|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zane evicted from his apartment?
2. Where does Zane hear the voice at the end of the chapter?
3. Where does Mortis take Zane at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. Why does the computer say a soul is inherently both good and evil?
5. Why does the woman at the cottage say she wants to kill herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zane get together a performance for the old man?
2. What does Zane find out about time in this chapter?
3. What does Luna say is the difference between white and black magic?
4. What problems does Zane have by the end of the first chapter?
5. What does Luna confess to Zane in Chapter 5?
6. How does Zane kill Death?
7. What role did the magician have in Zane becoming Death?
8. How does Mars defend war?
9. Where does Zane have to go for his first appointment in Chapter 4?
10. In what way does Zane show himself as impulsive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Anthony's idea of Hell differ from other representations of Hell? How does Anthony use the Hell setting to make a point about 1980s society?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What religious and mythological figures does Anthony represent in the novel? How true does Anthony representation stay to the original myth?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)