|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Martha's favorite restaurant when they visit Godbee?
(a) Olive Garden.
(b) Seagull Inn.
(c) Woods Hole.
(d) Captain Jack's.
2. Which of the jars of colored water does Lucy like best?
3. Godbee shows Martha a letter that Martha wrote when she was _____________ years old.
4. What does Lucy notice about Martha when Martha returns to free her from the sand?
(a) Her hair is soaking wet.
(b) Her cheek is bleeding.
(c) She has been crying.
(d) She has lost an earring.
5. Why does Lucy get upset at the beach?
(a) She dropped her ice cream cone in the sand.
(b) Her beach ball floats out too far in the water.
(c) It starts to rain and she has to go home.
(d) She has sand in her diaper.
6. What place does the family visit two days before leaving Godbee's house?
(a) The Knob.
(b) The Seahorse.
(c) Americana Theme Park.
(d) Sea World.
7. Where does Jimmy kiss Martha?
(a) On the beach.
(b) On the patio.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the Benton house.
8. What does Martha do to Lucy at the beach?
(a) Buys her a snow cone.
(b) Lets her float on a raft.
(c) Buries her up to her neck in sand.
(d) Puts sunscreen on her.
9. Why does Godbee placed the filled baby food jars on the window sills?
(a) No one can reach them without a stool.
(b) She doesn't want them to get broken.
(c) They are to be saved for special occasions.
(d) The sunlight will make colored patches in the roon.
10. What game does Vince want to play with Martha and Godbee in Chapter 47?
(a) Trivial Pursuit.
11. What does Vince say about Jimmy during dinner?
(a) He is his best friend.
(b) He is going to boarding school.
(c) He broke his leg today.
(d) He isn't a nice person.
12. What gave Godbee the idea to put colored water into the baby food jars?
(a) A picture that Martha drew as a little girl.
(b) The changing colors of waves in her dream.
(c) She used to do it when she was a girl.
(d) An idea she saw in a magazine.
13. What is Godbee doing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
(a) Running through a field of sunflowers.
(b) Taking a bubble bath.
(c) Dancing at a ball.
(d) Floating on top of the water.
14. What is notable about the blocks in #163?
(a) They are heavy.
(b) They are floating away.
(c) There are people trapped in them.
(d) They are melting.
15. What task does Martha have when she stays behind at Godbee's house?
(a) Washing dishes.
(c) Cooking lunch.
(d) Watching Lucy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha feel on her last day at Godbee's house?
2. Who does Martha think of after learning that Jimmy videotaped their kiss?
3. What does Martha yell when she returns to her house?
4. Where does Jimmy suggest that he and Martha go as they walk on the beach?
5. What does Martha find in the trash at the house where Olive used to live?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)