|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oliver given on the day of the big robbery?
(a) A robbery kit.
(b) A large meal.
(c) New clothes.
(d) New shoes.
2. What is the first job Fagin gives to Oliver on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Cleaning the purses Dodger made.
(c) Advertising the found goods.
(d) Taking monograms out of handkerchiefs.
3. Where do Bill and Oliver eat dinner just before the big robbery?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) An open market.
(c) A pub.
(d) The side of the road.
4. How much is the parish willing to offer to someone to take Oliver off their hands?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
5. How does the dying woman tell Mrs. Corney her secret?
(a) Whispers in her ear.
(b) Sings it.
(c) Writes it on paper.
(d) Screams it in fits of pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fagin tell about the botched robbery in hopes of assistance?
2. Where does Oliver sleep when he lives with the Sowerberrys?
3. What does Mr. Bumble plan to do when he reaches the Sowerberry home after Oliver's attack?
4. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
5. What is the name of the magistrate who hears Oliver's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him when they are traveling to the site of the big robbery?
2. What do Rose and the others decide to do about the news that Nancy has brought them?
3. What happens when Bill and Nancy see Oliver on the street when Oliver is sent on his errand to the booksellers?
4. What does Rose say is the only way she will agree to marry Harry, and why does she feel this way?
5. Why does Mr. Brownlow leave so suddenly for the West Indies?
6. What do Dodger and Charley do to try and get Oliver to stay in their gang?
7. How does Oliver feel when he is apprenticed to Mr. Sowerberry?
8. How does Dickens excuse Dodger and Charley's reaction to the events after the theft of the handkerchief?
9. What is the game that Fagin teaches Oliver, and what is it meant to teach?
10. What condition is given in Oliver's father's will about his son receiving an inheritance?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)