|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does the family visit two days before leaving Godbee's house?
(a) Sea World.
(b) The Knob.
(c) The Seahorse.
(d) Americana Theme Park.
2. Who does Martha imagine is with her at the location in #160?
3. How does Martha feel on her last day at Godbee's house?
4. Martha re-reads Olive's journal page, focusing on the statement about wanting to go to ____________________.
(a) the moon.
(b) the mountains.
(c) a real ocean.
(d) a theme park.
5. What game does Vince want to play with Martha and Godbee in Chapter 47?
(b) Trivial Pursuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note in #152 say?
2. What is Martha's favorite restaurant when they visit Godbee?
3. What does Martha turn to when she abandons writing the book about Olive?
4. What does Vince eat for a snack during the game?
5. What does Martha realize as she paints on the sidewalk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha keep Lucy occupied while she carries out the first part of her plan?
2. What is the first part of Martha's plan to be carried out at the beach?
3. Why are Jimmy and Martha mad at a comment someone makes when they are holding hands?
4. What is the symbolism of Martha's painting Olive's name in ocean water on the hot sidewalk?
5. What topic does Martha speak about as Jimmy films her?
6. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
7. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
8. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
9. What does Martha do when she sees Jimmy holding hands with a girl and walking towards her on the beach?
10. Why is Martha especially sad at the thought of having to leave Godbee?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)