|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Mr. Bumble to send their love to Oliver in London before he leaves?
(a) Mr. Sowerberry.
(d) Mrs. Mann.
2. What is the name of the lady of the house that Oliver tries to rob?
(a) Mrs. Malloy.
(b) Mrs. Mybelle.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Mrs. Monson.
3. How much longer is the dying woman expected to live when she speaks with Mrs. Corney?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
4. What do many infants die of while Oliver works for Mr. Sowerberry?
5. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
(a) A small boy.
(b) A key.
(c) An inside employee.
(d) A distraction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him as they travel to the site of the big robbery?
2. What is the book about that Oliver is given while he waits for the big robbery to begin?
3. What is Bill Sikes' occupation?
4. What is Bill doing to his dog when Fagin gives him his take from a recent robbery?
5. What is Mr. Giles's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Fagin sends Oliver out with Dodger and Charley for the first time?
2. Why is Mr. Bumble so miserable in his new position and marriage?
3. What does Mr. Brownlow do to try and prove Oliver's integrity?
4. What happens when Oliver runs an errand for Mrs. Maylie while Rose is sick?
5. Why does Mr. Brownlow leave so suddenly for the West Indies?
6. What do Rose and the others decide to do about the news that Nancy has brought them?
7. What does Sally take from Oliver's mother when she dies?
8. What does Mr. Bumble do while he visits with Mrs. Corney, and how does she react?
9. What is the game that Fagin teaches Oliver, and what is it meant to teach?
10. How is Oliver's name cleared at the hearing after the theft of the handkerchief?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)