|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martha feel about Vince's comment about Jimmy in #117?
(a) It infuriates her.
(b) It makes her happy.
(c) It makes her laugh.
(d) It embarrasses her.
2. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
(a) A sand rocket.
(b) A sand octopus.
(c) A sand dinosaur.
(d) A sand castle.
3. Martha has a dream in which she is surrounded by huge blocks of _________________.
4. What is Godbee wearing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
(a) A wedding gown.
(b) A swim suit.
(c) A robe.
5. What does Martha say about Olive as Jimmy records her statements?
(a) She was her best friend.
(b) She didn't know who she was.
(c) She was a gawky girl.
(d) Twelve is too young to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has written the note to Martha?
2. What is a random thought that comes to Martha as she thinks in a poetic mindset?
3. Which of the jars of colored water does Lucy like best?
4. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
5. Godbee shows Martha a letter that Martha wrote when she was _____________ years old.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
2. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her story about Olive and what is the event she describes?
3. Why does Jimmy ask Martha if she has ever been kissed? What are the circumstances in which Jimmy kisses Martha?
4. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
5. What fact startles Martha when she speaks about Olive as Jimmy films her?
6. How does Martha feel as she holds Jimmy's hand and they walk down the beach?
7. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
8. Why does Martha decide to visit Godbee again at Christmas time?
9. What is the first part of Martha's plan to be carried out at the beach?
10. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)