|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task does Martha have when she stays behind at Godbee's house?
(a) Watching Lucy.
(b) Cooking lunch.
(d) Washing dishes.
2. Who lives in the house where Olive used to live?
(a) John Waverly.
(b) Jay Hall.
(c) Jack McBride.
(d) Jerry Simpson.
3. What does Alice warn Martha about before the family goes out to dinner?
(a) To turn off her cell phone.
(b) Not to chew gum in the restaurant.
(c) Not to argue with Vince.
(d) To put on a dress.
4. Where do Dennis and Vince ask Martha to come along with them?
(c) The Riverwalk.
(d) The Benton Place.
5. What do Martha and Godbee agree to not do anymore?
(a) Eat too much ice cream.
(b) Go skinny dipping in the ocean.
(c) Walk barefoot on hot pavement.
(d) Share something about themselves every day.
6. Godbee shows Martha a letter that Martha wrote when she was _____________ years old.
7. What is Godbee wearing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
(b) A wedding gown.
(c) A robe.
(d) A swim suit.
8. Martha has a dream in which she is surrounded by huge blocks of _________________.
9. What does Martha say about Olive as Jimmy records her statements?
(a) She was her best friend.
(b) She didn't know who she was.
(c) Twelve is too young to die.
(d) She was a gawky girl.
10. What do Martha and Jimmy build on the beach?
(a) A sand rocket.
(b) A sand castle.
(c) A sand octopus.
(d) A sand dinosaur.
11. Martha asks Godbee for advice on what to do when she's feeling ________________.
12. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
(a) Gummy bears.
(c) An empty jar.
(d) Snack crackers.
13. Why does Jimmy kiss Martha?
(a) He doesn't kiss her.
(b) He made a bet.
(c) He thinks she is cute.
(d) She asks him to.
14. Who meets Martha and Jimmy to walk Martha home?
15. Where does Jimmy suggest that he and Martha go as they walk on the beach?
(a) The Seahorse Restaurant.
(b) The Benton Place.
(c) Under the pier.
(d) Lovers Lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Martha especially sad to leave Godbee this time?
2. What does Martha yell when she returns to her house?
3. What does the P.S. on the note inside the bag in #170 say?
4. What frightens Martha at the beach?
5. What does Godbee tell Martha about good-byes?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)