|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Martha describe Olive's voice?
2. What secret does Martha share about herself after breakfast?
(a) She likes to watch the stars at night.
(b) She has never kissed a boy.
(c) She cheated on a math test.
(d) She wants to be a writer.
3. What secret does Martha tell Godbee in Chapter 25?
(a) She faked having a fever so she didn't have to go to school.
(b) She once drove the car around the block.
(c) She likes Jimmy Manning.
(d) She doesn't always like her mother.
4. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day of the summer?
(a) Share a piece of information about themselves.
(b) Walk on the beach.
(c) Make homemade lemonade.
(d) Eat blueberry pie.
5. Which Manning brother had Martha liked on previous visits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy always insist on every morning?
2. What nickname did Martha secretly refer to her mother as?
3. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
4. What does the woman in #4 tell Martha about Olive?
5. In the book she begins to write, Martha creates Olive's character to be a/an _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are a couple of conveniences that Martha has at her house but that Godbee does not have?
2. What is the next secret Martha reveals to Godbee regarding what she wants to be one day?
3. What is the traditional game played during visits to Godbee's house and why is the first game night of this visit not very successful?
4. Which of the Manning boys has Martha always liked? Which one is she attracted to this summer?
5. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
6. What could Godbee mean when she tells Martha that this could be their last summer together?
7. What does Martha recall about a conversation she and her best friend Holly had about Olive's death?
8. What must Olive's mother know about her daughter regarding any friendship with Martha?
9. What is behind Martha's decision to wear bright orange t-shirts all the time?
10. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)