|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
(a) A sand castle.
(b) A sand rocket.
(c) A sand dinosaur.
(d) A sand octopus.
2. Who has written the note to Martha?
3. What does Godbee tell Martha about good-byes?
(a) They are always difficult.
(b) They are like dying.
(c) They are annoying.
(d) They are necessary.
4. Where does Jimmy suggest that he and Martha go as they walk on the beach?
(a) The Benton Place.
(b) The Seahorse Restaurant.
(c) Lovers Lane.
(d) Under the pier.
5. Why can Martha not keep the kiss a secret?
(a) Vince will tell everybody.
(b) Jimmy filmed it.
(c) Jimmy has a big mouth.
(d) A group of people saw them together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha decide to handle the situation of the video kiss?
2. Where do Dennis and Vince ask Martha to come along with them?
3. Godbee shows Martha a letter that Martha wrote when she was _____________ years old.
4. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
5. What does Martha realize as she paints on the sidewalk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martha do when she sees Jimmy holding hands with a girl and walking towards her on the beach?
2. Why is Lucy so upset after she is freed from the mound of sand?
3. What impact does Martha's slip in the water have on her?
4. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
5. What comment does Alice make to Martha that pleases her after Martha brings Lucy home from the beach?
6. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
7. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
8. What is the first part of Martha's plan to be carried out at the beach?
9. Why is Martha so upset about the bet that Jimmy made with the other boys?
10. What is The Benton Place?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)