|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charley plan to retire from working for Fagin one day soon?
(a) Fagin pays him well.
(b) He knows now where the good places to rob are located.
(c) He keeps some money back before giving it to Fagin.
(d) He plans to turn Fagin in and get a handsome reward.
2. What does Oliver tell Rose and the doctor when he comes to after being treated for his wounds?
(a) His thought out apology.
(b) The story he was taught by Fagin to tell.
(c) His life story.
(d) What he would like to become.
3. Why does Bill put the wounded Oliver in the ditch after the attempted robbery?
(a) He thought Oliver was already dead.
(b) He doesn't want to be charged with Oliver's murder.
(c) He hoped the men would think Oliver was alone.
(d) Oliver is too heavy.
4. What does Mr. Bumble plan to do when he reaches the Sowerberry home after Oliver's attack?
(a) Treat his wounds.
(b) Take him back to the workhouse.
(c) Take him to jail.
(d) Flog him.
5. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
(a) To bring Oliver back to their parish.
(b) To be a witness at a hearing for Oliver.
(c) To transfer two sick children to a different parish.
(d) To petition a raise in his monthly stipend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oliver accused of stealing when Nancy and Bill take him away?
2. What is the first job Fagin gives to Oliver on his first morning in Fagin's house?
3. Why does Noah taunt Oliver to the point of rage while they work together for the undertaker?
4. Why is Oliver so afraid of going to Bill's house?
5. What do Charley and Dodger take from Oliver when he is brought back to Fagin's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition is given in Oliver's father's will about his son receiving an inheritance?
2. What is the secret that Sally confesses to Mrs. Corney just before she dies?
3. How is Oliver's name cleared at the hearing after the theft of the handkerchief?
4. What does Rose say is the only way she will agree to marry Harry, and why does she feel this way?
5. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
6. What does Oliver do when he is punished for his attack after Mr. Sowerberry comes home?
7. What happens when Oliver runs an errand for Mrs. Maylie while Rose is sick?
8. What does Oliver decide to do during the big robbery?
9. What happens when Bill and Nancy see Oliver on the street when Oliver is sent on his errand to the booksellers?
10. What, and how often, does Harry ask Oliver to write to him after Harry leaves his mother's house?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)