|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godbee suggest that Martha spend some time doing?
2. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
3. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To the front porch.
(d) To bed.
4. Martha loves to visit her grandmother who lives near the _____________________.
(a) Grand Canyon.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Pacific Ocean.
(d) Atlantic Ocean.
5. Lucy demands that a kiss for Martha be _________________.
(a) a "long one".
(b) a "quick one".
(c) a "good one".
(d) a "great one".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman in #4 give to Martha?
2. When did Olive first come to Martha's school?
3. What silly rumor had Holly heard about Olive's death?
4. Whose initials does Martha write in the sand in Chapter 28?
5. Who is Dennis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martha recall about Olive's death?
2. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
3. Who is Martha's mother and what is her job?
4. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
5. How did Martha know Olive?
6. What is behind Martha's decision to wear bright orange t-shirts all the time?
7. What things did Olive and Martha seem to have in common?
8. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
9. What is the name and topic of Jimmy's video?
10. Which of the Manning boys has Martha always liked? Which one is she attracted to this summer?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)