|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street was Martha riding on when she was hit on her bicycle?
(a) Madison Street.
(b) Monroe Street.
(c) Mulberry Street.
(d) Lawson Street.
2. Goodbee tells Martha that she had once written a short story about a girl who moved far from the ocean and took ____________________ with her.
(a) a bag of sand.
(b) a bottle of ocean water.
3. What does Martha read in Chapter 3?
(a) Olive's journal page.
(b) A murder mystery.
(c) Christmas stories.
(d) A magazine.
4. Why does Martha have trouble concentrating during the game?
(a) She's worried because her father is still out.
(b) She would rather be with Vince and the Mannings.
(c) She can't stop thinking about Olive.
(d) She has a headache.
5. Marthat can't figure out what she did that made Olive say she was ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
2. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
3. What silly rumor had Holly heard about Olive's death?
4. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
5. How old did Olive say she would be when she lived in the location in #22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
2. What does Martha recall about a conversation she and her best friend Holly had about Olive's death?
3. Name all the Manning brothers and identify the project Jimmy is working on.
4. What announcement does Martha's father make to the family and what impact will it have on Martha?
5. What does Martha learn about Olive by reading the first page of her journal?
6. What is the name and topic of Jimmy's video?
7. Why does Martha step into the street with her back turned at the spot where Olive was killed?
8. What could Godbee mean when she tells Martha that this could be their last summer together?
9. What is the traditional game played during visits to Godbee's house and why is the first game night of this visit not very successful?
10. How did Godbee get that nickname?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)