|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha yell when she returns to her house?
2. Who does Martha think of after learning that Jimmy videotaped their kiss?
3. Where do Dennis and Vince ask Martha to come along with them?
4. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
5. What happens to Martha as she waits for Jimmy and a girl to pass by on the beach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Dennis. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
OLIVE'S OCEAN is a classic example of a coming-of-age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of growing up. Identify at least two instances about growing up in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)