|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fagin want to convince Nancy to do when he leaves Bill's house on Sunday night?
(a) Work with him to free Dodger from jail.
(b) Get some information about Oliver.
(c) Poison Bill and join him.
(d) Find some evidence to lock Bill up.
2. What do all the men in Mrs. Maylie's house do after Oliver's nightmare?
(a) Search the premises for Fagin.
(b) Lock all the windows.
(c) Set up a guard around the house.
(d) Lock Oliver in his room.
3. Who does Nancy meet when she is able to leave the house on the second Sunday Oliver is in town?
(a) Harry and Monks.
(b) Rose and Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Charlotte and Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Oliver and Rose.
4. What does Rose offer Nancy that she refuses?
5. Why does Bill run away from a soap salesman in a pub?
(a) He mentions Fagin's name.
(b) He asks about Nancy.
(c) He eyes him suspiciously.
(d) He sees the blood stains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oliver want to see most at the old workhouse?
2. How does Mr. Brownlow know who Oliver's mother is?
3. Who accompanies Mr. Bumble when he tells the story of Oliver's birth?
4. What does Sally give to Mrs. Corney when she dies?
5. Who adopts Oliver at the end of the book?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)