|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godbee tell Martha about good-byes?
(a) They are like dying.
(b) They are necessary.
(c) They are always difficult.
(d) They are annoying.
2. How does Martha feel about Vince's comment about Jimmy in #117?
(a) It infuriates her.
(b) It embarrasses her.
(c) It makes her laugh.
(d) It makes her happy.
3. Where did Godbee get the idea to fill the baby food jars?
(a) In a dream.
(b) In a book.
(c) In a TV program.
(d) In a movie.
4. What happens to Martha as she waits for Jimmy and a girl to pass by on the beach?
(a) Her swim suit top falls off.
(b) A seagull lands on her head.
(c) She slips in the water.
(d) She trips and falls in the sand.
5. Who has written the note to Martha?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Martha think of after learning that Jimmy videotaped their kiss?
2. Why is Martha especially sad to leave Godbee this time?
3. What does Martha do to Lucy at the beach?
4. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
5. What color is the bedroom Martha uses when visiting Godbee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Godbee fill baby food jars with colored water?
2. What does Olive's journal statement about wanting to go to "a real ocean" foreshadow?
3. How does Martha keep Lucy occupied while she carries out the first part of her plan?
4. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
5. How does Martha decide to act after learning that Jimmy filmed their kiss?
6. What comment does Alice make to Martha that pleases her after Martha brings Lucy home from the beach?
7. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
8. What do Jimmy and Martha do when they spend the day together at the beach?
9. What is the symbolism of Martha's painting Olive's name in ocean water on the hot sidewalk?
10. What is The Benton Place?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)