|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Olive's mother happy with Martha?
(a) Martha brought flowers to Olive's funeral.
(b) Martha visited Olive when she was sick.
(c) Martha was Olive's best friend.
(d) Martha must have done something to make Olive happy.
2. Where did Olive want to live?
(a) On a cliff overlooking the ocean.
(b) In the hollows of Kentucky.
(c) In the desert.
(d) On a mountainside.
3. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do when she can tell that Martha's mind isn't on the game?
(a) Watch TV.
(d) Take a walk.
4. What is the title of the video Jimmy has made?
(a) The World Is Not What You Think It Is.
(b) Just Once More Before I Go.
(c) The Early Bird Gets the Worm.
(d) Last One Out, Turn Off the Lights.
5. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
(a) E-mail and a shower stall.
(b) E-mail and a dishwasher.
(c) Cable TV and a dishwasher.
(d) Electric garage door opener and E-mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
2. Vince's friends who live near Godbee are the ______________ boys.
3. What nickname did Martha secretly refer to her mother as?
4. The page from Olive's journal indicates that Olive wanted to be a _________________.
5. What was Olive's final wish in her diary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day during Martha's visit?
2. What does Martha reveal to Godbee about her family and why does she regret saying it?
3. What is the next secret Martha reveals to Godbee regarding what she wants to be one day?
4. What is The Benton Place?
5. Why does Martha think of Olive as she thinks about the kissing video?
6. What is the name and topic of Jimmy's video?
7. What things did Olive and Martha seem to have in common?
8. What is the first part of Martha's plan to be carried out at the beach?
9. Why does Godbee fill baby food jars with colored water?
10. What is the content of the note that Tate leaves for Martha under Godbee's doormat.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)