|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Martha decide to take home with her from her visit to Godbee's house?
(a) A bottle of ocean water.
(b) Some sea shells.
(c) An old cookbook.
(d) Photo albums.
2. Who overhears Martha say that she has a crush on the boy in #85?
3. In what month had Olive died?
4. Who is Martha's best friend?
5. What writing assignment did the teacher make on the day after Martha embarrassed herself by saying that she liked Kyle?
(a) Your most embarrassing moment.
(b) Your summer vacation.
(c) Your Christmas traditions.
(d) Your bucket list.
6. Martha speaks up in class to say that the writing assignment in #91 is _________________.
(a) too hard.
(c) too long.
7. When did Olive first come to Martha's school?
8. Martha tells Godbee that she plans to write a book about _____________________.
(a) Christmas traditions.
(b) learning to speak French.
(c) a girl named Olive.
9. Jimmy tells Martha that he still has to work on the family part of the video before getting on to the subjects of ______________________.
(a) death and love.
(b) truth and love.
(c) death and birth.
(d) love and sports.
10. What does Olive's mom know about her daughter?
(a) She was not very popular.
(b) She was a straight-A student.
(c) She was very competitive.
(d) She was a gifted singer.
11. What was Olive's last name?
12. Where did Olive want to live?
(a) On a mountainside.
(b) On a cliff overlooking the ocean.
(c) In the hollows of Kentucky.
(d) In the desert.
13. What game is played during every visit with Godbee?
14. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
15. What was Olive's final wish in her diary?
(a) To be in a beauty contest.
(b) To be an angel in the Christmas pageant.
(c) To sing in the choir.
(d) To be friends with Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goodbee tells Martha that she had once written a short story about a girl who moved far from the ocean and took ____________________ with her.
2. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
3. Martha says that it must have been awful for Olive to be _____________________.
4. What is Martha's grandmother's name?
5. Who is Vince?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)