|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Fagin and the others doing when Toby comes to his house after the botched robbery?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Discussing what to do with all the new money.
(c) Planning another robbery.
(d) Packing their things.
2. What is Noah proud of even though he is a charity case?
(a) He is learning a trade.
(b) He has parents.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He owns some land.
3. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
(a) With a police officer.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) Just outside the house they tried to rob.
(d) At a hospital.
4. What does Noah tease Oliver about while they work together?
(a) His naivete.
(b) His mother.
(c) His angelic face.
(d) His tiny frame.
5. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
(a) They are weak.
(b) They are unintelligent.
(c) They eat too much.
(d) They are too small.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rose related to the lady of the house?
2. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
3. What does Mr. Bumble tell Mrs. Sowerberry was the cause of Oliver's bad behavior after Oliver's attack?
4. What does Oliver admire when he starts to recover from his fever after the trial?
5. What is Mrs. Corney about to do just before Mr. Bumble comes to visit her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oliver feel about what he witnesses on the day of Fagin's hanging?
2. How does Nancy react when Fagin strikes Oliver for trying to run away?
3. How does Dickens excuse Dodger and Charley's reaction to the events after the theft of the handkerchief?
4. What does Charley do when Bill enters Toby's hideout?
5. What does Mr. Giles say when he is asked by the police if Oliver is the child he saw with the robbers the night before?
6. What does Nancy say when she hears about what happened to Oliver at the robbery?
7. What happens when Bill and Nancy see Oliver on the street when Oliver is sent on his errand to the booksellers?
8. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
9. Why does Mr. Brownlow leave so suddenly for the West Indies?
10. Where does Charley end up at the end of the book, and why?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)