|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
(a) To bring Oliver back to their parish.
(b) To transfer two sick children to a different parish.
(c) To be a witness at a hearing for Oliver.
(d) To petition a raise in his monthly stipend.
2. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
(a) Be honest.
(b) Get well.
(d) Work hard.
3. What does Oliver do when he realizes what he is expected to do?
(a) Sighs in relief.
4. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
(a) They are weak.
(b) They eat too much.
(c) They are unintelligent.
(d) They are too small.
5. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Oliver after his mother dies?
2. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
3. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
4. What does Mr. Grimwig say to Mr. Brownlow about Oliver?
5. What is Noah proud of even though he is a charity case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Mr. Brownlow need from Fagin before Fagin is hung?
2. What is the first assignment Fagin gives to Noah when he begins working for him?
3. How does Oliver find food on his long journey to London after he runs away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
4. Why is Mr. Bumble so miserable in his new position and marriage?
5. What position does Mr. Sowerberry have Oliver take in his business, and how does Oliver feel about it?
6. When they talk on the bridge, why does Nancy tell Rose that she can never leave Fagin?
7. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him when they are traveling to the site of the big robbery?
8. Why does Mr. Brownlow offer to raise the reward on Bill and Fagin's heads?
9. What do Rose and the others decide to do about the news that Nancy has brought them?
10. How does Oliver feel about what he witnesses on the day of Fagin's hanging?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)