|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha is upset because Vince refused to stay and play Parcheesi and that ________________________.
(a) she didn't win the end-of-year spelling bee.
(b) some kids at school make fun of her hair.
(c) Olive was too young to die.
(d) her father left the house angry.
2. What does Lucy always insist on every morning?
(a) Kissing Martha.
(b) Playing in her bubble bath.
(c) Watching Sesame Street.
(d) Having someone read her a book.
3. What does Godbee suggest that she and Martha do every day of the summer?
(a) Make homemade lemonade.
(b) Eat blueberry pie.
(c) Share a piece of information about themselves.
(d) Walk on the beach.
4. Who is Dennis?
(a) Olive's father.
(b) Martha's brother.
(c) Martha's father.
(d) Martha's grandfather.
5. What is the weather like in Chapter 24?
(b) Very foggy.
(c) Blazing hot.
6. Tate Manning compliments Martha on the color of her _______________.
(c) swim suit.
7. In the book she begins to write, Martha creates Olive's character to be a/an _____________________.
8. Where does Alice take Lucy during the game?
(a) To bed.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the bathroom.
9. Why does Martha feel the need to make the most of her time with Goodbee?
(a) She is not close to her other family members.
(b) Godbee is the only grandmother she has.
(c) Godbee is old and will die someday.
(d) Martha won't be coming for visits anymore.
10. On what date is Olive's journal entry written?
(a) December 23.
(b) September 15.
(c) August 20.
(d) June 7.
11. Who is Martha's mother?
12. Who is Martha's best friend?
13. What does Jimmy film to be included in the "death" segment of his movie?
(a) Pulling wings off flies.
(b) Boiling lobsters.
(c) Slicing worms.
(d) Putting bees in jars.
14. What secret does Martha tell Godbee in Chapter 25?
(a) She once drove the car around the block.
(b) She likes Jimmy Manning.
(c) She faked having a fever so she didn't have to go to school.
(d) She doesn't always like her mother.
15. What does Goodbee share about herself to Martha in Chapter 22?
(a) She no longer has much sense of taste or smell.
(b) She once dyed her hair purple.
(c) She forgets to wear socks sometimes.
(d) She is taking pottery lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game is played during every visit with Godbee?
2. What is the title of the video Jimmy has made?
3. How old did Olive say she would be when she lived in the location in #22?
4. Who is the woman at Martha's front door at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Martha's grandmother's name?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)