|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oliver's job at the regular workhouse?
(a) Darning socks.
(b) Picking oakrum.
(c) Delivering packages.
(d) Lifting loads of wheat.
2. Where is the first place Fagin goes to find Bill after Toby's report?
(a) The jail.
(b) Nancy's apartment.
(c) Bill's house.
(d) The bars.
3. How does Charley plan to retire from working for Fagin one day soon?
(a) He keeps some money back before giving it to Fagin.
(b) He plans to turn Fagin in and get a handsome reward.
(c) Fagin pays him well.
(d) He knows now where the good places to rob are located.
4. What is Noah proud of even though he is a charity case?
(a) He is learning a trade.
(b) He owns some land.
(c) He has parents.
(d) He is intelligent.
5. What does Mr. Bumble do to entertain himself while Mrs. Corney is away with the dying woman?
(a) Take a tour of her home.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Read some of her books.
(d) Take inventory of her possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oliver accused of stealing when Nancy and Bill take him away?
2. Who is the first person Oliver meets when he gets to London?
3. What was Dodger most worried about when Oliver was taken away after the theft of the handkerchief?
4. What is Mrs. Corney about to do just before Mr. Bumble comes to visit her?
5. What does Bill make Oliver drink at Toby's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charley worry will happen if Dodger is shipped away?
2. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
3. How do Bill and his dog die?
4. What does Oliver decide to do during the big robbery?
5. What is the game that Fagin teaches Oliver, and what is it meant to teach?
6. What does Nancy say when she hears about what happened to Oliver at the robbery?
7. How does Oliver feel when he is apprenticed to Mr. Sowerberry?
8. What position does Mr. Sowerberry have Oliver take in his business, and how does Oliver feel about it?
9. What does Oliver do at the regular workhouse that gets him in trouble?
10. What does Sally take from Oliver's mother when she dies?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)