|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bumble do to entertain himself while Mrs. Corney is away with the dying woman?
(a) Take a tour of her home.
(b) Read some of her books.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Take inventory of her possessions.
2. What does Fagin threaten to do to Oliver if he tries to run away again?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Send him back to jail.
(c) Starve him.
(d) Whip him.
3. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
(a) A set of wrenches.
(b) A picture of a lovely woman.
(c) Stacks of money.
4. What was Dodger most worried about when Oliver was taken away after the theft of the handkerchief?
(a) Oliver's safety.
(b) Fagin's reaction.
(c) The cost of the handkerchief.
(d) Whether anyone saw him at the scene of the crime.
5. What is Bill Sikes' occupation?
(c) Coal Shoveler.
(d) Milk Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver admire when he starts to recover from his fever after the trial?
2. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
3. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
4. What is Bill doing to his dog when Fagin gives him his take from a recent robbery?
5. How much is the parish willing to offer to someone to take Oliver off their hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, and how often, does Harry ask Oliver to write to him after Harry leaves his mother's house?
2. What does Mr. Bumble do to secure for himself the position he hopes to be advanced to?
3. What happens when Oliver runs an errand for Mrs. Maylie while Rose is sick?
4. What does Fagin do when he hears about what happened to Oliver during the botched robbery?
5. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him when they are traveling to the site of the big robbery?
6. What happens when Oliver finally loses patience with Noah and his mocking?
7. Why does Mr. Brownlow leave so suddenly for the West Indies?
8. Why is Mr. Bumble so miserable in his new position and marriage?
9. What does Mr. Bumble do while he visits with Mrs. Corney, and how does she react?
10. What condition is given in Oliver's father's will about his son receiving an inheritance?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)