|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godbee say about the colored water in the jars?
(a) She is going to make some to give away to friends.
(b) It's not as pretty as she had hoped.
(c) She's going to make some for each window.
(d) She needs bigger jars to get a better display.
2. What task does Martha have when she stays behind at Godbee's house?
(b) Cooking lunch.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Watching Lucy.
3. Why does Jimmy kiss Martha?
(a) He doesn't kiss her.
(b) She asks him to.
(c) He made a bet.
(d) He thinks she is cute.
4. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
(a) Snack crackers.
(b) An empty jar.
(c) Gummy bears.
5. What game does Vince want to play with Martha and Godbee in Chapter 47?
(a) Trivial Pursuit.
6. Who is the new character Martha introduces into her book about Olive in Chapter 34?
7. Who lives in the house where Olive used to live?
(a) Jerry Simpson.
(b) John Waverly.
(c) Jack McBride.
(d) Jay Hall.
8. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
(a) A sand castle.
(b) A sand rocket.
(c) A sand octopus.
(d) A sand dinosaur.
9. What happens to Martha as she waits for Jimmy and a girl to pass by on the beach?
(a) She slips in the water.
(b) A seagull lands on her head.
(c) She trips and falls in the sand.
(d) Her swim suit top falls off.
10. What is Martha going to do with the jar of ocean water she collects?
(a) Give it to Olive's mother.
(b) Pour it on Jimmy's video tape.
(c) Put it on a shelf in her room.
(d) Use it for a science experiment.
11. What place does the family visit two days before leaving Godbee's house?
(a) Americana Theme Park.
(b) Sea World.
(c) The Seahorse.
(d) The Knob.
12. In what state does Martha's family live?
13. For which holiday does Martha plan to return to visit Godbee?
(c) Summer vacation.
14. How does Martha feel about Vince's comment about Jimmy in #117?
(a) It embarrasses her.
(b) It makes her happy.
(c) It infuriates her.
(d) It makes her laugh.
15. What is notable about the blocks in #163?
(a) There are people trapped in them.
(b) They are heavy.
(c) They are melting.
(d) They are floating away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha realize as she paints on the sidewalk?
2. Why does Alice tell Martha that Martha will make a good mother one day?
3. What color is the bedroom Martha uses when visiting Godbee?
4. Godbee says that holding on to Martha's letter helps her to be ________________.
5. What is Godbee wearing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)