|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose office does the woman say Zane must take over?
2. Where does Zane hear the voice at the end of the chapter?
(b) In the train.
(d) In the car.
3. What does Mars say war brings glory to?
4. What does Zane find he can delay for ten minutes?
5. What did the demon teach Luna?
(a) White magic.
(b) Black magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of competition is Zane's next client watching?
2. Who is the billboard war between?
3. Why does the woman at the cottage say she wants to kill herself?
4. Who walks into Zane's apartment as he is killing himself?
5. What is Mars the personification of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Zane have to go for his first appointment in Chapter 4?
2. Why does the Old Man remind Zane of his mother?
3. What role did the magician have in Zane becoming Death?
4. What does Zane find out about time in this chapter?
5. Why is Zane pleased to see the social services outside the nursing home?
6. How does Zane help the drowning man in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Zane end up regretting his deal with the shopkeeper?
8. What deal does Zane make with the shopkeeper?
9. In what way does the theme of death hang over the first chapter?
10. In what way does Zane's first encounter with Death show the positive sides of his job?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)