|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Martha and Godbee agree to not do anymore?
(a) Share something about themselves every day.
(b) Walk barefoot on hot pavement.
(c) Go skinny dipping in the ocean.
(d) Eat too much ice cream.
2. How does Martha feel about Vince's comment about Jimmy in #117?
(a) It makes her laugh.
(b) It makes her happy.
(c) It embarrasses her.
(d) It infuriates her.
3. What game does Vince want to play with Martha and Godbee in Chapter 47?
(b) Trivial Pursuit.
4. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
(a) She still owed Olive some money for a ticket.
(b) Anybody can die at any time.
(c) Olive had borrowed a couple of her books.
(d) She should have been nicer to Olive.
5. Which of the jars of colored water does Lucy like best?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Godbee wearing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
2. How does Martha feel about the video kiss that Jimmy taped?
3. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her book about Olive in Chapter 34?
4. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
5. Martha has a dream in which she is surrounded by huge blocks of _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Martha decide to visit Godbee again at Christmas time?
2. Why does Jimmy ask Martha if she has ever been kissed? What are the circumstances in which Jimmy kisses Martha?
3. What is The Benton Place?
4. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
5. How does Martha feel as she holds Jimmy's hand and they walk down the beach?
6. What is the symbolism of Martha's painting Olive's name in ocean water on the hot sidewalk?
7. What does Olive's journal statement about wanting to go to "a real ocean" foreshadow?
8. What is the first part of Martha's plan to be carried out at the beach?
9. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
10. What fact startles Martha when she speaks about Olive as Jimmy films her?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)