|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game is played during every visit with Godbee?
2. What does Godbee suggest that Martha spend some time doing?
3. Martha tells Godbee that she plans to write a book about _____________________.
(a) learning to speak French.
(b) Christmas traditions.
(d) a girl named Olive.
4. In what month had Olive died?
5. Martha says that it must have been awful for Olive to be _____________________.
(a) so lonely.
(b) so stupid.
(c) so shy.
(d) so homely.
6. What does Martha want to be when she grows up?
(a) A music teacher.
(b) A surgeon.
(c) An architect.
(d) A writer.
7. How many Manning brothers are there?
8. Who invites Martha to dinner in Chapter 28?
(a) The Mannings.
(b) The MacKenzies.
(c) The Alberts.
(d) The Moores.
9. What is the title of the video Jimmy has made?
(a) Last One Out, Turn Off the Lights.
(b) Just Once More Before I Go.
(c) The Early Bird Gets the Worm.
(d) The World Is Not What You Think It Is.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the Manning brothers?
11. How does Martha describe Olive's voice?
12. Where did Olive want to live?
(a) On a cliff overlooking the ocean.
(b) In the hollows of Kentucky.
(c) On a mountainside.
(d) In the desert.
13. How does Martha know that everything is OK again between her parents?
(a) They are holding hands.
(b) They are whispering to each other.
(c) They are walking hand-in-hand.
(d) They are kissing.
14. What writing assignment did the teacher make on the day after Martha embarrassed herself by saying that she liked Kyle?
(a) Your most embarrassing moment.
(b) Your summer vacation.
(c) Your Christmas traditions.
(d) Your bucket list.
15. What will Martha decide to take home with her from her visit to Godbee's house?
(a) A bottle of ocean water.
(b) Some sea shells.
(c) Photo albums.
(d) An old cookbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha tell Goodbee about her family?
2. What does Lucy loudly demand that makes her father leave the house?
3. What does Martha read in Chapter 3?
4. Whose initials does Martha write in the sand in Chapter 28?
5. Who does Martha hope will call her in Chapter 23?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)