|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Martha's grandmother's name?
(a) Dinah Brown.
(b) Delores Bartin.
(c) Dorothy Boyle.
(d) Dede Bowdoin.
2. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
3. Martha recalls Olive as being ___________________.
(a) a wild child.
(b) a little bit shy.
(c) very gregarious.
(d) a loner.
4. What does Lucy loudly demand that makes her father leave the house?
(a) Dog food.
(b) Her red ball.
(c) A baby doll.
(d) Banana baby food.
5. What is the content of Jimmy's video?
(b) Family life.
(c) Historical characters.
(d) Urban legends.
6. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
7. In what month had Olive died?
8. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
9. What does Dennis' decision mean for the family?
(a) More visits with Godbee.
(b) Less time with him.
(c) More income.
(d) Better vacations.
10. In the book she begins to write, Martha creates Olive's character to be a/an _____________________.
11. What are the only two words Martha has written on the plane trip in Chapter 10?
(a) Miss you.
(b) Olive's ocean.
(c) Olive Barstow.
(d) True love.
12. How did Martha know Olive?
(a) They went to the same church.
(b) Their grandmothers are friends.
(c) They were in the same pre-school class.
(d) They attended school together.
13. Which Manning brother had Martha liked on previous visits?
14. What color hair does Martha have?
15. What nickname did Martha secretly refer to her mother as?
(a) Ms. Hubbard.
(b) Ms. Humpty.
(c) Ms. Honeywell.
(d) Ms. Harumph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an important wish for Olive?
2. On what date is Olive's journal entry written?
3. What is the title of the video Jimmy has made?
4. Marthat can't figure out what she did that made Olive say she was ________________.
5. What was Olive's last name?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)