|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boy at school did Martha have a crush on?
(a) Kyle Gilbert.
(b) Seth Nordstrom.
(c) Jimmy Morrison.
(d) Chad Albert.
2. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
(a) They are kissing.
(b) They are walking hand-in-hand.
(c) They are holding hands.
(d) They are whispering to each other.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the Manning brothers?
4. Who is Martha's mother?
5. Martha loves to visit her grandmother who lives near the _____________________.
(a) Grand Canyon.
(b) Atlantic Ocean.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Pacific Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book she begins to write, Martha creates Olive's character to be a/an _____________________.
2. Who is Martha's little sister?
3. What color is the item in #5?
4. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
5. Marthat can't figure out what she did that made Olive say she was ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
2. What is the name and topic of Jimmy's video?
3. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
4. What is the next secret Martha reveals to Godbee regarding what she wants to be one day?
5. What announcement does Martha's father make to the family and what impact will it have on Martha?
6. Who is the woman who shows up at Martha Boyle's front door at the beginning of the story and what does the woman give to Martha?
7. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
8. What is behind Martha's decision to wear bright orange t-shirts all the time?
9. What could Godbee mean when she tells Martha that this could be their last summer together?
10. What does Martha learn about Olive by reading the first page of her journal?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)