|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
(a) To bed.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To the kitchen.
2. What does the woman in #4 give to Martha?
(a) A page of a journal.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A flash drive.
(d) A necklace.
3. What does Goodbee share about herself to Martha in Chapter 22?
(a) She forgets to wear socks sometimes.
(b) She is taking pottery lessons.
(c) She once dyed her hair purple.
(d) She no longer has much sense of taste or smell.
4. Who is Martha's little sister?
5. What will Martha decide to take home with her from her visit to Godbee's house?
(a) A bottle of ocean water.
(b) Some sea shells.
(c) Photo albums.
(d) An old cookbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis bring with him when he does come home?
2. How much older is Vince than Martha?
3. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
4. Even though Lucy is ready to go swimming first thing in the morning, what does Martha opt to do?
5. What does Lucy loudly demand that makes her father leave the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must Olive's mother know about her daughter regarding any friendship with Martha?
2. Who is the woman who shows up at Martha Boyle's front door at the beginning of the story and what does the woman give to Martha?
3. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
4. What does Martha recall about Olive's death?
5. How did Martha know Olive?
6. What could Godbee mean when she tells Martha that this could be their last summer together?
7. Why does Martha oppose the assignment made by her teacher about embarrassing moments?
8. What does Martha recall about a conversation she and her best friend Holly had about Olive's death?
9. How did Godbee get that nickname?
10. How does Martha show maturity by thinking of other people in her life?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)