|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmy suggest that he and Martha go as they walk on the beach?
(a) The Benton Place.
(b) Under the pier.
(c) Lovers Lane.
(d) The Seahorse Restaurant.
2. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
(a) Anybody can die at any time.
(b) Olive had borrowed a couple of her books.
(c) She should have been nicer to Olive.
(d) She still owed Olive some money for a ticket.
3. Martha has a dream in which she is surrounded by huge blocks of _________________.
4. What does Martha yell when she returns to her house?
(a) I'm home.
(b) I'm hungry.
(c) Sorry I'm late.
(d) Anybody home.
5. How does Martha attempt to hide her embarrassment of the filmed kiss?
(a) She wears big sunglasses all the time.
(b) She just reads a book in the apple tree.
(c) She acts extra cheerful.
(d) She stays in her room all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Martha not keep the kiss a secret?
2. What does Godbee tell Martha she does when she is feeling sad?
3. What does Martha turn to when she abandons writing the book about Olive?
4. Why does Martha decide to give up on the story about Olive?
5. What color is the bedroom Martha uses when visiting Godbee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fact startles Martha when she speaks about Olive as Jimmy films her?
2. Why are Jimmy and Martha mad at a comment someone makes when they are holding hands?
3. Why is Martha so upset about the bet that Jimmy made with the other boys?
4. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
5. How does Martha keep Lucy occupied while she carries out the first part of her plan?
6. What do Jimmy and Martha do when they spend the day together at the beach?
7. How does Martha feel as she holds Jimmy's hand and they walk down the beach?
8. What is The Benton Place?
9. How does Martha decide to act after learning that Jimmy filmed their kiss?
10. What is the first part of Martha's plan to be carried out at the beach?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)