|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
2. Lucy demands that a kiss for Martha be _________________.
(a) a "great one".
(b) a "long one".
(c) a "good one".
(d) a "quick one".
3. What are the only two words Martha has written on the plane trip in Chapter 10?
(a) Miss you.
(b) Olive's ocean.
(c) True love.
(d) Olive Barstow.
4. How old did Olive say she would be when she lived in the location in #22?
5. Who is Martha alone with on the beach in Chapter 30?
6. Who is Martha's best friend?
7. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
(a) They are kissing.
(b) They are walking hand-in-hand.
(c) They are whispering to each other.
(d) They are holding hands.
8. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
(b) swim suit.
9. The first sentence of the book Olive would write is : "The __________________ secret wish was that her bones were hollow like a bird's and that she could just take off and fly away."
(a) old woman's.
10. What was Olive's last name?
11. What mode of transportation does Olive's mother use to leave Martha's house?
12. Dennis says that he is going to give up the idea of writing a book and ____________________.
(a) return to work.
(b) open a travel agency.
(c) build a boat.
(d) return to college.
13. Who invites Martha to dinner in Chapter 28?
(a) The Mannings.
(b) The Moores.
(c) The Alberts.
(d) The MacKenzies.
14. The page from Olive's journal indicates that Olive wanted to be a _________________.
15. Who overhears Martha say that she has a crush on the boy in #85?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Martha's mother?
2. What secret does Martha tell Godbee in Chapter 25?
3. What does Lucy loudly demand that makes her father leave the house?
4. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
5. What does Martha want to be when she grows up?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)