|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godbee tell Martha she does when she is feeling sad?
(a) She thinks of someone in a worse situation.
(b) She reads the Bible.
(c) She listens to music.
(d) She drives down the coast.
2. What do Martha and Godbee agree to not do anymore?
(a) Share something about themselves every day.
(b) Go skinny dipping in the ocean.
(c) Eat too much ice cream.
(d) Walk barefoot on hot pavement.
3. Godbee shows Martha a letter that Martha wrote when she was _____________ years old.
4. What does the P.S. on the note inside the bag in #170 say?
(a) Your secret is safe with me.
(b) See you next Summer.
(c) I was the one who really liked you.
(d) Thanks for everything.
5. How does Martha feel about the video kiss that Jimmy taped?
(a) She thinks it is romantic.
(b) She blows it off.
(c) She thinks it is funny.
(d) She dreads it.
6. Where does Jimmy suggest that he and Martha go as they walk on the beach?
(a) Under the pier.
(b) The Seahorse Restaurant.
(c) Lovers Lane.
(d) The Benton Place.
7. What task does Martha have when she stays behind at Godbee's house?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Watching Lucy.
(d) Cooking lunch.
8. What does Godbee tell Martha about good-byes?
(a) They are necessary.
(b) They are always difficult.
(c) They are annoying.
(d) They are like dying.
9. What does Martha yell when she returns to her house?
(a) Sorry I'm late.
(b) I'm home.
(c) I'm hungry.
(d) Anybody home.
10. Why does Vince say that he has not mentioned the video kiss?
(a) He was embarrassed to have her for a sister.
(b) He wasn't sure if Martha knew about it.
(c) He didn't want their parents to get mad.
(d) It would be best for Martha.
11. In what state does Martha's family live?
12. What does Martha realize as she paints on the sidewalk?
(a) She was silly to bring the water from the ocean.
(b) She would be Olive's friend if given the opportunity.
(c) No one will ever remember Olive.
(d) She will take another stab at writing the book about Olive.
13. Which of the jars of colored water does Lucy like best?
14. How old is Jimmy?
15. What does Alice whisper to Martha in Chapter 47?
(a) She is available if Martha wants to talk about anything.
(b) She thinks Godbee is too tired to play very long.
(c) She tells her to stop avoiding Vince.
(d) Martha's bra strap is showing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Godbee placed the filled baby food jars on the window sills?
2. How does Martha attempt to hide her embarrassment of the filmed kiss?
3. Where did Godbee get the idea to fill the baby food jars?
4. For which holiday does Martha plan to return to visit Godbee?
5. Who lives in the house where Olive used to live?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)