|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Godbee shows Martha a letter that Martha wrote when she was _____________ years old.
2. What is Jimmy's dream?
(a) To be a surgeon.
(b) To be an actor.
(c) To be a filmmaker.
(d) To be an astronaut.
3. Martha asks Godbee for advice on what to do when she's feeling ________________.
4. How old is Jimmy?
5. What does the person in #118 say to Martha?
(a) He has liked her for several years.
(b) He is sorry about what Jimmy did.
(c) He wants to take her to the bonfire.
(d) He thinks she is cute.
6. What does Martha yell when she returns to her house?
(a) I'm hungry.
(b) Anybody home.
(c) I'm home.
(d) Sorry I'm late.
7. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
(a) She should have been nicer to Olive.
(b) Olive had borrowed a couple of her books.
(c) Anybody can die at any time.
(d) She still owed Olive some money for a ticket.
8. How does Martha decide to handle the situation of the video kiss?
(a) She will block it out.
(b) She will break Jimmy's camera.
(c) She will tell Jimmy's parents.
(d) She will have somebody tape her kissing Tate.
9. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
(a) A sand dinosaur.
(b) A sand octopus.
(c) A sand rocket.
(d) A sand castle.
10. Where did Godbee get the idea to fill the baby food jars?
(a) In a dream.
(b) In a TV program.
(c) In a movie.
(d) In a book.
11. Why is Martha especially sad to leave Godbee this time?
(a) She is afraid Godbee will die.
(b) She knows she won't be back next Summer.
(c) She didn't get to spend enough time with her.
(d) She sees Godbee crying.
12. What is Martha going to do with the jar of ocean water she collects?
(a) Put it on a shelf in her room.
(b) Give it to Olive's mother.
(c) Pour it on Jimmy's video tape.
(d) Use it for a science experiment.
13. Martha re-reads Olive's journal page, focusing on the statement about wanting to go to ____________________.
(a) a real ocean.
(b) the mountains.
(c) the moon.
(d) a theme park.
14. What does the note in #152 say?
(a) Stay away.
(b) The Benton Place at midnight.
(c) I love you.
(d) I think I know what to do.
15. Why can Martha not keep the kiss a secret?
(a) Vince will tell everybody.
(b) Jimmy has a big mouth.
(c) Jimmy filmed it.
(d) A group of people saw them together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Martha and Godbee agree to not do anymore?
2. What does Godbee tell Martha she does when she is feeling sad?
3. What does Martha write on the sidewalk in front of Olive's old house, using a paintbrush and the ocean water?
4. Godbee says that holding on to Martha's letter helps her to be ________________.
5. How does Martha feel on her last day at Godbee's house?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)