|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Mr. Giles be in trouble with the law for?
(a) Not reporting a robbery to the police.
(b) Shooting a child.
(c) Keeping from his mistress Oliver's age.
(d) Failing to catch the other robbers.
2. What does Oliver eat at Toby's house?
(a) A chicken casserole.
(b) A mincemeat pie.
(c) A crust of bread.
(d) A bowl of thin gruel.
3. What is the first job Fagin gives to Oliver on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Advertising the found goods.
(c) Cleaning the purses Dodger made.
(d) Taking monograms out of handkerchiefs.
4. What do Dodger and Charley tease Oliver about when Nancy brings him back to Fagin's house?
(a) His time in jail.
(b) His pale face.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His confused looks.
5. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
(a) Stealing money from the Sowerberrys.
(b) Planning to run away together.
(c) Fighting and tearing up the house.
(d) Flirting and kissing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dying woman need to tell Mrs. Corney?
2. Who does Nancy pretend Oliver is when she sees him on the street?
3. What does Oliver do when he sees Charley steal a man's handkerchief?
4. Who does Fagin tell about the botched robbery in hopes of assistance?
5. Who summons Mrs. Corney while she is visiting with Mr. Bumble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charley do when Bill enters Toby's hideout?
2. What do Dodger and Charley do to try and get Oliver to stay in their gang?
3. What does Nancy do when Bill refuses to let her out of the house on Sunday night?
4. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
5. Why does Fagin think he needs to use Oliver in his next big robbery with Bill?
6. What does Fagin do when he hears about what happened to Oliver during the botched robbery?
7. How does Dickens excuse Dodger and Charley's reaction to the events after the theft of the handkerchief?
8. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
9. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
10. What does Mr. Bumble do while he visits with Mrs. Corney, and how does she react?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)