|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
2. What is Mr. Sowerberry's occupation?
(b) Workhouse Administrator.
(c) Coal Shoveler.
(d) Chimney Sweep.
3. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him as they travel to the site of the big robbery?
(a) Torture him for information.
(b) Sell him as a slave.
(c) Use him in a robbery.
(d) Murder him.
4. What is the name of the magistrate who hears Oliver's case?
(a) Mr. Brownlow.
(b) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mr. Fang.
(d) Mr. Frances.
5. How does Charley plan to retire from working for Fagin one day soon?
(a) He keeps some money back before giving it to Fagin.
(b) He knows now where the good places to rob are located.
(c) Fagin pays him well.
(d) He plans to turn Fagin in and get a handsome reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver wish to do during his first few days at Fagin's house?
2. What are Fagin and the others doing when Toby comes to his house after the botched robbery?
3. Who does Fagin decide to use in his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
4. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
5. What does Fagin say he can do with Oliver if he is still alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill try to hide the evidence of his murder?
2. What does Charley do when Bill enters Toby's hideout?
3. What kind of nightmare does Oliver have when Harry comes to see Rose, and what does he see when he wakes up?
4. What happens when Fagin sends Oliver out with Dodger and Charley for the first time?
5. What do Rose and the others decide to do about the news that Nancy has brought them?
6. What does Bill do when he hears about what Nancy has told Rose?
7. How do Bill and his dog die?
8. What is the first assignment Fagin gives to Noah when he begins working for him?
9. What does Oliver do when he is punished for his attack after Mr. Sowerberry comes home?
10. What does Mr. Giles not tell Mrs. Maylie about Oliver, and why?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)