|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the video Jimmy has made?
(a) Last One Out, Turn Off the Lights.
(b) Just Once More Before I Go.
(c) The World Is Not What You Think It Is.
(d) The Early Bird Gets the Worm.
2. How does Martha describe Olive's voice?
3. What does Lucy loudly demand that makes her father leave the house?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) Banana baby food.
(c) Her red ball.
(d) Dog food.
4. Which boy at school did Martha have a crush on?
(a) Chad Albert.
(b) Jimmy Morrison.
(c) Kyle Gilbert.
(d) Seth Nordstrom.
5. Which of the following is NOT a possibility that Olive is thinking as Martha speaks up in class?
(a) Olive is feeling sorry for Martha.
(b) Olive is horrified about Martha's actions.
(c) Olive knows about Martha's embarrassment.
(d) Olive is glad that Martha is embarrassed.
6. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
7. Who is Martha's mother?
8. Lucy demands that a kiss for Martha be _________________.
(a) a "quick one".
(b) a "great one".
(c) a "long one".
(d) a "good one".
9. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day of the summer?
(a) Eat blueberry pie.
(b) Make homemade lemonade.
(c) Share a piece of information about themselves.
(d) Walk on the beach.
10. What nickname does Martha call her grandmother?
11. What was an important wish for Olive?
(a) Dance in a ballet.
(b) Fly into space.
(c) Visit the ocean.
(d) Run a marathon.
12. What writing assignment did the teacher make on the day after Martha embarrassed herself by saying that she liked Kyle?
(a) Your Christmas traditions.
(b) Your bucket list.
(c) Your most embarrassing moment.
(d) Your summer vacation.
13. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
14. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do when she can tell that Martha's mind isn't on the game?
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Take a walk.
15. Jimmy tells Martha that he still has to work on the family part of the video before getting on to the subjects of ______________________.
(a) love and sports.
(b) death and birth.
(c) truth and love.
(d) death and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Martha's school?
2. Goodbee tells Martha that she had once written a short story about a girl who moved far from the ocean and took ____________________ with her.
3. What is Martha's grandmother's name?
4. Who is Martha's little sister?
5. What does Goodbee share about herself to Martha in Chapter 22?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)