|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
2. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
(a) They are kissing.
(b) They are whispering to each other.
(c) They are walking hand-in-hand.
(d) They are holding hands.
3. Why is Olive's mother happy with Martha?
(a) Martha visited Olive when she was sick.
(b) Martha must have done something to make Olive happy.
(c) Martha brought flowers to Olive's funeral.
(d) Martha was Olive's best friend.
4. Who is Vince?
(a) Martha's boyfriend.
(b) Martha's father.
(c) Martha's uncle.
(d) Martha's brother.
5. What color is the item in #5?
6. Lucy demands that a kiss for Martha be _________________.
(a) a "great one".
(b) a "quick one".
(c) a "long one".
(d) a "good one".
7. What is the title of the video Jimmy has made?
(a) The Early Bird Gets the Worm.
(b) Just Once More Before I Go.
(c) The World Is Not What You Think It Is.
(d) Last One Out, Turn Off the Lights.
8. What project is Jimmy Manning working on?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) A video.
(c) A drag race car.
(d) A woodworking project.
9. What are the only two words Martha has written on the plane trip in Chapter 10?
(a) Olive's ocean.
(b) True love.
(c) Olive Barstow.
(d) Miss you.
10. How does Martha describe Olive's voice?
11. What will Martha decide to take home with her from her visit to Godbee's house?
(a) Some sea shells.
(b) Photo albums.
(c) A bottle of ocean water.
(d) An old cookbook.
12. What is Martha's last name?
13. Why does Martha have trouble concentrating during the game?
(a) She's worried because her father is still out.
(b) She would rather be with Vince and the Mannings.
(c) She can't stop thinking about Olive.
(d) She has a headache.
14. Who does Martha hope will call her in Chapter 23?
15. Which of the following is NOT a possibility that Olive is thinking as Martha speaks up in class?
(a) Olive is feeling sorry for Martha.
(b) Olive is horrified about Martha's actions.
(c) Olive knows about Martha's embarrassment.
(d) Olive is glad that Martha is embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis' decision mean for the family?
2. Which boy at school did Martha have a crush on?
3. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
4. Goodbee tells Martha that she had once written a short story about a girl who moved far from the ocean and took ____________________ with her.
5. In what month had Olive died?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)