. Where does Zane have his next appointment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the story about Wilda say about empathy?
2. How does Nature appease the dragons?
3. How does Zane fly over the swamp?
4. What is the story Zane tells about Wilda?
5. What does Satan tell Zane when he appears on Zane's TV?
6. How does Zane find out that Satan has scheduled Luna's death?
7. How do the Irish litterers suffer in hell?
8. What do Zane and Luna do at the carnival?
9. What agreement does Zane make with Satan in Chapter 11?
10. Why do the Hot Smoke Dragons only eat virgins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote ON A PALE HORSE in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does Anthony represent black magic in the novel? How accurate is Anthony's representation of black magic? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)