|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent to check on Dodger after he is captured?
2. Why is Fagin so invested in seeing to Oliver's return to his house?
(a) He has taken a liking to Oliver.
(b) It is a matter of pride that he not lose a boy.
(c) Monks is paying him to do so.
(d) He hates to see street filth living the high life.
3. Why does Rose refuse Harry's proposal of marriage to her?
(a) She does not want her bad name to tarnish his career.
(b) She does not want to leave Mrs. Maylie's house.
(c) She is afraid he will stop loving her when she gets older.
(d) She does not love him.
4. Where does Mrs. Maylie choose to live at the end of the book?
(a) At her house with Oliver.
(b) With Mr. Brownlow in the West Indies.
(c) In a new house in London.
(d) With Rose and Harry.
5. Where does Monks' father die?
(d) West Indies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Bumble feel about his new marriage?
2. Why does Mr. Brownlow go to the West Indies?
3. Why does Bill run away from a soap salesman in a pub?
4. What is Mrs. Maylie's son's name?
5. How long is Rose planning on being in London when she speaks with Nancy?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)