|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bumble tell Mrs. Sowerberry was the cause of Oliver's bad behavior after Oliver's attack?
(a) A fever.
(b) Mocking and taunting.
(c) Too much food.
(d) Sleep deprivation.
2. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
(a) They are unintelligent.
(b) They are too small.
(c) They are weak.
(d) They eat too much.
3. Where does Oliver stay after his time in court?
(a) The book stall owner's house.
(b) Mr. Brownlow's house.
(c) The workhouse.
(d) Fagin's house.
4. Who does Fagin decide to use in his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
5. What does Oliver wish to do during his first few days at Fagin's house?
(a) Find clues about his mother.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Get some fresh air.
(d) Meet some more people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver tell Rose and the doctor when he comes to after being treated for his wounds?
2. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
3. What do Dodger and Charley tease Oliver about when Nancy brings him back to Fagin's house?
4. How does the dying woman tell Mrs. Corney her secret?
5. What does Mr. Sowerberry do when he returns home and hears what has happened while he was gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nancy tell Oliver when she comes to take Oliver to Bill's house just before the big robbery?
2. How does Oliver spend the spring with Rose and Mrs. Maylie?
3. What information does Mr. Brownlow need from Fagin before Fagin is hung?
4. What kind of nightmare does Oliver have when Harry comes to see Rose, and what does he see when he wakes up?
5. What does Mr. Giles say when he is asked by the police if Oliver is the child he saw with the robbers the night before?
6. How does Bill try to hide the evidence of his murder?
7. What happens when Oliver finally loses patience with Noah and his mocking?
8. How does Nancy find out where Oliver is staying when he is in town with Rose?
9. What happens when Bill and Nancy see Oliver on the street when Oliver is sent on his errand to the booksellers?
10. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)