|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
(a) To bed.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To the kitchen.
2. What is the weather like in Chapter 24?
(a) Very foggy.
(d) Blazing hot.
3. What silly rumor had Holly heard about Olive's death?
(a) Her arm twisted around.
(b) Her fingers all curled back.
(c) Her eyes popped out.
(d) Her head was knocked off.
4. Dennis says that he is going to give up the idea of writing a book and ____________________.
(a) return to college.
(b) return to work.
(c) build a boat.
(d) open a travel agency.
5. Who does Martha hope will call her in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Martha's mother work?
2. What nickname did Martha secretly refer to her mother as?
3. What game is played during every visit with Godbee?
4. Which type of books did Olive like?
5. How did Martha know Olive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha show maturity by thinking of other people in her life?
2. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
3. Who is Martha's mother and what is her job?
4. What does Martha recall about Olive's death?
5. What must Olive's mother know about her daughter regarding any friendship with Martha?
6. Who is Vince?
7. What does Martha learn about Olive by reading the first page of her journal?
8. Name all the Manning brothers and identify the project Jimmy is working on.
9. What is the traditional game played during visits to Godbee's house and why is the first game night of this visit not very successful?
10. Which of the Manning boys has Martha always liked? Which one is she attracted to this summer?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)