|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
(a) A key.
(b) A small boy.
(c) A distraction.
(d) An inside employee.
2. What does Oliver tell Rose and the doctor when he comes to after being treated for his wounds?
(a) His thought out apology.
(b) His life story.
(c) The story he was taught by Fagin to tell.
(d) What he would like to become.
3. What is Bill doing to his dog when Fagin gives him his take from a recent robbery?
(a) Training it.
(b) Petting it.
(c) Beating it.
(d) Feeding it.
4. What does the dying woman need to tell Mrs. Corney?
(a) She once stole gold from a young and dying mother.
(b) She is Oliver's mother.
(c) She knows who Oliver's mother is.
(d) She is leaving all her money to Mr. Bumble.
5. What happens to Oliver during his hearing?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He faints.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He falls ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book about that Oliver is given while he waits for the big robbery to begin?
2. What does Mr. Giles fail to mention to his lady about Oliver the thief?
3. What does Oliver's mother do just before she dies?
4. Who summons Mrs. Corney while she is visiting with Mr. Bumble?
5. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
Short Essay Questions
1. When they talk on the bridge, why does Nancy tell Rose that she can never leave Fagin?
2. What does Mr. Bumble tell Mr. Brownlow when he arrives in London, and what is Mr. Brownlow's response to this?
3. What does Oliver do when he is punished for his attack after Mr. Sowerberry comes home?
4. What does Oliver do at the regular workhouse that gets him in trouble?
5. What is the game that Fagin teaches Oliver, and what is it meant to teach?
6. What happens when Oliver runs an errand for Mrs. Maylie while Rose is sick?
7. Where is Oliver's mother found before she gives birth, and what is her condition?
8. What does Nancy tell Oliver when she comes to take Oliver to Bill's house just before the big robbery?
9. How does Oliver find food on his long journey to London after he runs away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
10. What position does Mr. Sowerberry have Oliver take in his business, and how does Oliver feel about it?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)