|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
(a) she didn't win the end-of-year spelling bee.
(b) some kids at school make fun of her hair.
(c) Olive was too young to die.
(d) her father left the house angry.
2. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
(b) swim suit.
3. What does Lucy loudly demand that makes her father leave the house?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) Dog food.
(c) Her red ball.
(d) Banana baby food.
4. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
(a) To the front porch.
(b) To bed.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the bathroom.
5. What does Lucy always insist on every morning?
(a) Watching Sesame Street.
(b) Having someone read her a book.
(c) Playing in her bubble bath.
(d) Kissing Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
2. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
3. How does Martha describe Olive's voice?
4. Who is Martha's mother?
5. Vince's friends who live near Godbee are the ______________ boys.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Martha know Olive?
2. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
3. What is the name and topic of Jimmy's video?
4. What must Olive's mother know about her daughter regarding any friendship with Martha?
5. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
6. Which one of the Manning boys likes Martha?
7. What does Martha recall about Olive's death?
8. What are a couple of conveniences that Martha has at her house but that Godbee does not have?
9. Which of the Manning boys has Martha always liked? Which one is she attracted to this summer?
10. Who is Martha's mother and what is her job?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)