|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Martha find a note addressed to her?
(a) Taped to the front door.
(b) Under a pot of geraniums.
(c) In the mailbox.
(d) Under the doormat.
2. What does the note in #152 say?
(a) I love you.
(b) I think I know what to do.
(c) The Benton Place at midnight.
(d) Stay away.
3. What does Martha realize as she paints on the sidewalk?
(a) She will take another stab at writing the book about Olive.
(b) No one will ever remember Olive.
(c) She was silly to bring the water from the ocean.
(d) She would be Olive's friend if given the opportunity.
4. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her book about Olive in Chapter 34?
5. What does Godbee tell Martha about good-byes?
(a) They are like dying.
(b) They are always difficult.
(c) They are necessary.
(d) They are annoying.
6. What does Martha realize when she is talking about Olive?
(a) Olive had borrowed a couple of her books.
(b) She still owed Olive some money for a ticket.
(c) She should have been nicer to Olive.
(d) Anybody can die at any time.
7. How does Martha feel on her last day at Godbee's house?
8. What does the person in #118 say to Martha?
(a) He is sorry about what Jimmy did.
(b) He thinks she is cute.
(c) He wants to take her to the bonfire.
(d) He has liked her for several years.
9. Why does Martha decide to give up on the story about Olive?
(a) It is pretty boring.
(b) It is taking too long to complete.
(c) It isn't very good.
(d) It is too hard to do.
10. How does Martha decide to handle the situation of the video kiss?
(a) She will block it out.
(b) She will have somebody tape her kissing Tate.
(c) She will tell Jimmy's parents.
(d) She will break Jimmy's camera.
11. What does the P.S. on the note inside the bag in #170 say?
(a) I was the one who really liked you.
(b) Thanks for everything.
(c) See you next Summer.
(d) Your secret is safe with me.
12. What does Vince eat for a snack during the game?
(a) Jelly beans.
(b) Potato chips.
(c) Ice cream.
13. Who does Alice ask to dinner in Chapter 36?
14. What place does the family visit two days before leaving Godbee's house?
(a) The Knob.
(b) Sea World.
(c) Americana Theme Park.
(d) The Seahorse.
15. Who does Martha imagine is with her at the location in #160?
Short Answer Questions
1. For which holiday does Martha plan to return to visit Godbee?
2. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
3. What does Godbee tell Martha she does when she is feeling sad?
4. What does Martha yell when she returns to her house?
5. Why does Jimmy kiss Martha?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)