|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver tell Rose and the doctor when he comes to after being treated for his wounds?
(a) His life story.
(b) His thought out apology.
(c) What he would like to become.
(d) The story he was taught by Fagin to tell.
2. What does the dying woman need to tell Mrs. Corney?
(a) She knows who Oliver's mother is.
(b) She once stole gold from a young and dying mother.
(c) She is leaving all her money to Mr. Bumble.
(d) She is Oliver's mother.
3. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
4. What does Fagin threaten to do to Oliver if he tries to run away again?
(a) Starve him.
(b) Send him back to jail.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Whip him.
5. Who does Nancy pretend Oliver is when she sees him on the street?
(a) An errant servant.
(b) A thief.
(c) Her runaway brother.
(d) A cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
2. What does Noah tease Oliver about while they work together?
3. What is Oliver given on the day of the big robbery?
4. What does Mr. Bumble plan to do when he reaches the Sowerberry home after Oliver's attack?
5. What does Bill make Oliver drink at Toby's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bill do when he hears about what Nancy has told Rose?
2. What condition is given in Oliver's father's will about his son receiving an inheritance?
3. What happens when Oliver finally loses patience with Noah and his mocking?
4. What does Nancy say when she hears about what happened to Oliver at the robbery?
5. What does Sally take from Oliver's mother when she dies?
6. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
7. What kind of nightmare does Oliver have when Harry comes to see Rose, and what does he see when he wakes up?
8. Where does Charley end up at the end of the book, and why?
9. How does Oliver spend the spring with Rose and Mrs. Maylie?
10. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)