|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sowerberry do to Oliver when he threatens Noah one night after a lot of taunting?
(a) Sends him back to the workhouse.
(b) Sends him to jail.
(c) Locks him in the cellar.
(d) Kicks him out of the house.
2. How old is Oliver when he is taken to the regular workhouse?
3. What does Noah tease Oliver about while they work together?
(a) His tiny frame.
(b) His angelic face.
(c) His mother.
(d) His naivete.
4. What is Oliver's job at the regular workhouse?
(a) Darning socks.
(b) Picking oakrum.
(c) Delivering packages.
(d) Lifting loads of wheat.
5. What does Mr. Sowerberry dress Oliver up to do?
(a) Sell coffins.
(b) Pick pockets.
(c) Attend funerals.
(d) Collect late payments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
2. What is Oliver given on the day of the big robbery?
3. What does Oliver tell Rose and the doctor when he comes to after being treated for his wounds?
4. What is Bill Sikes' occupation?
5. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
2. What happens when Oliver runs an errand for Mrs. Maylie while Rose is sick?
3. How do the people in Mrs. Maylie's house feel about Oliver when he comes to after having his gunshot wound tended to?
4. How do Bill and his dog die?
5. How does Oliver spend the spring with Rose and Mrs. Maylie?
6. Why does Fagin think he needs to use Oliver in his next big robbery with Bill?
7. What does Nancy say when she hears about what happened to Oliver at the robbery?
8. What happens when Fagin sends Oliver out with Dodger and Charley for the first time?
9. What does Mr. Brownlow do to try and prove Oliver's integrity?
10. How does Bill try to hide the evidence of his murder?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)