|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only two words Martha has written on the plane trip in Chapter 10?
(a) True love.
(b) Olive Barstow.
(c) Miss you.
(d) Olive's ocean.
2. What is Martha's grandmother's name?
(a) Dorothy Boyle.
(b) Delores Bartin.
(c) Dinah Brown.
(d) Dede Bowdoin.
3. What does Martha tell Goodbee about her family?
(a) She is afraid they will leave her.
(b) She gets along with them most of the time.
(c) She hates them.
(d) She loves them.
4. Even though Lucy is ready to go swimming first thing in the morning, what does Martha opt to do?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Go back to bed.
(c) Have breakfast with Godbee.
(d) Bake a cake.
5. Which of the following is NOT a possibility that Olive is thinking as Martha speaks up in class?
(a) Olive is feeling sorry for Martha.
(b) Olive knows about Martha's embarrassment.
(c) Olive is glad that Martha is embarrassed.
(d) Olive is horrified about Martha's actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of books did Olive like?
2. What was an important wish for Olive?
3. What information does Godbee share with Martha?
4. What nickname does Martha call her grandmother?
5. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do when she can tell that Martha's mind isn't on the game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Martha's mother and what is her job?
2. What does Martha learn about Olive by reading the first page of her journal?
3. What things did Olive and Martha seem to have in common?
4. What are a couple of conveniences that Martha has at her house but that Godbee does not have?
5. Why does Martha oppose the assignment made by her teacher about embarrassing moments?
6. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
7. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
8. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
9. How did Martha know Olive?
10. How does Martha begin her story about Olive?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)