|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Olive's mother happy with Martha?
(a) Martha was Olive's best friend.
(b) Martha visited Olive when she was sick.
(c) Martha must have done something to make Olive happy.
(d) Martha brought flowers to Olive's funeral.
2. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
(a) Electric garage door opener and E-mail.
(b) Cable TV and a dishwasher.
(c) E-mail and a dishwasher.
(d) E-mail and a shower stall.
3. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
(a) They are holding hands.
(b) They are whispering to each other.
(c) They are walking hand-in-hand.
(d) They are kissing.
4. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day of the summer?
(a) Share a piece of information about themselves.
(b) Make homemade lemonade.
(c) Walk on the beach.
(d) Eat blueberry pie.
5. How does Martha describe Olive's voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
2. What is the title of the video Jimmy has made?
3. Where does Martha's mother work?
4. What game is played during every visit with Godbee?
5. Who is the woman at Martha's front door at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martha recall about Olive's death?
2. Who is the woman who shows up at Martha Boyle's front door at the beginning of the story and what does the woman give to Martha?
3. What is the next secret Martha reveals to Godbee regarding what she wants to be one day?
4. What secret does Godbee share with Martha as part of their first daily information sharing ritual?
5. Which of the Manning boys has Martha always liked? Which one is she attracted to this summer?
6. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
7. What things did Olive and Martha seem to have in common?
8. Which one of the Manning boys likes Martha?
9. Name all the Manning brothers and identify the project Jimmy is working on.
10. What wish is stated in Olive's journal regarding having Martha as a friend?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)