|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis bring with him when he does come home?
(b) A new grill.
(c) A lot of baby banana food.
2. What writing assignment did the teacher make on the day after Martha embarrassed herself by saying that she liked Kyle?
(a) Your Christmas traditions.
(b) Your bucket list.
(c) Your summer vacation.
(d) Your most embarrassing moment.
3. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
(a) some kids at school make fun of her hair.
(b) she didn't win the end-of-year spelling bee.
(c) her father left the house angry.
(d) Olive was too young to die.
4. Marthat can't figure out what she did that made Olive say she was ________________.
5. Which Manning brother is Martha becoming interested in during this visit?
6. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
7. What does Lucy always insist on every morning?
(a) Kissing Martha.
(b) Watching Sesame Street.
(c) Having someone read her a book.
(d) Playing in her bubble bath.
8. What secret does Martha share about herself after breakfast?
(a) She cheated on a math test.
(b) She wants to be a writer.
(c) She likes to watch the stars at night.
(d) She has never kissed a boy.
9. What does Olive's mother say to Martha as she leaves Martha's house?
(a) I'll see you later.
(b) Have a good time tomorrow.
(c) We'll pick you up in the morning.
(d) Thank you, Martha Boyle.
10. When did Olive first come to Martha's school?
11. The page from Olive's journal indicates that Olive wanted to be a _________________.
12. Who is Martha's best friend?
13. Who is Vince?
(a) Martha's father.
(b) Martha's boyfriend.
(c) Martha's brother.
(d) Martha's uncle.
14. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
(d) swim suit.
15. Which boy at school did Martha have a crush on?
(a) Kyle Gilbert.
(b) Seth Nordstrom.
(c) Chad Albert.
(d) Jimmy Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha says that it must have been awful for Olive to be _____________________.
2. Martha recalls Olive as being ___________________.
3. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day of the summer?
4. Jimmy tells Martha that he still has to work on the family part of the video before getting on to the subjects of ______________________.
5. Why does Martha have trouble concentrating during the game?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)