|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Martha's grandmother's name?
(a) Dinah Brown.
(b) Delores Bartin.
(c) Dorothy Boyle.
(d) Dede Bowdoin.
2. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
3. Martha recalls Olive as being ___________________.
(a) a wild child.
(b) a little bit shy.
(c) very gregarious.
(d) a loner.
4. What does Lucy loudly demand that makes her father leave the house?
(a) Dog food.
(b) Her red ball.
(c) A baby doll.
(d) Banana baby food.
5. What is the content of Jimmy's video?
(b) Family life.
(c) Historical characters.
(d) Urban legends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
2. In what month had Olive died?
3. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
4. What does Dennis' decision mean for the family?
5. In the book she begins to write, Martha creates Olive's character to be a/an _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
2. How does Martha show maturity by thinking of other people in her life?
3. What is the symbolism of Martha's painting Olive's name in ocean water on the hot sidewalk?
4. How does Martha feel as she holds Jimmy's hand and they walk down the beach?
5. Who is Vince?
6. How did Godbee get that nickname?
7. Why does Godbee fill baby food jars with colored water?
8. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
9. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
10. What must Olive's mother know about her daughter regarding any friendship with Martha?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)