|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first job Fagin gives to Oliver on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) Advertising the found goods.
(b) Picking pockets.
(c) Taking monograms out of handkerchiefs.
(d) Cleaning the purses Dodger made.
2. What does Mr. Bumble tell Mrs. Sowerberry was the cause of Oliver's bad behavior after Oliver's attack?
(a) Sleep deprivation.
(b) Too much food.
(c) A fever.
(d) Mocking and taunting.
3. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
(b) Work hard.
(c) Get well.
(d) Be honest.
4. Where does Oliver stay after his time in court?
(a) The book stall owner's house.
(b) Fagin's house.
(c) The workhouse.
(d) Mr. Brownlow's house.
5. What does Mr. Bumble do to entertain himself while Mrs. Corney is away with the dying woman?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Read some of her books.
(c) Take inventory of her possessions.
(d) Take a tour of her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dodger and Charley tease Oliver about when Nancy brings him back to Fagin's house?
2. What does Mr. Sowerberry dress Oliver up to do?
3. Who does Fagin tell about the botched robbery in hopes of assistance?
4. Who is the first person Oliver meets when he gets to London?
5. Who takes care of Oliver after his mother dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charley do when Bill enters Toby's hideout?
2. What does Charley worry will happen if Dodger is shipped away?
3. What does Nancy say when she hears about what happened to Oliver at the robbery?
4. What happens when Oliver runs an errand for Mrs. Maylie while Rose is sick?
5. How does Oliver feel about what he witnesses on the day of Fagin's hanging?
6. What does Nancy tell Oliver when she comes to take Oliver to Bill's house just before the big robbery?
7. What happens when Bill and Nancy see Oliver on the street when Oliver is sent on his errand to the booksellers?
8. When they talk on the bridge, why does Nancy tell Rose that she can never leave Fagin?
9. How does Nancy react when Fagin strikes Oliver for trying to run away?
10. How does Oliver find food on his long journey to London after he runs away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)