|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Jimmy ask Martha in Chapter 39?
(a) If she has ever been kissed.
(b) If she will go to the bonfire with him.
(c) If she will carry his camera.
(d) If she will shoot some video of him surfing.
2. Why does Lucy get upset at the beach?
(a) Her beach ball floats out too far in the water.
(b) She dropped her ice cream cone in the sand.
(c) It starts to rain and she has to go home.
(d) She has sand in her diaper.
3. What does Vince say about Jimmy during dinner?
(a) He is going to boarding school.
(b) He broke his leg today.
(c) He isn't a nice person.
(d) He is his best friend.
4. Why does Vince say that he has not mentioned the video kiss?
(a) He wasn't sure if Martha knew about it.
(b) He didn't want their parents to get mad.
(c) He was embarrassed to have her for a sister.
(d) It would be best for Martha.
5. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
(a) A sand rocket.
(b) A sand dinosaur.
(c) A sand castle.
(d) A sand octopus.
6. In Chapter 48, Martha makes a note for her book that states that James has _________________________.
(a) a really bad temper.
(b) epic film talent.
(c) a killer smile.
(d) a brain the size of a microbe.
7. Why is Martha especially sad to leave Godbee this time?
(a) She is afraid Godbee will die.
(b) She knows she won't be back next Summer.
(c) She sees Godbee crying.
(d) She didn't get to spend enough time with her.
8. What comment does an adult make about Martha and Jimmy that makes them both angry?
(a) A comment about young love.
(b) A comment about how skinny they are.
(c) A comment about t-shirts with sayings on them.
(d) A comment about unkempt hair.
9. What is Godbee doing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
(a) Floating on top of the water.
(b) Dancing at a ball.
(c) Running through a field of sunflowers.
(d) Taking a bubble bath.
10. Where does Jimmy suggest that he and Martha go as they walk on the beach?
(a) The Seahorse Restaurant.
(b) Lovers Lane.
(c) The Benton Place.
(d) Under the pier.
11. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
(a) Anybody can die at any time.
(b) She still owed Olive some money for a ticket.
(c) She should have been nicer to Olive.
(d) Olive had borrowed a couple of her books.
12. What is notable about the blocks in #163?
(a) They are floating away.
(b) There are people trapped in them.
(c) They are melting.
(d) They are heavy.
13. What is Martha's favorite restaurant when they visit Godbee?
(a) Olive Garden.
(b) Captain Jack's.
(c) Woods Hole.
(d) Seagull Inn.
14. Which of the jars of colored water does Lucy like best?
15. What does Martha turn to when she abandons writing the book about Olive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Martha imagine is with her at the location in #160?
2. Who does Martha think of after learning that Jimmy videotaped their kiss?
3. What does Lucy notice about Martha when Martha returns to free her from the sand?
4. Martha asks Godbee for advice on what to do when she's feeling ________________.
5. How does Martha feel about the video kiss that Jimmy taped?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)