|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boy at school did Martha have a crush on?
(a) Kyle Gilbert.
(b) Chad Albert.
(c) Jimmy Morrison.
(d) Seth Nordstrom.
2. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
3. Which of the following is NOT a possibility that Olive is thinking as Martha speaks up in class?
(a) Olive is horrified about Martha's actions.
(b) Olive is glad that Martha is embarrassed.
(c) Olive is feeling sorry for Martha.
(d) Olive knows about Martha's embarrassment.
4. What was an important wish for Olive?
(a) Visit the ocean.
(b) Run a marathon.
(c) Fly into space.
(d) Dance in a ballet.
5. Martha tells Godbee that she plans to write a book about _____________________.
(a) Christmas traditions.
(b) a girl named Olive.
(d) learning to speak French.
6. What secret does Martha tell Godbee in Chapter 25?
(a) She faked having a fever so she didn't have to go to school.
(b) She once drove the car around the block.
(c) She doesn't always like her mother.
(d) She likes Jimmy Manning.
7. What does Lucy always insist on every morning?
(a) Kissing Martha.
(b) Having someone read her a book.
(c) Watching Sesame Street.
(d) Playing in her bubble bath.
8. What is the weather like in Chapter 24?
(c) Very foggy.
(d) Blazing hot.
9. What will Martha decide to take home with her from her visit to Godbee's house?
(a) A bottle of ocean water.
(b) Photo albums.
(c) Some sea shells.
(d) An old cookbook.
10. Which Manning brother is Martha becoming interested in during this visit?
11. Which Manning brother had Martha liked on previous visits?
12. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do when she can tell that Martha's mind isn't on the game?
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Take a walk.
13. On what date is Olive's journal entry written?
(a) September 15.
(b) December 23.
(c) August 20.
(d) June 7.
14. What does Dennis' decision mean for the family?
(a) More visits with Godbee.
(b) Better vacations.
(c) Less time with him.
(d) More income.
15. What project is Jimmy Manning working on?
(a) A video.
(b) A drag race car.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) A woodworking project.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goodbee share about herself to Martha in Chapter 22?
2. Who is Martha's best friend?
3. What does Lucy loudly demand that makes her father leave the house?
4. What color t-shirts has Martha begun wearing?
5. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)