|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dodger and Charley tease Oliver about when Nancy brings him back to Fagin's house?
(a) His time in jail.
(b) His confused looks.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His pale face.
2. How much is the parish willing to offer to someone to take Oliver off their hands?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 15 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
3. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
(a) Just outside the house they tried to rob.
(b) With a police officer.
(c) At a hospital.
(d) In a ditch.
4. Why does Noah taunt Oliver to the point of rage while they work together for the undertaker?
(a) He hates having to work with an orphan.
(b) He has to work harder because of Oliver's mistakes.
(c) He feels that he is of a higher status.
(d) He is jealous of how much Mr. Sowerberry likes Oliver.
5. Where do Bill and Oliver eat dinner just before the big robbery?
(a) The side of the road.
(b) A pub.
(c) An open market.
(d) A fancy restaurant.
6. What are Fagin and the others doing when Toby comes to his house after the botched robbery?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Planning another robbery.
(c) Discussing what to do with all the new money.
(d) Packing their things.
7. Who is the first person Oliver meets when he gets to London?
(a) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mr. Ranckle.
8. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
(a) Flirting and kissing.
(b) Fighting and tearing up the house.
(c) Stealing money from the Sowerberrys.
(d) Planning to run away together.
9. Which of the following people is NOT present when Toby comes to Fagin's house after the botched robbery?
10. How does Charley plan to retire from working for Fagin one day soon?
(a) He keeps some money back before giving it to Fagin.
(b) He plans to turn Fagin in and get a handsome reward.
(c) Fagin pays him well.
(d) He knows now where the good places to rob are located.
11. How old is Oliver when he is taken to the regular workhouse?
12. Why does Bill put the wounded Oliver in the ditch after the attempted robbery?
(a) Oliver is too heavy.
(b) He hoped the men would think Oliver was alone.
(c) He doesn't want to be charged with Oliver's murder.
(d) He thought Oliver was already dead.
13. What could Mr. Giles be in trouble with the law for?
(a) Not reporting a robbery to the police.
(b) Shooting a child.
(c) Keeping from his mistress Oliver's age.
(d) Failing to catch the other robbers.
14. What does Oliver do when he sees Charley steal a man's handkerchief?
(a) He faints.
(b) He tries to return it to the man.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He yells at Charley to stop.
15. What is the book about that Oliver is given while he waits for the big robbery to begin?
(a) A history of criminals.
(b) Biblical stories for children.
(c) A gang of thieves who gets caught and hung.
(d) A handbook on torture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sowerberry dress Oliver up to do?
2. What does Fagin say he can do with Oliver if he is still alive?
3. What is Mr. Giles's occupation?
4. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him as they travel to the site of the big robbery?
5. Where is Oliver born?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)