Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
(a) To bring Oliver back to their parish.
(b) To transfer two sick children to a different parish.
(c) To be a witness at a hearing for Oliver.
(d) To petition a raise in his monthly stipend.
2. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
(a) Be honest.
(b) Get well.
(d) Work hard.
3. What does Oliver do when he realizes what he is expected to do?
(a) Sighs in relief.
4. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
(a) They are weak.
(b) They eat too much.
(c) They are unintelligent.
(d) They are too small.
5. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
6. Who takes care of Oliver after his mother dies?
(a) A foster care center.
(b) The nurse.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
7. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
(a) Stacks of money.
(c) A set of wrenches.
(d) A picture of a lovely woman.
8. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
(a) A key.
(b) A small boy.
(c) An inside employee.
(d) A distraction.
9. What does Mr. Grimwig say to Mr. Brownlow about Oliver?
(a) He is a sweet and honest little thing.
(b) He has had a hard life and will never recover from the harshness.
(c) He is dishonest and will escape at his first chance.
(d) He will steal Mr. Brownlow blind.
10. What is Noah proud of even though he is a charity case?
(a) He is learning a trade.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He owns some land.
(d) He has parents.
11. What does Fagin strike Oliver with when he tries to run away?
(a) A book.
(b) His hand.
(c) A cane.
(d) A club.
12. What does Oliver wish to do during his first few days at Fagin's house?
(a) Meet some more people.
(b) Get some fresh air.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Find clues about his mother.
13. How does the dying woman tell Mrs. Corney her secret?
(a) Sings it.
(b) Screams it in fits of pain.
(c) Writes it on paper.
(d) Whispers in her ear.
14. Who asks Mr. Bumble to send their love to Oliver in London before he leaves?
(b) Mrs. Mann.
(c) Mr. Sowerberry.
15. What does Mrs. Sowerberry do to Oliver when he threatens Noah one night after a lot of taunting?
(a) Kicks him out of the house.
(b) Sends him to jail.
(c) Sends him back to the workhouse.
(d) Locks him in the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill make Oliver drink at Toby's house?
2. How is Rose related to the lady of the house?
3. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him as they travel to the site of the big robbery?
4. What are Fagin and the others doing when Toby comes to his house after the botched robbery?
5. Who is the first person Oliver meets when he gets to London?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)