|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Jimmy ask Martha in Chapter 39?
2. What does Godbee say about the colored water in the jars?
3. How does Martha feel on her last day at Godbee's house?
4. What question does Jimmy ask Martha when they are in the stables?
5. What does Martha find in the trash at the house where Olive used to live?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of growing up. Identify at least two instances about growing up in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply OLIVE'S OCEAN. What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Godbee. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)