|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha tells Godbee that she plans to write a book about _____________________.
(a) a girl named Olive.
(c) learning to speak French.
(d) Christmas traditions.
2. What was Olive's last name?
3. What color t-shirts has Martha begun wearing?
4. What color is the item in #5?
5. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Martha hope will call her in Chapter 23?
2. Lucy demands that a kiss for Martha be _________________.
3. What are the only two words Martha has written on the plane trip in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
5. What does Dennis bring with him when he does come home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
2. How does Martha show maturity by thinking of other people in her life?
3. Who is Martha's mother and what is her job?
4. What does Dennis tell Martha about carrying her when she was tired as a little girl and why is Martha wistful for those times?
5. What does Martha do when she sees Jimmy holding hands with a girl and walking towards her on the beach?
6. What comment does Alice make to Martha that pleases her after Martha brings Lucy home from the beach?
7. Why is Lucy so upset after she is freed from the mound of sand?
8. What could Godbee mean when she tells Martha that this could be their last summer together?
9. What does Martha learn about Olive by reading the first page of her journal?
10. What things did Olive and Martha seem to have in common?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)