|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martha decide to handle the situation of the video kiss?
(a) She will tell Jimmy's parents.
(b) She will have somebody tape her kissing Tate.
(c) She will break Jimmy's camera.
(d) She will block it out.
2. What frightens Martha at the beach?
(a) She is stung by a jellyfish.
(b) She almost drowns.
(c) She cuts her foot on a seashell.
(d) She can't find Lucy.
3. What does Martha realize as she paints on the sidewalk?
(a) She will take another stab at writing the book about Olive.
(b) She was silly to bring the water from the ocean.
(c) She would be Olive's friend if given the opportunity.
(d) No one will ever remember Olive.
4. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
(a) A sand rocket.
(b) A sand dinosaur.
(c) A sand octopus.
(d) A sand castle.
5. With what has Godbee filled all the baby food jars?
(a) Colored water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a random thought that comes to Martha as she thinks in a poetic mindset?
2. Where does Martha find a note addressed to her?
3. What does Godbee say about the colored water in the jars?
4. How does Martha feel about Vince's comment about Jimmy in #117?
5. Why does Martha decide to give up on the story about Olive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
2. Why does Jimmy ask Martha if she has ever been kissed? What are the circumstances in which Jimmy kisses Martha?
3. How does Martha feel as she holds Jimmy's hand and they walk down the beach?
4. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
5. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
6. Why is Martha so upset about the bet that Jimmy made with the other boys?
7. What does Martha do when she sees Jimmy holding hands with a girl and walking towards her on the beach?
8. What does Dennis tell Martha about carrying her when she was tired as a little girl and why is Martha wistful for those times?
9. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
10. What do Jimmy and Martha do when they spend the day together at the beach?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)