|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do when she can tell that Martha's mind isn't on the game?
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Watch TV.
2. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
(a) Olive was too young to die.
(b) some kids at school make fun of her hair.
(c) her father left the house angry.
(d) she didn't win the end-of-year spelling bee.
3. What does Martha read in Chapter 3?
(a) Christmas stories.
(b) A murder mystery.
(c) Olive's journal page.
(d) A magazine.
4. Which two things are missing from Godbee's house that Martha has at hers?
(a) E-mail and a shower stall.
(b) E-mail and a dishwasher.
(c) Cable TV and a dishwasher.
(d) Electric garage door opener and E-mail.
5. What does Martha tell Goodbee about her family?
(a) She hates them.
(b) She loves them.
(c) She is afraid they will leave her.
(d) She gets along with them most of the time.
6. What color hair does Martha have?
7. What color t-shirts has Martha begun wearing?
8. What does Godbee suggest that Martha spend some time doing?
9. Why does Martha have trouble concentrating during the game?
(a) She's worried because her father is still out.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) She can't stop thinking about Olive.
(d) She would rather be with Vince and the Mannings.
10. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
11. Who does Martha hope will call her in Chapter 23?
12. What was Olive's final wish in her diary?
(a) To be an angel in the Christmas pageant.
(b) To be friends with Martha.
(c) To be in a beauty contest.
(d) To sing in the choir.
13. What nickname does Martha call her grandmother?
14. Which Manning brother had Martha liked on previous visits?
15. Lucy demands that a kiss for Martha be _________________.
(a) a "good one".
(b) a "long one".
(c) a "great one".
(d) a "quick one".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dennis?
2. The page from Olive's journal indicates that Olive wanted to be a _________________.
3. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
4. What is the weather like in Chapter 24?
5. Where does Martha's mother work?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)