|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Martha imagine is with her at the location in #160?
2. Martha has a dream in which she is surrounded by huge blocks of _________________.
3. What does Godbee say about the colored water in the jars?
(a) It's not as pretty as she had hoped.
(b) She's going to make some for each window.
(c) She needs bigger jars to get a better display.
(d) She is going to make some to give away to friends.
4. What does Martha write on the sidewalk in front of Olive's old house, using a paintbrush and the ocean water?
5. Why can Martha not keep the kiss a secret?
(a) A group of people saw them together.
(b) Jimmy filmed it.
(c) Jimmy has a big mouth.
(d) Vince will tell everybody.
6. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
(a) A sand dinosaur.
(b) A sand rocket.
(c) A sand octopus.
(d) A sand castle.
7. In what state does Martha's family live?
8. What is notable about the blocks in #163?
(a) They are melting.
(b) They are heavy.
(c) They are floating away.
(d) There are people trapped in them.
9. What does Martha turn to when she abandons writing the book about Olive?
10. Why does Martha decide to give up on the story about Olive?
(a) It is taking too long to complete.
(b) It isn't very good.
(c) It is pretty boring.
(d) It is too hard to do.
11. Who does Alice ask to dinner in Chapter 36?
12. Who meets Martha and Jimmy to walk Martha home?
13. How does Vince feel about spending time with Jimmy and his video camera?
(a) It is educational.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It is stupid.
(d) It is epic.
14. With what has Godbee filled all the baby food jars?
(a) Colored water.
15. Godbee shows Martha a letter that Martha wrote when she was _____________ years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Godbee get the idea to fill the baby food jars?
2. Martha re-reads Olive's journal page, focusing on the statement about wanting to go to ____________________.
3. How does Martha feel about Vince's comment about Jimmy in #117?
4. Where does Martha find a note addressed to her?
5. What does Martha say about Olive as Jimmy records her statements?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)