|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
(a) Cable TV and a dishwasher.
(b) Electric garage door opener and E-mail.
(c) E-mail and a dishwasher.
(d) E-mail and a shower stall.
2. What does Lucy always insist on every morning?
(a) Having someone read her a book.
(b) Playing in her bubble bath.
(c) Watching Sesame Street.
(d) Kissing Martha.
3. Who is Dennis?
(a) Martha's grandfather.
(b) Olive's father.
(c) Martha's father.
(d) Martha's brother.
4. Which Manning brother is Martha becoming interested in during this visit?
5. The first sentence of the book Olive would write is : "The __________________ secret wish was that her bones were hollow like a bird's and that she could just take off and fly away."
(b) old woman's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the Manning brothers?
3. Martha loves to visit her grandmother who lives near the _____________________.
4. When does Martha get a "glittery feeling"?
5. What does Martha want to be when she grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Martha step into the street with her back turned at the spot where Olive was killed?
2. What secret does Godbee share with Martha as part of their first daily information sharing ritual?
3. Who is the woman who shows up at Martha Boyle's front door at the beginning of the story and what does the woman give to Martha?
4. What does Martha learn about Olive by reading the first page of her journal?
5. What is important to Olive's mother about what Martha must have done at some time?
6. What are a couple of conveniences that Martha has at her house but that Godbee does not have?
7. What is behind Martha's decision to wear bright orange t-shirts all the time?
8. What announcement does Martha's father make to the family and what impact will it have on Martha?
9. What is the next secret Martha reveals to Godbee regarding what she wants to be one day?
10. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)