|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Lucy is ready to go swimming first thing in the morning, what does Martha opt to do?
(a) Have breakfast with Godbee.
(b) Go back to bed.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Bake a cake.
2. Goodbee tells Martha that she had once written a short story about a girl who moved far from the ocean and took ____________________ with her.
(c) a bag of sand.
(d) a bottle of ocean water.
3. Martha recalls Olive as being ___________________.
(a) very gregarious.
(b) a wild child.
(c) a loner.
(d) a little bit shy.
4. How does Martha describe Olive's voice?
5. Jimmy tells Martha that he still has to work on the family part of the video before getting on to the subjects of ______________________.
(a) love and sports.
(b) death and love.
(c) death and birth.
(d) truth and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy demands that a kiss for Martha be _________________.
2. Where did Olive want to live?
3. What does the woman in #4 give to Martha?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the Manning brothers?
5. What color is the item in #5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
2. What is the name and topic of Jimmy's video?
3. What is the traditional game played during visits to Godbee's house and why is the first game night of this visit not very successful?
4. What does Martha reveal to Godbee about her family and why does she regret saying it?
5. Name all the Manning brothers and identify the project Jimmy is working on.
6. How did Martha know Olive?
7. Who is Vince?
8. What things did Olive and Martha seem to have in common?
9. What are a couple of conveniences that Martha has at her house but that Godbee does not have?
10. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)