|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dennis says that he is going to give up the idea of writing a book and ____________________.
(a) build a boat.
(b) return to work.
(c) open a travel agency.
(d) return to college.
2. Martha loves to visit her grandmother who lives near the _____________________.
(a) Grand Canyon.
(b) Pacific Ocean.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Atlantic Ocean.
3. Martha says that it must have been awful for Olive to be _____________________.
(a) so shy.
(b) so lonely.
(c) so stupid.
(d) so homely.
4. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To bed.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the front porch.
5. On what date is Olive's journal entry written?
(a) September 15.
(b) June 7.
(c) December 23.
(d) August 20.
6. What will Martha decide to take home with her from her visit to Godbee's house?
(a) A bottle of ocean water.
(b) Photo albums.
(c) An old cookbook.
(d) Some sea shells.
7. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
8. How did Martha know Olive?
(a) They attended school together.
(b) Their grandmothers are friends.
(c) They went to the same church.
(d) They were in the same pre-school class.
9. What street was Martha riding on when she was hit on her bicycle?
(a) Monroe Street.
(b) Madison Street.
(c) Lawson Street.
(d) Mulberry Street.
10. Even though Lucy is ready to go swimming first thing in the morning, what does Martha opt to do?
(a) Bake a cake.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Go back to bed.
(d) Have breakfast with Godbee.
11. Where does Martha's mother work?
(c) Pottery Barn.
(d) Wisconsin Public Radio.
12. Who is Martha's little sister?
13. Which Manning brother had Martha liked on previous visits?
14. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
15. What does Godbee suggest that Martha spend some time doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Olive's final wish in her diary?
2. Jimmy tells Martha that he still has to work on the family part of the video before getting on to the subjects of ______________________.
3. What silly rumor had Holly heard about Olive's death?
4. What does Goodbee share about herself to Martha in Chapter 22?
5. What does Olive's mother say to Martha as she leaves Martha's house?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)