|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the demon teach Luna?
(a) White magic.
(b) Black magic.
2. What kind of animal can Death's car turn into?
(a) A bull.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A unicorn.
3. What does the magician give Zane that will help Luna fall in love with him?
(a) A mask.
(b) A pill.
(c) A shield.
(d) A stone.
4. What does the nurse believe the boy suffers from?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Genetic depression.
5. What will death's shoes allow Zane to walk on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of his family did Zane help to kill?
2. What city has the ghost been summoned to?
3. What does the young girl use to kill both herself and an enemy soldier?
4. Whose ghost does Zane see in Chapter 1?
5. Who has the magician transferred his sins to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Zane pleased to see the social services outside the nursing home?
2. Why will the computer send the baby to Purgatory?
3. In what way does the theme of death hang over the first chapter?
4. What does the Nurse explain about the boy?
5. Why can even babies have souls balanced towards evil?
6. Why does Zane kill everyone at the hospital?
7. In what way does Zane show he could be perfect in his role as Death?
8. What problems does Zane have by the end of the first chapter?
9. In what way does Zane's first encounter with Death show the positive sides of his job?
10. How does Zane get together a performance for the old man?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)