|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
(a) She does not want to leave Mrs. Maylie's house.
(b) She does not want her bad name to tarnish his career.
(c) She is afraid he will stop loving her when she gets older.
(d) She does not love him.
2. Why is Fagin so invested in seeing to Oliver's return to his house?
(a) He hates to see street filth living the high life.
(b) He has taken a liking to Oliver.
(c) Monks is paying him to do so.
(d) It is a matter of pride that he not lose a boy.
3. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
(a) Work with him to free Dodger from jail.
(b) Poison Bill and join him.
(c) Find some evidence to lock Bill up.
(d) Get some information about Oliver.
4. How is Monks related to Oliver?
(a) Oliver is his cousin.
(b) Oliver is his son.
(c) Oliver is his brother.
(d) Oliver is his nephew.
5. What is Oliver's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nancy ask to see at the hotel while Bill is home sick?
2. Who cares for Oliver once the police leave after their investigation of the crime scene?
3. What does Fagin ask of Oliver before he is hung?
4. Why does Bill run away from a soap salesman in a pub?
5. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)