|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Martha especially sad to leave Godbee this time?
(a) She knows she won't be back next Summer.
(b) She didn't get to spend enough time with her.
(c) She is afraid Godbee will die.
(d) She sees Godbee crying.
2. What does Alice whisper to Martha in Chapter 47?
(a) She thinks Godbee is too tired to play very long.
(b) She tells her to stop avoiding Vince.
(c) She is available if Martha wants to talk about anything.
(d) Martha's bra strap is showing.
3. What does Lucy notice about Martha when Martha returns to free her from the sand?
(a) Her cheek is bleeding.
(b) Her hair is soaking wet.
(c) She has been crying.
(d) She has lost an earring.
4. Who lives in the house where Olive used to live?
(a) Jerry Simpson.
(b) John Waverly.
(c) Jay Hall.
(d) Jack McBride.
5. How does Martha feel about Vince's comment about Jimmy in #117?
(a) It embarrasses her.
(b) It infuriates her.
(c) It makes her laugh.
(d) It makes her happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha finds Godbee in the kitchen in the middle of the night and thinks she looks like _____________________.
2. What does Tate give to Martha in a bag?
3. What does Alice warn Martha about before the family goes out to dinner?
4. What does Martha write on the sidewalk in front of Olive's old house, using a paintbrush and the ocean water?
5. Why does Lucy get upset at the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha keep Lucy occupied while she carries out the first part of her plan?
2. What impact does Martha's slip in the water have on her?
3. What comment does Alice make to Martha that pleases her after Martha brings Lucy home from the beach?
4. Why is Martha so upset about the bet that Jimmy made with the other boys?
5. What does Olive's journal statement about wanting to go to "a real ocean" foreshadow?
6. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her story about Olive and what is the event she describes?
7. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
8. Why does Martha decide to visit Godbee again at Christmas time?
9. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
10. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)