|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the jars of colored water does Lucy like best?
2. What is notable about the blocks in #163?
(a) There are people trapped in them.
(b) They are melting.
(c) They are heavy.
(d) They are floating away.
3. What does Martha turn to when she abandons writing the book about Olive?
4. What do Martha and Godbee agree to not do anymore?
(a) Walk barefoot on hot pavement.
(b) Share something about themselves every day.
(c) Go skinny dipping in the ocean.
(d) Eat too much ice cream.
5. What does Martha tell her father when they arrive home?
(a) She wants to be a writer.
(b) She wants to move in with Godbee.
(c) She is in love with Tate.
(d) She wants to change schools.
6. What does Vince eat for a snack during the game?
(a) Potato chips.
(c) Jelly beans.
(d) Ice cream.
7. What does Martha carry in her pocket when she takes Lucy for a walk?
(a) Gummy bears.
(c) An empty jar.
(d) Snack crackers.
8. How does Vince feel about spending time with Jimmy and his video camera?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is epic.
(c) It is stupid.
(d) It is educational.
9. Who meets Martha and Jimmy to walk Martha home?
10. What is Godbee wearing in the dream she tells Martha about in Chapter 49?
(a) A robe.
(c) A wedding gown.
(d) A swim suit.
11. Who does Martha imagine is with her at the location in #160?
12. What has stained Godbee's hands?
(a) Furniture polish.
(d) Food coloring.
13. Who has written the note to Martha?
14. What comment does an adult make about Martha and Jimmy that makes them both angry?
(a) A comment about unkempt hair.
(b) A comment about how skinny they are.
(c) A comment about young love.
(d) A comment about t-shirts with sayings on them.
15. In what state does Martha's family live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting on Godbee's porch when the family returns from dinner?
2. Who lives in the house where Olive used to live?
3. What does Godbee say about the colored water in the jars?
4. What does Martha write on the sidewalk in front of Olive's old house, using a paintbrush and the ocean water?
5. The man in #173 says that he is haunted by Olive who was always alone and ______________________.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)