|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha find in the trash at the house where Olive used to live?
(a) A flag.
(b) A paintbrush.
(c) A step stool.
(d) A tricycle.
2. What does the P.S. on the note inside the bag in #170 say?
(a) I was the one who really liked you.
(b) See you next Summer.
(c) Thanks for everything.
(d) Your secret is safe with me.
3. How old is Jimmy?
4. What is Jimmy's dream?
(a) To be a surgeon.
(b) To be an astronaut.
(c) To be a filmmaker.
(d) To be an actor.
5. What does Martha say about Olive as Jimmy records her statements?
(a) She was a gawky girl.
(b) Twelve is too young to die.
(c) She didn't know who she was.
(d) She was her best friend.
6. With what has Godbee filled all the baby food jars?
(b) Colored water.
7. What does Martha tell her father when they arrive home?
(a) She wants to be a writer.
(b) She wants to move in with Godbee.
(c) She is in love with Tate.
(d) She wants to change schools.
8. Where do Dennis and Vince ask Martha to come along with them?
(b) The Benton Place.
(c) The Riverwalk.
9. What does Martha write on the sidewalk in front of Olive's old house, using a paintbrush and the ocean water?
10. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
(a) A sand dinosaur.
(b) A sand octopus.
(c) A sand castle.
(d) A sand rocket.
11. Why does Martha decide to give up on the story about Olive?
(a) It is taking too long to complete.
(b) It is too hard to do.
(c) It is pretty boring.
(d) It isn't very good.
12. Martha re-reads Olive's journal page, focusing on the statement about wanting to go to ____________________.
(a) a real ocean.
(b) a theme park.
(c) the mountains.
(d) the moon.
13. Why does Jimmy kiss Martha?
(a) He made a bet.
(b) He thinks she is cute.
(c) She asks him to.
(d) He doesn't kiss her.
14. Who has written the note to Martha?
15. What color is the bedroom Martha uses when visiting Godbee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godbee say about the colored water in the jars?
2. Who meets Martha and Jimmy to walk Martha home?
3. What is Martha's favorite restaurant when they visit Godbee?
4. Who does Alice ask to dinner in Chapter 36?
5. Where does Martha find a note addressed to her?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)