|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Zane go if he makes a bad job of being Death?
(d) Back to Earth.
2. Where is the cottage located?
(a) A hillside.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A valley.
(d) A clifftop.
3. What does a man try to take from Molly?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her shield.
(c) Her bread basket.
(d) Her wheelbarrow.
4. What does Mars say war brings glory to?
5. Why does the woman at the cottage say she wants to kill herself?
(a) Her husband has left her.
(b) Her father abused her.
(c) She has lost her job.
(d) Her son has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of Death's jewelry can translate languages?
2. What does Zane tell the woman she should live to do?
3. What illness is Tad dying from?
4. Where has Zane's mail been sent from?
5. Who does Luna say she sold herself to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zane kill Death?
2. In what way is Zane's television in his new house different to normal televisions?
3. Why is Zane pleased to see the social services outside the nursing home?
4. Why will the computer send the baby to Purgatory?
5. What realization does Zane come to by the end of the chapter?
6. What deal does Zane make with the shopkeeper?
7. In what way does Zane show himself as impulsive?
8. What mistakes does Zane realize he is making in Chapter 3?
9. What problems does Zane have by the end of the first chapter?
10. Why does the Old Man remind Zane of his mother?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)