|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tate finally get to Godbee's house?
(a) After Marthat and her family are gone.
(b) At breakfast time.
(c) As Martha is packing her things.
(d) As Martha and her family are leaving.
2. Where did Godbee get the idea to fill the baby food jars?
(a) In a movie.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In a book.
(d) In a TV program.
3. Martha finds Godbee in the kitchen in the middle of the night and thinks she looks like _____________________.
(a) a ghost.
(b) an angel.
(c) a fairy.
(d) a burglar.
4. What question does Jimmy ask Martha when they are in the stables?
(a) How her eyes got so blue.
(b) If she wants to help him edit his video.
(c) If she has ever kissed a boy.
(d) What she believes happens after death.
5. What question does Jimmy ask Martha in Chapter 39?
(a) If she will go to the bonfire with him.
(b) If she has ever been kissed.
(c) If she will shoot some video of him surfing.
(d) If she will carry his camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha decide to handle the situation of the video kiss?
2. What does Martha do to Lucy at the beach?
3. How old is Jimmy?
4. Who is waiting on Godbee's porch when the family returns from dinner?
5. What does Godbee tell Martha about good-byes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lucy so upset after she is freed from the mound of sand?
2. What does Martha do when she sees Jimmy holding hands with a girl and walking towards her on the beach?
3. What do Jimmy and Martha do when they spend the day together at the beach?
4. What fact startles Martha when she speaks about Olive as Jimmy films her?
5. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
6. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
7. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her story about Olive and what is the event she describes?
8. Why does Martha decide to visit Godbee again at Christmas time?
9. Why is Martha especially sad at the thought of having to leave Godbee?
10. Why is Martha so upset about the bet that Jimmy made with the other boys?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)