|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
2. What position does Mr. Bumble hope to fill once the man who currently works that position is dead?
(a) The head of the workhouse.
(b) The administrator for punishment in the workhouse.
(c) The ambassador for the poor.
(d) The tax collector of the paupers.
3. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
(a) To be a witness at a hearing for Oliver.
(b) To bring Oliver back to their parish.
(c) To transfer two sick children to a different parish.
(d) To petition a raise in his monthly stipend.
4. What does Mr. Sowerberry do when he returns home and hears what has happened while he was gone?
(a) Kicks Oliver out of his house.
(b) Flogs Oliver.
(c) Sends Mr. Bumble away.
(d) Yells at his wife.
5. What does Fagin strike Oliver with when he tries to run away?
(a) A book.
(b) His hand.
(c) A club.
(d) A cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dodger and Charley tease Oliver about when Nancy brings him back to Fagin's house?
2. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
3. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
4. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him as they travel to the site of the big robbery?
5. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nancy say when she hears about what happened to Oliver at the robbery?
2. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
3. What do Dodger and Charley do to try and get Oliver to stay in their gang?
4. Where is Oliver's mother found before she gives birth, and what is her condition?
5. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
6. What does Nancy do when Bill refuses to let her out of the house on Sunday night?
7. What information does Mr. Brownlow need from Fagin before Fagin is hung?
8. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him when they are traveling to the site of the big robbery?
9. What does Fagin do when he hears about what happened to Oliver during the botched robbery?
10. Why does Fagin think he needs to use Oliver in his next big robbery with Bill?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)