|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
(a) They are kissing.
(b) They are whispering to each other.
(c) They are walking hand-in-hand.
(d) They are holding hands.
2. How many Manning brothers are there?
3. What is Martha's last name?
4. What nickname did Martha secretly refer to her mother as?
(a) Ms. Humpty.
(b) Ms. Hubbard.
(c) Ms. Honeywell.
(d) Ms. Harumph.
5. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
(d) swim suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who overhears Martha say that she has a crush on the boy in #85?
2. What does Martha want to be when she grows up?
3. Who is Dennis?
4. How old did Olive say she would be when she lived in the location in #22?
5. What street was Martha riding on when she was hit on her bicycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic does Martha speak about as Jimmy films her?
2. How did Godbee get that nickname?
3. Why is Martha especially sad at the thought of having to leave Godbee?
4. What does Martha recall about a conversation she and her best friend Holly had about Olive's death?
5. What must Olive's mother know about her daughter regarding any friendship with Martha?
6. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
7. What does Martha learn about Olive by reading the first page of her journal?
8. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
9. What is important to Olive's mother about what Martha must have done at some time?
10. Why is Martha so conflicted when Dennis and Vince ask her to go with them to the Benton Place?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)