|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver wish to do during his first few days at Fagin's house?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Meet some more people.
(c) Get some fresh air.
(d) Find clues about his mother.
2. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
(a) The man had a criminal record.
(b) The man was not gainfully employed.
(c) Oliver was too young for such menial labor.
(d) Oliver was terrified of the man.
3. What is Mrs. Corney about to do just before Mr. Bumble comes to visit her?
(a) Have some tea.
(b) Write him a letter.
(c) Make some bread.
(d) Go to bed.
4. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
(a) A key.
(b) A small boy.
(c) A distraction.
(d) An inside employee.
5. Who does Fagin get to force Oliver to cooperate while they are away at the next big robbery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bumble do to entertain himself while Mrs. Corney is away with the dying woman?
2. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
3. What do Charley and Dodger take from Oliver when he is brought back to Fagin's house?
4. What does Mr. Sowerberry dress Oliver up to do?
5. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nancy do when Bill refuses to let her out of the house on Sunday night?
2. What is the secret that Sally confesses to Mrs. Corney just before she dies?
3. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
4. What does Rose say is the only way she will agree to marry Harry, and why does she feel this way?
5. Where does Charley end up at the end of the book, and why?
6. What do Dodger and Charley do to try and get Oliver to stay in their gang?
7. What happens when Bill and Nancy see Oliver on the street when Oliver is sent on his errand to the booksellers?
8. How does Nancy find out where Oliver is staying when he is in town with Rose?
9. How does Oliver feel about what he witnesses on the day of Fagin's hanging?
10. What does Mr. Giles say when he is asked by the police if Oliver is the child he saw with the robbers the night before?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)