|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Sowerberry's occupation?
(a) Workhouse Administrator.
(c) Coal Shoveler.
(d) Chimney Sweep.
2. What does Oliver tell Rose and the doctor when he comes to after being treated for his wounds?
(a) What he would like to become.
(b) The story he was taught by Fagin to tell.
(c) His thought out apology.
(d) His life story.
3. How far away is London when Oliver decides to run away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
(a) 37 miles.
(b) 70 miles.
(d) 17 miles.
4. Who asks Mr. Bumble to send their love to Oliver in London before he leaves?
(b) Mr. Sowerberry.
(c) Mrs. Mann.
5. What does Mr. Giles fail to mention to his lady about Oliver the thief?
(a) He took nothing.
(b) He is a child.
(c) He was one of a group.
(d) He is wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
2. What does Oliver wish to do during his first few days at Fagin's house?
3. Who does Nancy pretend Oliver is when she sees him on the street?
4. What is the sentence given to Oliver after his hearing?
5. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bumble so miserable in his new position and marriage?
2. When they talk on the bridge, why does Nancy tell Rose that she can never leave Fagin?
3. What does Nancy say when she hears about what happened to Oliver at the robbery?
4. What does Charley worry will happen if Dodger is shipped away?
5. What condition is given in Oliver's father's will about his son receiving an inheritance?
6. What reason does Fagin give for having Noah spy on Nancy?
7. What do Rose and the others decide to do about the news that Nancy has brought them?
8. What does Mr. Bumble do while he visits with Mrs. Corney, and how does she react?
9. How is Oliver's name cleared at the hearing after the theft of the handkerchief?
10. What does Rose say is the only way she will agree to marry Harry, and why does she feel this way?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)