|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Martha to dinner in Chapter 28?
2. What does Godbee suggest that Martha spend some time doing?
3. Who is Dennis?
4. What does Martha tell Goodbee about her family?
5. Goodbee tells Martha that she had once written a short story about a girl who moved far from the ocean and took ____________________ with her.
Short Essay Questions
1. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
2. What things did Olive and Martha seem to have in common?
3. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
4. How does Martha decide to act after learning that Jimmy filmed their kiss?
5. What impact does Martha's slip in the water have on her?
6. What is The Benton Place?
7. Why does Martha oppose the assignment made by her teacher about embarrassing moments?
8. Why is Martha so upset about the bet that Jimmy made with the other boys?
9. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
10. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Dennis. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Martha. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
Kevin Henkes is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,624 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)