|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Olive first come to Martha's school?
2. Martha loves to visit her grandmother who lives near the _____________________.
(a) Pacific Ocean.
(b) Grand Canyon.
(c) Atlantic Ocean.
(d) Mississippi River.
3. Who is Martha's mother?
4. On what date is Olive's journal entry written?
(a) August 20.
(b) September 15.
(c) June 7.
(d) December 23.
5. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
(a) she didn't win the end-of-year spelling bee.
(b) her father left the house angry.
(c) Olive was too young to die.
(d) some kids at school make fun of her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boy at school did Martha have a crush on?
2. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
3. How much older is Vince than Martha?
4. What game is played during every visit with Godbee?
5. What is Martha's grandmother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha show maturity by thinking of other people in her life?
2. What secret does Godbee share with Martha as part of their first daily information sharing ritual?
3. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
4. What could Godbee mean when she tells Martha that this could be their last summer together?
5. What is behind Martha's decision to wear bright orange t-shirts all the time?
6. What is the next secret Martha reveals to Godbee regarding what she wants to be one day?
7. What is important to Olive's mother about what Martha must have done at some time?
8. Which one of the Manning boys likes Martha?
9. How did Godbee get that nickname?
10. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)