|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Lucy is ready to go swimming first thing in the morning, what does Martha opt to do?
(a) Bake a cake.
(b) Go back to bed.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Have breakfast with Godbee.
2. What is the weather like in Chapter 24?
(a) Blazing hot.
(b) Very foggy.
3. What information does Godbee share with Martha?
(a) She bought some new diamond earrings.
(b) She hates her hands.
(c) Her garden isn't producing well this year.
(d) Her knees hurt all the time.
4. What silly rumor had Holly heard about Olive's death?
(a) Her fingers all curled back.
(b) Her arm twisted around.
(c) Her eyes popped out.
(d) Her head was knocked off.
5. What writing assignment did the teacher make on the day after Martha embarrassed herself by saying that she liked Kyle?
(a) Your summer vacation.
(b) Your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Your bucket list.
(d) Your Christmas traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godbee suggest that Martha spend some time doing?
2. What project is Jimmy Manning working on?
3. Which Manning brother is Martha becoming interested in during this visit?
4. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
5. Where does Martha's mother work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Martha step into the street with her back turned at the spot where Olive was killed?
2. How did Martha know Olive?
3. How did Godbee get that nickname?
4. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
5. Which of the Manning boys has Martha always liked? Which one is she attracted to this summer?
6. Who is Vince?
7. Who is Godbee?
8. Why does Martha oppose the assignment made by her teacher about embarrassing moments?
9. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
10. What is the name and topic of Jimmy's video?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)