|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha tell Goodbee about her family?
(a) She is afraid they will leave her.
(b) She loves them.
(c) She hates them.
(d) She gets along with them most of the time.
2. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
(a) E-mail and a dishwasher.
(b) Electric garage door opener and E-mail.
(c) Cable TV and a dishwasher.
(d) E-mail and a shower stall.
3. What was Olive's final wish in her diary?
(a) To be friends with Martha.
(b) To sing in the choir.
(c) To be an angel in the Christmas pageant.
(d) To be in a beauty contest.
4. What is the name of Martha's school?
(a) Susan B. Anthony Middle School.
(b) Middlebury Middle School.
(c) Lakota West Middle School.
(d) Washington Heights Middle School.
5. What is the weather like in Chapter 24?
(b) Very foggy.
(d) Blazing hot.
6. Jimmy tells Martha that he still has to work on the family part of the video before getting on to the subjects of ______________________.
(a) death and birth.
(b) truth and love.
(c) love and sports.
(d) death and love.
7. Whose initials does Martha write in the sand in Chapter 28?
(a) Bobby Morrisey's.
(b) Jeff Kramer's.
(c) Kyle Gilbert's.
(d) Jimmy Manning's.
8. Why does Martha have trouble concentrating during the game?
(a) She would rather be with Vince and the Mannings.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She can't stop thinking about Olive.
(d) She's worried because her father is still out.
9. Who is Martha's little sister?
10. On what date is Olive's journal entry written?
(a) June 7.
(b) August 20.
(c) September 15.
(d) December 23.
11. Lucy demands that a kiss for Martha be _________________.
(a) a "quick one".
(b) a "good one".
(c) a "great one".
(d) a "long one".
12. Who does Martha focus on while speaking up in class?
13. What does Jimmy film to be included in the "death" segment of his movie?
(a) Putting bees in jars.
(b) Pulling wings off flies.
(c) Boiling lobsters.
(d) Slicing worms.
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the Manning brothers?
15. Who is Martha's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olive's mom know about her daughter?
2. Who overhears Martha say that she has a crush on the boy in #85?
3. Who is the woman at Martha's front door at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Lucy always insist on every morning?
5. What does Godbee suggest that Martha spend some time doing?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)