|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
(a) Anybody can die at any time.
(b) She still owed Olive some money for a ticket.
(c) Olive had borrowed a couple of her books.
(d) She should have been nicer to Olive.
2. Why can Martha not keep the kiss a secret?
(a) Jimmy has a big mouth.
(b) A group of people saw them together.
(c) Jimmy filmed it.
(d) Vince will tell everybody.
3. What is Godbee wearing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
(a) A robe.
(c) A swim suit.
(d) A wedding gown.
4. In Chapter 48, Martha makes a note for her book that states that James has _________________________.
(a) a really bad temper.
(b) a brain the size of a microbe.
(c) a killer smile.
(d) epic film talent.
5. Why does Godbee placed the filled baby food jars on the window sills?
(a) The sunlight will make colored patches in the roon.
(b) No one can reach them without a stool.
(c) They are to be saved for special occasions.
(d) She doesn't want them to get broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice warn Martha about before the family goes out to dinner?
2. What does the note in #152 say?
3. What is notable about the blocks in #163?
4. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
5. What is Martha's favorite restaurant when they visit Godbee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
2. How does Martha decide to act after learning that Jimmy filmed their kiss?
3. What does Olive's journal statement about wanting to go to "a real ocean" foreshadow?
4. Why is Martha especially sad at the thought of having to leave Godbee?
5. What does Dennis tell Martha about carrying her when she was tired as a little girl and why is Martha wistful for those times?
6. Why is Lucy so upset after she is freed from the mound of sand?
7. Why does Martha decide to visit Godbee again at Christmas time?
8. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
9. How does Martha keep Lucy occupied while she carries out the first part of her plan?
10. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her story about Olive and what is the event she describes?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)