|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vince feel about spending time with Jimmy and his video camera?
(a) It is educational.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It is stupid.
(d) It is epic.
2. Who lives in the house where Olive used to live?
(a) Jay Hall.
(b) Jack McBride.
(c) John Waverly.
(d) Jerry Simpson.
3. Who meets Martha and Jimmy to walk Martha home?
4. Where does Jimmy suggest that he and Martha go as they walk on the beach?
(a) Under the pier.
(b) The Benton Place.
(c) The Seahorse Restaurant.
(d) Lovers Lane.
5. What question does Jimmy ask Martha in Chapter 39?
(a) If she will go to the bonfire with him.
(b) If she has ever been kissed.
(c) If she will carry his camera.
(d) If she will shoot some video of him surfing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Godbee placed the filled baby food jars on the window sills?
2. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her book about Olive in Chapter 34?
3. Godbee shows Martha a letter that Martha wrote when she was _____________ years old.
4. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
5. Why does Martha decide to give up on the story about Olive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Martha especially sad at the thought of having to leave Godbee?
2. What fact startles Martha when she speaks about Olive as Jimmy films her?
3. What do Jimmy and Martha do when they spend the day together at the beach?
4. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
5. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
6. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
7. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her story about Olive and what is the event she describes?
8. What is the symbolism of Martha's painting Olive's name in ocean water on the hot sidewalk?
9. How does Martha feel as she holds Jimmy's hand and they walk down the beach?
10. What does Martha do when she sees Jimmy holding hands with a girl and walking towards her on the beach?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)