|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Manning brother had Martha liked on previous visits?
2. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day of the summer?
(a) Walk on the beach.
(b) Make homemade lemonade.
(c) Eat blueberry pie.
(d) Share a piece of information about themselves.
3. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
(a) Electric garage door opener and E-mail.
(b) E-mail and a shower stall.
(c) Cable TV and a dishwasher.
(d) E-mail and a dishwasher.
4. On what date is Olive's journal entry written?
(a) August 20.
(b) December 23.
(c) June 7.
(d) September 15.
5. What does Olive's mother say to Martha as she leaves Martha's house?
(a) Thank you, Martha Boyle.
(b) I'll see you later.
(c) We'll pick you up in the morning.
(d) Have a good time tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy always insist on every morning?
2. Even though Lucy is ready to go swimming first thing in the morning, what does Martha opt to do?
3. What does the woman in #4 give to Martha?
4. Vince's friends who live near Godbee are the ______________ boys.
5. What does Dennis bring with him when he does come home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
2. Why does Martha oppose the assignment made by her teacher about embarrassing moments?
3. What does Martha reveal to Godbee about her family and why does she regret saying it?
4. Why does Vince say that he didn't mention the kissing tape to Martha?
5. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her story about Olive and what is the event she describes?
6. What does Martha do when she sees Jimmy holding hands with a girl and walking towards her on the beach?
7. Why does Martha step into the street with her back turned at the spot where Olive was killed?
8. What is important to Olive's mother about what Martha must have done at some time?
9. Why are Jimmy and Martha mad at a comment someone makes when they are holding hands?
10. What does Martha learn about Olive by reading the first page of her journal?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)