|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vince's friends who live near Godbee are the ______________ boys.
2. Which type of books did Olive like?
(b) Murder mysteries.
(c) Historical fiction.
(d) Those that evoked emotions.
3. What color is the item in #5?
4. When did Olive first come to Martha's school?
5. Where does Martha's mother work?
(c) Wisconsin Public Radio.
(d) Pottery Barn.
6. What does Martha want to be when she grows up?
(a) An architect.
(b) A surgeon.
(c) A writer.
(d) A music teacher.
7. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
(c) swim suit.
8. Who is Martha's little sister?
9. What was Olive's last name?
10. What writing assignment did the teacher make on the day after Martha embarrassed herself by saying that she liked Kyle?
(a) Your Christmas traditions.
(b) Your bucket list.
(c) Your summer vacation.
(d) Your most embarrassing moment.
11. The first sentence of the book Olive would write is : "The __________________ secret wish was that her bones were hollow like a bird's and that she could just take off and fly away."
(d) old woman's.
12. What does Olive's mother say to Martha as she leaves Martha's house?
(a) I'll see you later.
(b) We'll pick you up in the morning.
(c) Have a good time tomorrow.
(d) Thank you, Martha Boyle.
13. What mode of transportation does Olive's mother use to leave Martha's house?
14. What will Martha decide to take home with her from her visit to Godbee's house?
(a) Photo albums.
(b) A bottle of ocean water.
(c) An old cookbook.
(d) Some sea shells.
15. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
(a) some kids at school make fun of her hair.
(b) her father left the house angry.
(c) she didn't win the end-of-year spelling bee.
(d) Olive was too young to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Martha tell Godbee in Chapter 25?
2. Even though Lucy is ready to go swimming first thing in the morning, what does Martha opt to do?
3. Martha says that it must have been awful for Olive to be _____________________.
4. Why is Olive's mother happy with Martha?
5. The page from Olive's journal indicates that Olive wanted to be a _________________.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)