|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The page from Olive's journal indicates that Olive wanted to be a _________________.
2. What mode of transportation does Olive's mother use to leave Martha's house?
3. Which of the following is NOT a possibility that Olive is thinking as Martha speaks up in class?
(a) Olive is horrified about Martha's actions.
(b) Olive is glad that Martha is embarrassed.
(c) Olive knows about Martha's embarrassment.
(d) Olive is feeling sorry for Martha.
4. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
(a) They are whispering to each other.
(b) They are walking hand-in-hand.
(c) They are holding hands.
(d) They are kissing.
5. In what month had Olive died?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book she begins to write, Martha creates Olive's character to be a/an _____________________.
2. What is the name of Martha's school?
3. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
4. When did Olive first come to Martha's school?
5. How does Martha describe Olive's voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Godbee get that nickname?
2. Name all the Manning brothers and identify the project Jimmy is working on.
3. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
4. What is the traditional game played during visits to Godbee's house and why is the first game night of this visit not very successful?
5. What is behind Martha's decision to wear bright orange t-shirts all the time?
6. What secret does Godbee share with Martha as part of their first daily information sharing ritual?
7. Which one of the Manning boys likes Martha?
8. What are a couple of conveniences that Martha has at her house but that Godbee does not have?
9. Why does Martha step into the street with her back turned at the spot where Olive was killed?
10. What does Martha reveal to Godbee about her family and why does she regret saying it?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)