|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godbee suggest that Martha spend some time doing?
2. What are the only two words Martha has written on the plane trip in Chapter 10?
(a) Olive Barstow.
(b) Miss you.
(c) Olive's ocean.
(d) True love.
3. Martha says that it must have been awful for Olive to be _____________________.
(a) so homely.
(b) so lonely.
(c) so shy.
(d) so stupid.
4. What does Dennis' decision mean for the family?
(a) Less time with him.
(b) Better vacations.
(c) More visits with Godbee.
(d) More income.
5. How much older is Vince than Martha?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
6. What secret does Martha share about herself after breakfast?
(a) She likes to watch the stars at night.
(b) She cheated on a math test.
(c) She wants to be a writer.
(d) She has never kissed a boy.
7. Which type of books did Olive like?
(b) Historical fiction.
(c) Those that evoked emotions.
(d) Murder mysteries.
8. What color t-shirts has Martha begun wearing?
9. What street was Martha riding on when she was hit on her bicycle?
(a) Madison Street.
(b) Monroe Street.
(c) Mulberry Street.
(d) Lawson Street.
10. Which Manning brother had Martha liked on previous visits?
11. Which boy at school did Martha have a crush on?
(a) Jimmy Morrison.
(b) Chad Albert.
(c) Kyle Gilbert.
(d) Seth Nordstrom.
12. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
13. What is the title of the video Jimmy has made?
(a) Just Once More Before I Go.
(b) Last One Out, Turn Off the Lights.
(c) The World Is Not What You Think It Is.
(d) The Early Bird Gets the Worm.
14. Where does Martha's mother work?
(b) Wisconsin Public Radio.
(c) Pottery Barn.
15. What will Martha decide to take home with her from her visit to Godbee's house?
(a) An old cookbook.
(b) Photo albums.
(c) A bottle of ocean water.
(d) Some sea shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vince?
2. What is the weather like in Chapter 24?
3. Who is Martha's little sister?
4. What does Olive's mom know about her daughter?
5. What does the woman in #4 give to Martha?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)