|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does the family visit two days before leaving Godbee's house?
(a) Americana Theme Park.
(b) The Knob.
(c) The Seahorse.
(d) Sea World.
2. What frightens Martha at the beach?
(a) She almost drowns.
(b) She cuts her foot on a seashell.
(c) She is stung by a jellyfish.
(d) She can't find Lucy.
3. What does Vince say about Jimmy during dinner?
(a) He broke his leg today.
(b) He is going to boarding school.
(c) He isn't a nice person.
(d) He is his best friend.
4. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
(a) Gummy bears.
(b) Snack crackers.
(c) An empty jar.
5. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
(a) Anybody can die at any time.
(b) Olive had borrowed a couple of her books.
(c) She still owed Olive some money for a ticket.
(d) She should have been nicer to Olive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has written the note to Martha?
2. Where does Martha find a note addressed to her?
3. The man in #173 says that he is haunted by Olive who was always alone and ______________________.
4. What is Godbee doing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
5. What comment does an adult make about Martha and Jimmy that makes them both angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
2. Why are Jimmy and Martha mad at a comment someone makes when they are holding hands?
3. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
4. What fact startles Martha when she speaks about Olive as Jimmy films her?
5. Why is Lucy so upset after she is freed from the mound of sand?
6. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
7. What is The Benton Place?
8. How does Martha keep Lucy occupied while she carries out the first part of her plan?
9. Why does Godbee fill baby food jars with colored water?
10. What does Dennis tell Martha about carrying her when she was tired as a little girl and why is Martha wistful for those times?
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)