|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fagin decide to use in his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
2. What does Fagin say he can do with Oliver if he is still alive?
(a) Make him a thief.
(b) Find someone to adopt him.
(c) Repent of his ways.
(d) Send him on his way an honest man.
3. What is Noah proud of even though he is a charity case?
(a) He owns some land.
(b) He has parents.
(c) He is learning a trade.
(d) He is intelligent.
4. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
(a) Oliver was too young for such menial labor.
(b) The man had a criminal record.
(c) The man was not gainfully employed.
(d) Oliver was terrified of the man.
5. Where does Oliver sleep when he lives with the Sowerberrys?
(a) By the coffins.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the barn.
(d) On the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
2. Why does Rose beg the lady of the house not to prosecute Oliver?
3. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
4. Who does Nancy pretend Oliver is when she sees him on the street?
5. What does Oliver admire when he starts to recover from his fever after the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does Mr. Sowerberry have Oliver take in his business, and how does Oliver feel about it?
2. What does Mr. Giles not tell Mrs. Maylie about Oliver, and why?
3. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
4. What reason does Fagin give for having Noah spy on Nancy?
5. How does Oliver find food on his long journey to London after he runs away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
6. Why does Fagin think he needs to use Oliver in his next big robbery with Bill?
7. What condition is given in Oliver's father's will about his son receiving an inheritance?
8. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him when they are traveling to the site of the big robbery?
9. What does Charley do when Bill enters Toby's hideout?
10. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)