|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha finds Godbee in the kitchen in the middle of the night and thinks she looks like _____________________.
(a) a ghost.
(b) a fairy.
(c) a burglar.
(d) an angel.
2. What place does the family visit two days before leaving Godbee's house?
(a) Sea World.
(b) The Seahorse.
(c) Americana Theme Park.
(d) The Knob.
3. Where does Jimmy kiss Martha?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the stables.
(c) On the patio.
(d) In the Benton house.
4. What has stained Godbee's hands?
(a) Food coloring.
(c) Furniture polish.
5. What does Vince say about Jimmy during dinner?
(a) He broke his leg today.
(b) He is his best friend.
(c) He isn't a nice person.
(d) He is going to boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Martha going to do with the jar of ocean water she collects?
2. What is Martha's favorite restaurant when they visit Godbee?
3. How does Martha attempt to hide her embarrassment of the filmed kiss?
4. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her book about Olive in Chapter 34?
5. How does Martha feel about the video kiss that Jimmy taped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Benton Place?
2. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
3. What fact startles Martha when she speaks about Olive as Jimmy films her?
4. Why does Martha decide to visit Godbee again at Christmas time?
5. What comment does Alice make to Martha that pleases her after Martha brings Lucy home from the beach?
6. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
7. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
8. What does Olive's journal statement about wanting to go to "a real ocean" foreshadow?
9. How does Martha keep Lucy occupied while she carries out the first part of her plan?
10. How does Martha feel as she holds Jimmy's hand and they walk down the beach?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)