|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha feel on her last day at Godbee's house?
2. What does the P.S. on the note inside the bag in #170 say?
3. Who lives in the house where Olive used to live?
4. What question does Jimmy ask Martha in Chapter 39?
5. What does the person in #118 say to Martha?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Godbee. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Lucy. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Lucy's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is Godbee's greatest gift to her grandchildren? Why is Godbee especially close to Martha? How will Martha manage after the inevitable event of Godbee's death? Has Godbee tried to prepare her? Explain.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)