|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project is Jimmy Manning working on?
(a) A drag race car.
(b) A video.
(c) A woodworking project.
(d) A cookbook.
2. What is Martha's grandmother's name?
(a) Dede Bowdoin.
(b) Dinah Brown.
(c) Dorothy Boyle.
(d) Delores Bartin.
3. What color is the item in #5?
4. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
(d) swim suit.
5. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day of the summer?
(a) Make homemade lemonade.
(b) Walk on the beach.
(c) Share a piece of information about themselves.
(d) Eat blueberry pie.
6. In what month had Olive died?
7. Vince's friends who live near Godbee are the ______________ boys.
8. What street was Martha riding on when she was hit on her bicycle?
(a) Lawson Street.
(b) Madison Street.
(c) Monroe Street.
(d) Mulberry Street.
9. Where does Martha's mother work?
(a) Wisconsin Public Radio.
(c) Pottery Barn.
10. Why is Olive's mother happy with Martha?
(a) Martha brought flowers to Olive's funeral.
(b) Martha visited Olive when she was sick.
(c) Martha was Olive's best friend.
(d) Martha must have done something to make Olive happy.
11. Which Manning brother had Martha liked on previous visits?
12. What was Olive's last name?
13. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
14. Jimmy tells Martha that he still has to work on the family part of the video before getting on to the subjects of ______________________.
(a) death and love.
(b) death and birth.
(c) love and sports.
(d) truth and love.
15. What secret does Martha tell Godbee in Chapter 25?
(a) She once drove the car around the block.
(b) She doesn't always like her mother.
(c) She likes Jimmy Manning.
(d) She faked having a fever so she didn't have to go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha write on the sidewalk when she takes Lucy for a ride in the stroller?
2. What does the woman in #4 give to Martha?
3. Martha tells Godbee that she plans to write a book about _____________________.
4. The first sentence of the book Olive would write is : "The __________________ secret wish was that her bones were hollow like a bird's and that she could just take off and fly away."
5. Martha loves to visit her grandmother who lives near the _____________________.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)