|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Martha share about herself after breakfast?
(a) She likes to watch the stars at night.
(b) She has never kissed a boy.
(c) She wants to be a writer.
(d) She cheated on a math test.
2. What writing assignment did the teacher make on the day after Martha embarrassed herself by saying that she liked Kyle?
(a) Your most embarrassing moment.
(b) Your Christmas traditions.
(c) Your summer vacation.
(d) Your bucket list.
3. Which Manning brother is Martha becoming interested in during this visit?
4. What street was Martha riding on when she was hit on her bicycle?
(a) Monroe Street.
(b) Madison Street.
(c) Lawson Street.
(d) Mulberry Street.
5. What does Martha read in Chapter 3?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A murder mystery.
(c) Christmas stories.
(d) Olive's journal page.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do when she can tell that Martha's mind isn't on the game?
2. What is Martha's grandmother's name?
3. Dennis says that he is going to give up the idea of writing a book and ____________________.
4. When did Olive first come to Martha's school?
5. What was Olive's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
2. Name all the Manning brothers and identify the project Jimmy is working on.
3. Who is Vince?
4. What is behind Martha's decision to wear bright orange t-shirts all the time?
5. What does Martha reveal to Godbee about her family and why does she regret saying it?
6. What is the name and topic of Jimmy's video?
7. What is the next secret Martha reveals to Godbee regarding what she wants to be one day?
8. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
9. What does Martha recall about Olive's death?
10. What does Martha recall about a conversation she and her best friend Holly had about Olive's death?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)