|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godbee tell Martha she does when she is feeling sad?
(a) She listens to music.
(b) She drives down the coast.
(c) She reads the Bible.
(d) She thinks of someone in a worse situation.
2. What color is the bedroom Martha uses when visiting Godbee?
3. Why is Martha especially sad to leave Godbee this time?
(a) She is afraid Godbee will die.
(b) She knows she won't be back next Summer.
(c) She sees Godbee crying.
(d) She didn't get to spend enough time with her.
4. What frightens Martha at the beach?
(a) She almost drowns.
(b) She is stung by a jellyfish.
(c) She cuts her foot on a seashell.
(d) She can't find Lucy.
5. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her book about Olive in Chapter 34?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #118 say to Martha?
2. What has stained Godbee's hands?
3. Where does Jimmy kiss Martha?
4. What does Martha write on the sidewalk in front of Olive's old house, using a paintbrush and the ocean water?
5. Where do Dennis and Vince ask Martha to come along with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha feel as she holds Jimmy's hand and they walk down the beach?
2. How does Martha keep Lucy occupied while she carries out the first part of her plan?
3. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
4. What is The Benton Place?
5. Why does Godbee fill baby food jars with colored water?
6. What does Martha do when she sees Jimmy holding hands with a girl and walking towards her on the beach?
7. What does Dennis tell Martha about carrying her when she was tired as a little girl and why is Martha wistful for those times?
8. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
9. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
10. Why does Jimmy ask Martha if she has ever been kissed? What are the circumstances in which Jimmy kisses Martha?
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)