|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice warn Martha about before the family goes out to dinner?
(a) Not to chew gum in the restaurant.
(b) Not to argue with Vince.
(c) To put on a dress.
(d) To turn off her cell phone.
2. What task does Martha have when she stays behind at Godbee's house?
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Watching Lucy.
(d) Cooking lunch.
3. What is Martha's favorite restaurant when they visit Godbee?
(a) Olive Garden.
(b) Seagull Inn.
(c) Captain Jack's.
(d) Woods Hole.
4. What does Vince eat for a snack during the game?
(a) Jelly beans.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Potato chips.
5. What does Martha ask Godbee for In Chapter 49?
(a) A recipe book.
(b) A baby food jar.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A head scarf.
6. What comment does an adult make about Martha and Jimmy that makes them both angry?
(a) A comment about unkempt hair.
(b) A comment about t-shirts with sayings on them.
(c) A comment about young love.
(d) A comment about how skinny they are.
7. What does Martha yell when she returns to her house?
(a) I'm home.
(b) Anybody home.
(c) I'm hungry.
(d) Sorry I'm late.
8. Who is waiting on Godbee's porch when the family returns from dinner?
9. In what state does Martha's family live?
10. Godbee shows Martha a letter that Martha wrote when she was _____________ years old.
11. Why does Vince say that he has not mentioned the video kiss?
(a) He didn't want their parents to get mad.
(b) He was embarrassed to have her for a sister.
(c) It would be best for Martha.
(d) He wasn't sure if Martha knew about it.
12. Why does Godbee placed the filled baby food jars on the window sills?
(a) No one can reach them without a stool.
(b) They are to be saved for special occasions.
(c) The sunlight will make colored patches in the roon.
(d) She doesn't want them to get broken.
13. Why does Lucy get upset at the beach?
(a) She dropped her ice cream cone in the sand.
(b) Her beach ball floats out too far in the water.
(c) It starts to rain and she has to go home.
(d) She has sand in her diaper.
14. What frightens Martha at the beach?
(a) She cuts her foot on a seashell.
(b) She can't find Lucy.
(c) She is stung by a jellyfish.
(d) She almost drowns.
15. What does Martha turn to when she abandons writing the book about Olive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha realize as she paints on the sidewalk?
2. How does Martha decide to handle the situation of the video kiss?
3. What does Martha write on the sidewalk in front of Olive's old house, using a paintbrush and the ocean water?
4. Where does Jimmy kiss Martha?
5. Who does Alice ask to dinner in Chapter 36?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)