|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
2. What does Oliver eat at Toby's house?
(a) A bowl of thin gruel.
(b) A crust of bread.
(c) A chicken casserole.
(d) A mincemeat pie.
3. What does Mr. Bumble do to entertain himself while Mrs. Corney is away with the dying woman?
(a) Take inventory of her possessions.
(b) Take a tour of her home.
(c) Read some of her books.
(d) Take a nap.
4. What is the name of the magistrate who hears Oliver's case?
(a) Mr. Brownlow.
(b) Mr. Fang.
(c) Mr. Frances.
(d) Mr. Bumble.
5. What is Mr. Giles's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oliver sleep when he lives with the Sowerberrys?
2. What do many infants die of while Oliver works for Mr. Sowerberry?
3. What does Oliver admire when he starts to recover from his fever after the trial?
4. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
5. Why does Bill put the wounded Oliver in the ditch after the attempted robbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Giles say when he is asked by the police if Oliver is the child he saw with the robbers the night before?
2. What has Harry done in order to get Rose to marry him?
3. What is the secret that Sally confesses to Mrs. Corney just before she dies?
4. Why does Mr. Brownlow offer to raise the reward on Bill and Fagin's heads?
5. How does Bill try to hide the evidence of his murder?
6. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
7. How do the people in Mrs. Maylie's house feel about Oliver when he comes to after having his gunshot wound tended to?
8. What does Nancy tell Oliver when she comes to take Oliver to Bill's house just before the big robbery?
9. What does Mr. Bumble tell Mr. Brownlow when he arrives in London, and what is Mr. Brownlow's response to this?
10. Where is Oliver's mother found before she gives birth, and what is her condition?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)