|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
2. Where do Dennis and Vince ask Martha to come along with them?
3. What does the person in #118 say to Martha?
4. In what state does Martha's family live?
5. Why is Martha especially sad to leave Godbee this time?
Essay Topic 1
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
What is the greatest lesson Martha learns from Godbee? Is it true that a person is more inclined to listen to a person who he/she cares about? What will Martha always recall about her experiences during this summer at Godbee's house?
Essay Topic 3
Kevin Henkes is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)