|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month had Olive died?
2. What does Olive's mother say to Martha as she leaves Martha's house?
(a) We'll pick you up in the morning.
(b) Have a good time tomorrow.
(c) I'll see you later.
(d) Thank you, Martha Boyle.
3. How did Martha know Olive?
(a) They were in the same pre-school class.
(b) They attended school together.
(c) They went to the same church.
(d) Their grandmothers are friends.
4. What does the woman in #4 tell Martha about Olive?
(a) She wrote music.
(b) She adopted kittens.
(c) She left a journal.
(d) She was a gymnast.
5. Reading Olive's journal page makes Martha feel ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The page from Olive's journal indicates that Olive wanted to be a _________________.
2. What nickname does Martha call her grandmother?
3. In her diary, who did Olive say was the nicest person in her class?
4. Martha loves to visit her grandmother who lives near the _____________________.
5. What silly rumor had Holly heard about Olive's death?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)