|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Godbee placed the filled baby food jars on the window sills?
2. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
3. Who meets Martha and Jimmy to walk Martha home?
4. What is notable about the blocks in #163?
5. Who does Alice ask to dinner in Chapter 36?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Kevin Henkes' use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Godbee. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)