|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Fagin and the others doing when Toby comes to his house after the botched robbery?
(a) Planning another robbery.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Discussing what to do with all the new money.
(d) Packing their things.
2. Why does Oliver decide to run away to London after leaving the Sowerberrys' house?
(a) There are jobs to be found there.
(b) He has always wanted to go there.
(c) It is large enough that Mr. Bumble won't find him there.
(d) He thinks he might find his mother there.
3. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
4. What is the first job Fagin gives to Oliver on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) Cleaning the purses Dodger made.
(b) Picking pockets.
(c) Advertising the found goods.
(d) Taking monograms out of handkerchiefs.
5. Why does Noah taunt Oliver to the point of rage while they work together for the undertaker?
(a) He hates having to work with an orphan.
(b) He feels that he is of a higher status.
(c) He is jealous of how much Mr. Sowerberry likes Oliver.
(d) He has to work harder because of Oliver's mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charley and Dodger take from Oliver when he is brought back to Fagin's house?
2. How much is the parish willing to offer to someone to take Oliver off their hands?
3. What does Oliver tell Rose and the doctor when he comes to after being treated for his wounds?
4. How much longer is the dying woman expected to live when she speaks with Mrs. Corney?
5. What is Mr. Giles's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bill and his dog die?
2. What do Rose and the others decide to do about the news that Nancy has brought them?
3. Why does Fagin think he needs to use Oliver in his next big robbery with Bill?
4. What does Charley do when Bill enters Toby's hideout?
5. What does Oliver do at the regular workhouse that gets him in trouble?
6. What, and how often, does Harry ask Oliver to write to him after Harry leaves his mother's house?
7. Who wants to take Oliver off the parishes' hands, and why is he refused?
8. What does Oliver decide to do during the big robbery?
9. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Bumble end up at the end of the book?
10. What has Harry done in order to get Rose to marry him?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)