|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy get upset at the beach?
(a) She has sand in her diaper.
(b) It starts to rain and she has to go home.
(c) Her beach ball floats out too far in the water.
(d) She dropped her ice cream cone in the sand.
2. What does Martha realize as she paints on the sidewalk?
(a) She will take another stab at writing the book about Olive.
(b) No one will ever remember Olive.
(c) She was silly to bring the water from the ocean.
(d) She would be Olive's friend if given the opportunity.
3. What does Alice whisper to Martha in Chapter 47?
(a) She thinks Godbee is too tired to play very long.
(b) She tells her to stop avoiding Vince.
(c) She is available if Martha wants to talk about anything.
(d) Martha's bra strap is showing.
4. Why is Martha especially sad to leave Godbee this time?
(a) She sees Godbee crying.
(b) She knows she won't be back next Summer.
(c) She didn't get to spend enough time with her.
(d) She is afraid Godbee will die.
5. What place does the family visit two days before leaving Godbee's house?
(a) The Seahorse.
(b) Americana Theme Park.
(c) Sea World.
(d) The Knob.
6. What task does Martha have when she stays behind at Godbee's house?
(a) Cooking lunch.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Watching Lucy.
7. What does Martha write on the sidewalk in front of Olive's old house, using a paintbrush and the ocean water?
8. In what state does Martha's family live?
9. What does Godbee say about the colored water in the jars?
(a) She is going to make some to give away to friends.
(b) She's going to make some for each window.
(c) It's not as pretty as she had hoped.
(d) She needs bigger jars to get a better display.
10. What frightens Martha at the beach?
(a) She is stung by a jellyfish.
(b) She almost drowns.
(c) She cuts her foot on a seashell.
(d) She can't find Lucy.
11. How does Martha feel about Vince's comment about Jimmy in #117?
(a) It embarrasses her.
(b) It makes her happy.
(c) It makes her laugh.
(d) It infuriates her.
12. What does Lucy notice about Martha when Martha returns to free her from the sand?
(a) Her hair is soaking wet.
(b) She has been crying.
(c) Her cheek is bleeding.
(d) She has lost an earring.
13. Where does Jimmy kiss Martha?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the Benton house.
(c) On the patio.
(d) In the stables.
14. What game does Vince want to play with Martha and Godbee in Chapter 47?
(d) Trivial Pursuit.
15. What does Martha tell her father when they arrive home?
(a) She wants to be a writer.
(b) She wants to change schools.
(c) She wants to move in with Godbee.
(d) She is in love with Tate.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which holiday does Martha plan to return to visit Godbee?
2. How does Martha feel on her last day at Godbee's house?
3. Why can Martha not keep the kiss a secret?
4. Which of the jars of colored water does Lucy like best?
5. Martha asks Godbee for advice on what to do when she's feeling ________________.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)