|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha recalls Olive as being ___________________.
2. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
3. Marthat can't figure out what she did that made Olive say she was ________________.
4. What was Olive's final wish in her diary?
5. What project is Jimmy Manning working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name and topic of Jimmy's video?
2. What is the next secret Martha reveals to Godbee regarding what she wants to be one day?
3. Who is Godbee?
4. What does Martha reveal to Godbee about her family and why does she regret saying it?
5. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
6. What things did Olive and Martha seem to have in common?
7. Who is Vince?
8. Which one of the Manning boys likes Martha?
9. What does Martha recall about Olive's death?
10. What secret does Godbee share with Martha as part of their first daily information sharing ritual?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Lucy. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Lucy's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What is Godbee's greatest gift to her grandchildren? Why is Godbee especially close to Martha? How will Martha manage after the inevitable event of Godbee's death? Has Godbee tried to prepare her? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in OLIVE'S OCEAN. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)