|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Vince than Martha?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
2. What information does Godbee share with Martha?
(a) She bought some new diamond earrings.
(b) She hates her hands.
(c) Her garden isn't producing well this year.
(d) Her knees hurt all the time.
3. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
4. Who is Dennis?
(a) Olive's father.
(b) Martha's father.
(c) Martha's brother.
(d) Martha's grandfather.
5. What silly rumor had Holly heard about Olive's death?
(a) Her arm twisted around.
(b) Her eyes popped out.
(c) Her fingers all curled back.
(d) Her head was knocked off.
6. What project is Jimmy Manning working on?
(a) A woodworking project.
(b) A drag race car.
(c) A video.
(d) A cookbook.
7. What was Olive's last name?
8. Vince's friends who live near Godbee are the ______________ boys.
9. Who is the woman at Martha's front door at the beginning of the story?
(a) Olive's mother.
(b) A political rep.
(c) A bus driver.
(d) Jenny's mother.
10. Who is Martha's little sister?
11. What are the only two words Martha has written on the plane trip in Chapter 10?
(a) Olive's ocean.
(b) True love.
(c) Olive Barstow.
(d) Miss you.
12. What does Lucy loudly demand that makes her father leave the house?
(a) Banana baby food.
(b) Dog food.
(c) Her red ball.
(d) A baby doll.
13. When did Olive first come to Martha's school?
14. How many Manning brothers are there?
15. Who invites Martha to dinner in Chapter 28?
(a) The Moores.
(b) The MacKenzies.
(c) The Mannings.
(d) The Alberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha want to be when she grows up?
2. Which of the following is NOT a possibility that Olive is thinking as Martha speaks up in class?
3. What was Olive's final wish in her diary?
4. What color hair does Martha have?
5. What writing assignment did the teacher make on the day after Martha embarrassed herself by saying that she liked Kyle?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)