|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dodger most worried about when Oliver was taken away after the theft of the handkerchief?
(a) Whether anyone saw him at the scene of the crime.
(b) Fagin's reaction.
(c) Oliver's safety.
(d) The cost of the handkerchief.
2. Why is Oliver so afraid of going to Bill's house?
(a) He is afraid of Bill's dog.
(b) He thinks Bill wants to kill him.
(c) He is afraid he will have to live there.
(d) He does not want to be a part of a robbery.
3. How much longer is the dying woman expected to live when she speaks with Mrs. Corney?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
4. What could Mr. Giles be in trouble with the law for?
(a) Keeping from his mistress Oliver's age.
(b) Not reporting a robbery to the police.
(c) Failing to catch the other robbers.
(d) Shooting a child.
5. How old is Oliver when he is taken to the regular workhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
2. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
3. What does Fagin say he can do with Oliver if he is still alive?
4. What is the book about that Oliver is given while he waits for the big robbery to begin?
5. What does Bill make Oliver drink at Toby's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Charley end up at the end of the book, and why?
2. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
3. What does Nancy do when Bill refuses to let her out of the house on Sunday night?
4. What does Fagin do when he hears about what happened to Oliver during the botched robbery?
5. How do Bill and his dog die?
6. What does Bill do when he hears about what Nancy has told Rose?
7. What do Dodger and Charley do to try and get Oliver to stay in their gang?
8. What does Rose say is the only way she will agree to marry Harry, and why does she feel this way?
9. What does Mr. Brownlow do to try and prove Oliver's integrity?
10. How does Oliver feel when he is apprenticed to Mr. Sowerberry?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)