|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vince?
(a) Martha's uncle.
(b) Martha's father.
(c) Martha's brother.
(d) Martha's boyfriend.
2. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
(a) To bed.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the bathroom.
3. In what month had Olive died?
4. Dennis says that he is going to give up the idea of writing a book and ____________________.
(a) return to college.
(b) open a travel agency.
(c) build a boat.
(d) return to work.
5. What does Goodbee share about herself to Martha in Chapter 22?
(a) She forgets to wear socks sometimes.
(b) She no longer has much sense of taste or smell.
(c) She once dyed her hair purple.
(d) She is taking pottery lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
2. What project is Jimmy Manning working on?
3. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
4. What is the name of Martha's school?
5. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Martha's mother and what is her job?
2. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
3. Name all the Manning brothers and identify the project Jimmy is working on.
4. How did Martha know Olive?
5. What secret does Godbee share with Martha as part of their first daily information sharing ritual?
6. What is behind Martha's decision to wear bright orange t-shirts all the time?
7. Who is Vince?
8. What does Martha learn about Olive by reading the first page of her journal?
9. What announcement does Martha's father make to the family and what impact will it have on Martha?
10. What is the traditional game played during visits to Godbee's house and why is the first game night of this visit not very successful?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)