|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Martha's mother work?
(c) Pottery Barn.
(d) Wisconsin Public Radio.
2. What was an important wish for Olive?
(a) Dance in a ballet.
(b) Run a marathon.
(c) Fly into space.
(d) Visit the ocean.
3. How much older is Vince than Martha?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
4. Why is Olive's mother happy with Martha?
(a) Martha visited Olive when she was sick.
(b) Martha was Olive's best friend.
(c) Martha brought flowers to Olive's funeral.
(d) Martha must have done something to make Olive happy.
5. What does Olive's mom know about her daughter?
(a) She was not very popular.
(b) She was very competitive.
(c) She was a straight-A student.
(d) She was a gifted singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Manning brother had Martha liked on previous visits?
2. What does Martha want to be when she grows up?
3. Jimmy tells Martha that he still has to work on the family part of the video before getting on to the subjects of ______________________.
4. What does the woman in #4 give to Martha?
5. What secret does Martha tell Godbee in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
2. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
3. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
4. Why does Jimmy ask Martha if she has ever been kissed? What are the circumstances in which Jimmy kisses Martha?
5. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
6. What is the symbolism of the sea monster in the game Martha plays with Lucy on the beach?
7. What must Olive's mother know about her daughter regarding any friendship with Martha?
8. Which one of the Manning boys likes Martha?
9. What secret does Godbee share with Martha as part of their first daily information sharing ritual?
10. What is behind Martha's decision to wear bright orange t-shirts all the time?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)