|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charley and Dodger take from Oliver when he is brought back to Fagin's house?
(a) The books.
(b) His new clothes.
(c) The handkerchief given to him by Mr. Brownlow.
(d) The 5 pound note.
2. Why is Oliver so afraid of going to Bill's house?
(a) He thinks Bill wants to kill him.
(b) He does not want to be a part of a robbery.
(c) He is afraid he will have to live there.
(d) He is afraid of Bill's dog.
3. What is Mr. Giles's occupation?
4. Why does Bill put the wounded Oliver in the ditch after the attempted robbery?
(a) Oliver is too heavy.
(b) He doesn't want to be charged with Oliver's murder.
(c) He hoped the men would think Oliver was alone.
(d) He thought Oliver was already dead.
5. What does Mr. Giles fail to mention to his lady about Oliver the thief?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He was one of a group.
(c) He is a child.
(d) He took nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is London when Oliver decides to run away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
2. Where is Oliver born?
3. What was Dodger most worried about when Oliver was taken away after the theft of the handkerchief?
4. Where is the first place Fagin goes to find Bill after Toby's report?
5. What does Fagin say he can do with Oliver if he is still alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first assignment Fagin gives to Noah when he begins working for him?
2. What position does Mr. Sowerberry have Oliver take in his business, and how does Oliver feel about it?
3. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
4. What does Nancy offer to do so that Rose can reach her if need be, and what is she risking to do this?
5. What happens when Oliver runs an errand for Mrs. Maylie while Rose is sick?
6. How does Dickens excuse Dodger and Charley's reaction to the events after the theft of the handkerchief?
7. What does Charley do when Bill enters Toby's hideout?
8. What does Nancy say when she hears about what happened to Oliver at the robbery?
9. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
10. How does Oliver spend the spring with Rose and Mrs. Maylie?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)