|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Martha's mother work?
(a) Wisconsin Public Radio.
(b) Pottery Barn.
2. What are the only two words Martha has written on the plane trip in Chapter 10?
(a) Olive's ocean.
(b) True love.
(c) Miss you.
(d) Olive Barstow.
3. The page from Olive's journal indicates that Olive wanted to be a _________________.
4. Whose initials does Martha write in the sand in Chapter 28?
(a) Jeff Kramer's.
(b) Kyle Gilbert's.
(c) Jimmy Manning's.
(d) Bobby Morrisey's.
5. Who is Martha's mother?
6. Which of the following is NOT a possibility that Olive is thinking as Martha speaks up in class?
(a) Olive is feeling sorry for Martha.
(b) Olive knows about Martha's embarrassment.
(c) Olive is horrified about Martha's actions.
(d) Olive is glad that Martha is embarrassed.
7. What does Lucy always insist on every morning?
(a) Playing in her bubble bath.
(b) Watching Sesame Street.
(c) Having someone read her a book.
(d) Kissing Martha.
8. What does the woman in #4 tell Martha about Olive?
(a) She was a gymnast.
(b) She wrote music.
(c) She adopted kittens.
(d) She left a journal.
9. Why is Olive's mother happy with Martha?
(a) Martha was Olive's best friend.
(b) Martha visited Olive when she was sick.
(c) Martha brought flowers to Olive's funeral.
(d) Martha must have done something to make Olive happy.
10. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
(a) They are kissing.
(b) They are holding hands.
(c) They are whispering to each other.
(d) They are walking hand-in-hand.
11. Lucy demands that a kiss for Martha be _________________.
(a) a "great one".
(b) a "long one".
(c) a "quick one".
(d) a "good one".
12. What will Martha decide to take home with her from her visit to Godbee's house?
(a) Some sea shells.
(b) A bottle of ocean water.
(c) Photo albums.
(d) An old cookbook.
13. What is the name of Martha's school?
(a) Middlebury Middle School.
(b) Susan B. Anthony Middle School.
(c) Washington Heights Middle School.
(d) Lakota West Middle School.
14. Martha speaks up in class to say that the writing assignment in #91 is _________________.
(c) too hard.
(d) too long.
15. How much older is Vince than Martha?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vince?
2. What does Olive's mother say to Martha as she leaves Martha's house?
3. What is the content of Jimmy's video?
4. Vince's friends who live near Godbee are the ______________ boys.
5. What does Dennis bring with him when he does come home?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)