|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dennis?
(a) Olive's father.
(b) Martha's grandfather.
(c) Martha's father.
(d) Martha's brother.
2. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
(a) To bed.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To the kitchen.
3. Why is Olive's mother happy with Martha?
(a) Martha must have done something to make Olive happy.
(b) Martha brought flowers to Olive's funeral.
(c) Martha was Olive's best friend.
(d) Martha visited Olive when she was sick.
4. Why does Martha feel the need to make the most of her time with Goodbee?
(a) Godbee is old and will die someday.
(b) Godbee is the only grandmother she has.
(c) She is not close to her other family members.
(d) Martha won't be coming for visits anymore.
5. Who is the woman at Martha's front door at the beginning of the story?
(a) A bus driver.
(b) A political rep.
(c) Olive's mother.
(d) Jenny's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy film to be included in the "death" segment of his movie?
2. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
3. Who is Martha alone with on the beach in Chapter 30?
4. On what date is Olive's journal entry written?
5. Who is Martha's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Godbee?
2. Which of the Manning boys has Martha always liked? Which one is she attracted to this summer?
3. What is the next secret Martha reveals to Godbee regarding what she wants to be one day?
4. What does Martha reveal to Godbee about her family and why does she regret saying it?
5. Name all the Manning brothers and identify the project Jimmy is working on.
6. What is the traditional game played during visits to Godbee's house and why is the first game night of this visit not very successful?
7. How did Godbee get that nickname?
8. What must Olive's mother know about her daughter regarding any friendship with Martha?
9. How does Martha show maturity by thinking of other people in her life?
10. How did Martha know Olive?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)