|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Bill and Oliver travel to the big robbery?
(c) Riding a cart.
2. How much longer is the dying woman expected to live when she speaks with Mrs. Corney?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few hours.
3. Why does Noah taunt Oliver to the point of rage while they work together for the undertaker?
(a) He is jealous of how much Mr. Sowerberry likes Oliver.
(b) He feels that he is of a higher status.
(c) He has to work harder because of Oliver's mistakes.
(d) He hates having to work with an orphan.
4. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
(a) To petition a raise in his monthly stipend.
(b) To be a witness at a hearing for Oliver.
(c) To bring Oliver back to their parish.
(d) To transfer two sick children to a different parish.
5. What is Mrs. Corney about to do just before Mr. Bumble comes to visit her?
(a) Make some bread.
(b) Write him a letter.
(c) Have some tea.
(d) Go to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Oliver born?
2. Who does Fagin tell about the botched robbery in hopes of assistance?
3. What does Mr. Sowerberry dress Oliver up to do?
4. Who does Fagin decide to use in his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
5. What does Oliver find in every room of Fagin's house when he is locked in there all day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Oliver knocks on the door of the house he tried to rob?
2. What does Charley worry will happen if Dodger is shipped away?
3. What does Mr. Brownlow do to try and prove Oliver's integrity?
4. What, and how often, does Harry ask Oliver to write to him after Harry leaves his mother's house?
5. How is Oliver's name cleared at the hearing after the theft of the handkerchief?
6. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
7. What does Mr. Bumble do while he visits with Mrs. Corney, and how does she react?
8. How does Oliver find food on his long journey to London after he runs away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
9. What do Dodger and Charley do to try and get Oliver to stay in their gang?
10. What does Charley do when Bill enters Toby's hideout?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)