|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Olive's mother happy with Martha?
(a) Martha brought flowers to Olive's funeral.
(b) Martha visited Olive when she was sick.
(c) Martha was Olive's best friend.
(d) Martha must have done something to make Olive happy.
2. Where did Olive want to live?
(a) On a cliff overlooking the ocean.
(b) In the hollows of Kentucky.
(c) In the desert.
(d) On a mountainside.
3. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do when she can tell that Martha's mind isn't on the game?
(a) Watch TV.
(d) Take a walk.
4. What is the title of the video Jimmy has made?
(a) The World Is Not What You Think It Is.
(b) Just Once More Before I Go.
(c) The Early Bird Gets the Worm.
(d) Last One Out, Turn Off the Lights.
5. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
(a) E-mail and a shower stall.
(b) E-mail and a dishwasher.
(c) Cable TV and a dishwasher.
(d) Electric garage door opener and E-mail.
6. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
(a) she didn't win the end-of-year spelling bee.
(b) some kids at school make fun of her hair.
(c) Olive was too young to die.
(d) her father left the house angry.
7. Vince's friends who live near Godbee are the ______________ boys.
8. What nickname did Martha secretly refer to her mother as?
(a) Ms. Hubbard.
(b) Ms. Honeywell.
(c) Ms. Harumph.
(d) Ms. Humpty.
9. The page from Olive's journal indicates that Olive wanted to be a _________________.
10. What was Olive's final wish in her diary?
(a) To sing in the choir.
(b) To be friends with Martha.
(c) To be an angel in the Christmas pageant.
(d) To be in a beauty contest.
11. Why does Martha have trouble concentrating during the game?
(a) She's worried because her father is still out.
(b) She can't stop thinking about Olive.
(c) She would rather be with Vince and the Mannings.
(d) She has a headache.
12. Martha speaks up in class to say that the writing assignment in #91 is _________________.
(b) too hard.
(d) too long.
13. Why does Martha feel the need to make the most of her time with Goodbee?
(a) She is not close to her other family members.
(b) Godbee is old and will die someday.
(c) Martha won't be coming for visits anymore.
(d) Godbee is the only grandmother she has.
14. Who is the woman at Martha's front door at the beginning of the story?
(a) Jenny's mother.
(b) Olive's mother.
(c) A political rep.
(d) A bus driver.
15. What is Martha's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
2. What is the content of Jimmy's video?
3. Dennis says that he is going to give up the idea of writing a book and ____________________.
4. How did Martha know Olive?
5. What does Goodbee share about herself to Martha in Chapter 22?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)