|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Martha going to do with the jar of ocean water she collects?
(a) Use it for a science experiment.
(b) Put it on a shelf in her room.
(c) Pour it on Jimmy's video tape.
(d) Give it to Olive's mother.
2. What does Martha write on the sidewalk in front of Olive's old house, using a paintbrush and the ocean water?
3. What is Martha's favorite restaurant when they visit Godbee?
(a) Seagull Inn.
(b) Captain Jack's.
(c) Olive Garden.
(d) Woods Hole.
4. What does Martha do to Lucy at the beach?
(a) Puts sunscreen on her.
(b) Buries her up to her neck in sand.
(c) Lets her float on a raft.
(d) Buys her a snow cone.
5. What frightens Martha at the beach?
(a) She almost drowns.
(b) She is stung by a jellyfish.
(c) She cuts her foot on a seashell.
(d) She can't find Lucy.
6. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her book about Olive in Chapter 34?
7. Why does Vince say that he has not mentioned the video kiss?
(a) He was embarrassed to have her for a sister.
(b) It would be best for Martha.
(c) He wasn't sure if Martha knew about it.
(d) He didn't want their parents to get mad.
8. What does Alice whisper to Martha in Chapter 47?
(a) She is available if Martha wants to talk about anything.
(b) Martha's bra strap is showing.
(c) She tells her to stop avoiding Vince.
(d) She thinks Godbee is too tired to play very long.
9. Why can Martha not keep the kiss a secret?
(a) Jimmy has a big mouth.
(b) Vince will tell everybody.
(c) A group of people saw them together.
(d) Jimmy filmed it.
10. How does Martha decide to handle the situation of the video kiss?
(a) She will break Jimmy's camera.
(b) She will tell Jimmy's parents.
(c) She will have somebody tape her kissing Tate.
(d) She will block it out.
11. Why does Martha decide to give up on the story about Olive?
(a) It isn't very good.
(b) It is taking too long to complete.
(c) It is too hard to do.
(d) It is pretty boring.
12. What is notable about the blocks in #163?
(a) They are heavy.
(b) They are melting.
(c) They are floating away.
(d) There are people trapped in them.
13. What does Martha realize as she paints on the sidewalk?
(a) She would be Olive's friend if given the opportunity.
(b) She was silly to bring the water from the ocean.
(c) She will take another stab at writing the book about Olive.
(d) No one will ever remember Olive.
14. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
(b) Gummy bears.
(c) Snack crackers.
(d) An empty jar.
15. What does Godbee say about the colored water in the jars?
(a) She is going to make some to give away to friends.
(b) It's not as pretty as she had hoped.
(c) She's going to make some for each window.
(d) She needs bigger jars to get a better display.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godbee tell Martha about good-byes?
2. Martha re-reads Olive's journal page, focusing on the statement about wanting to go to ____________________.
3. What does Lucy notice about Martha when Martha returns to free her from the sand?
4. What does Martha find in the trash at the house where Olive used to live?
5. Who lives in the house where Olive used to live?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)