|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day of the summer?
(a) Make homemade lemonade.
(b) Eat blueberry pie.
(c) Walk on the beach.
(d) Share a piece of information about themselves.
2. What nickname did Martha secretly refer to her mother as?
(a) Ms. Humpty.
(b) Ms. Honeywell.
(c) Ms. Hubbard.
(d) Ms. Harumph.
3. Which of the following is NOT a possibility that Olive is thinking as Martha speaks up in class?
(a) Olive is glad that Martha is embarrassed.
(b) Olive is feeling sorry for Martha.
(c) Olive knows about Martha's embarrassment.
(d) Olive is horrified about Martha's actions.
4. What color t-shirts has Martha begun wearing?
5. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
(a) she didn't win the end-of-year spelling bee.
(b) some kids at school make fun of her hair.
(c) Olive was too young to die.
(d) her father left the house angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis' decision mean for the family?
2. What secret does Martha share about herself after breakfast?
3. What is the weather like in Chapter 24?
4. What does Goodbee share about herself to Martha in Chapter 22?
5. Who invites Martha to dinner in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could Godbee mean when she tells Martha that this could be their last summer together?
2. Who is Martha's mother and what is her job?
3. How did Godbee end the story she wrote about a girl who moved far from the ocean?
4. What does Martha recall about a conversation she and her best friend Holly had about Olive's death?
5. What are a couple of conveniences that Martha has at her house but that Godbee does not have?
6. What morning ritual do Martha and Lucy have?
7. Who is Vince?
8. What does Martha reveal to Godbee about her family and why does she regret saying it?
9. What is important to Olive's mother about what Martha must have done at some time?
10. What things did Olive and Martha seem to have in common?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)