|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jimmy kiss Martha?
(a) He doesn't kiss her.
(b) She asks him to.
(c) He made a bet.
(d) He thinks she is cute.
2. What does Lucy notice about Martha when Martha returns to free her from the sand?
(a) Her cheek is bleeding.
(b) She has lost an earring.
(c) Her hair is soaking wet.
(d) She has been crying.
3. Why does Martha decide to give up on the story about Olive?
(a) It is pretty boring.
(b) It isn't very good.
(c) It is taking too long to complete.
(d) It is too hard to do.
4. What does Vince say about Jimmy during dinner?
(a) He isn't a nice person.
(b) He broke his leg today.
(c) He is going to boarding school.
(d) He is his best friend.
5. How does Martha feel about the video kiss that Jimmy taped?
(a) She thinks it is romantic.
(b) She dreads it.
(c) She blows it off.
(d) She thinks it is funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Godbee doing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
2. What does Martha say about Olive as Jimmy records her statements?
3. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
4. Why does Alice tell Martha that Martha will make a good mother one day?
5. What frightens Martha at the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact does Martha's slip in the water have on her?
2. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
3. Why are Jimmy and Martha mad at a comment someone makes when they are holding hands?
4. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
5. What topic does Martha speak about as Jimmy films her?
6. Why is Martha especially sad at the thought of having to leave Godbee?
7. Why is Martha so upset about the bet that Jimmy made with the other boys?
8. What does Martha do when she sees Jimmy holding hands with a girl and walking towards her on the beach?
9. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
10. Why does Martha decide to visit Godbee again at Christmas time?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)