|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
(a) A distraction.
(b) An inside employee.
(c) A small boy.
(d) A key.
2. Which of the following people is NOT present when Toby comes to Fagin's house after the botched robbery?
3. How is Rose related to the lady of the house?
(a) Rose is her sister.
(b) Rose is her niece.
(c) Rose is her cousin.
(d) Rose is her daughter.
4. Who gives Oliver his daily beatings while he is in solitary confinement?
(a) Mr. Gamfield.
(b) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Fagin.
5. Who summons Mrs. Corney while she is visiting with Mr. Bumble?
(a) Mrs. Simms.
(b) Old Sally.
(c) A bill collector.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sentence given to Oliver after his hearing?
2. Why does Rose beg the lady of the house not to prosecute Oliver?
3. What is the book about that Oliver is given while he waits for the big robbery to begin?
4. What does Mr. Bumble see on a sign when he first arrives in London after Oliver is taken to Fagin's house?
5. What does Mr. Bumble tell Mrs. Sowerberry was the cause of Oliver's bad behavior after Oliver's attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oliver feel about what he witnesses on the day of Fagin's hanging?
2. What does Nancy offer to do so that Rose can reach her if need be, and what is she risking to do this?
3. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
4. Where does Charley end up at the end of the book, and why?
5. What happens when Bill and Nancy see Oliver on the street when Oliver is sent on his errand to the booksellers?
6. What does Mr. Giles say when he is asked by the police if Oliver is the child he saw with the robbers the night before?
7. How is Oliver's name cleared at the hearing after the theft of the handkerchief?
8. When they talk on the bridge, why does Nancy tell Rose that she can never leave Fagin?
9. What does Oliver do at the regular workhouse that gets him in trouble?
10. How does Nancy find out where Oliver is staying when he is in town with Rose?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)