|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of spell does a beggar cast on Zane?
2. Where does Zane go at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What kind of drawing does Molly show Zane and Luna at the carnival?
4. Who does Zane hire as his guide?
5. What does Luna use as a shield in her fight against the dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zane find out that Satan has scheduled Luna's death?
2. What does Satan offer Zane in Chapter 11?
3. How does Zane save himself from suffocation?
4. What is the story Zane tells about Wilda?
5. How does Zane deal with the brutish chef?
6. What agreement does Zane make with Satan in Chapter 11?
7. What do Molly, Zane and Luna discuss about sin in Chapter 7?
8. What does Chronos tell Zane about Luna in Chapter 9?
9. What is Satan and God's opinion on World War Three?
10. How does Zane fly over the swamp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Anthony represent black magic in the novel? How accurate is Anthony's representation of black magic? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)