|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jimmy?
2. Why does Lucy get upset at the beach?
(a) It starts to rain and she has to go home.
(b) Her beach ball floats out too far in the water.
(c) She dropped her ice cream cone in the sand.
(d) She has sand in her diaper.
3. How does Vince feel about spending time with Jimmy and his video camera?
(a) It is stupid.
(b) It is epic.
(c) It is educational.
(d) It is boring.
4. What game does Vince want to play with Martha and Godbee in Chapter 47?
(b) Trivial Pursuit.
5. What does Vince say about Jimmy during dinner?
(a) He broke his leg today.
(b) He is his best friend.
(c) He isn't a nice person.
(d) He is going to boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha ask Godbee for In Chapter 49?
2. What gave Godbee the idea to put colored water into the baby food jars?
3. Why does Godbee placed the filled baby food jars on the window sills?
4. What has stained Godbee's hands?
5. For which holiday does Martha plan to return to visit Godbee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
2. What comment does Alice make to Martha that pleases her after Martha brings Lucy home from the beach?
3. Why is Martha especially sad at the thought of having to leave Godbee?
4. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
5. What is The Benton Place?
6. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
7. What impact does Martha's slip in the water have on her?
8. Why does Jimmy ask Martha if she has ever been kissed? What are the circumstances in which Jimmy kisses Martha?
9. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
10. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)