|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Martha alone with on the beach in Chapter 30?
2. Martha recalls Olive as being ___________________.
(a) a loner.
(b) a little bit shy.
(c) a wild child.
(d) very gregarious.
3. Marthat can't figure out what she did that made Olive say she was ________________.
4. Goodbee tells Martha that she had once written a short story about a girl who moved far from the ocean and took ____________________ with her.
(b) a bag of sand.
(d) a bottle of ocean water.
5. Even though Lucy is ready to go swimming first thing in the morning, what does Martha opt to do?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Bake a cake.
(c) Have breakfast with Godbee.
(d) Go back to bed.
6. Where did Olive want to live?
(a) On a cliff overlooking the ocean.
(b) In the hollows of Kentucky.
(c) In the desert.
(d) On a mountainside.
7. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
8. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day of the summer?
(a) Share a piece of information about themselves.
(b) Walk on the beach.
(c) Eat blueberry pie.
(d) Make homemade lemonade.
9. Who is Martha's little sister?
10. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To bed.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the front porch.
11. Which boy at school did Martha have a crush on?
(a) Kyle Gilbert.
(b) Chad Albert.
(c) Jimmy Morrison.
(d) Seth Nordstrom.
12. What information does Godbee share with Martha?
(a) Her garden isn't producing well this year.
(b) Her knees hurt all the time.
(c) She hates her hands.
(d) She bought some new diamond earrings.
13. In what month had Olive died?
14. Which of the following is NOT a possibility that Olive is thinking as Martha speaks up in class?
(a) Olive is horrified about Martha's actions.
(b) Olive is feeling sorry for Martha.
(c) Olive knows about Martha's embarrassment.
(d) Olive is glad that Martha is embarrassed.
15. What was Olive's final wish in her diary?
(a) To be in a beauty contest.
(b) To be an angel in the Christmas pageant.
(c) To be friends with Martha.
(d) To sing in the choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Martha have?
2. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
3. What does Martha want to be when she grows up?
4. How much older is Vince than Martha?
5. What color is the item in #5?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)