|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fagin threaten to do to Oliver if he tries to run away again?
(a) Starve him.
(b) Whip him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Send him back to jail.
2. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
3. What does Mrs. Sowerberry do to Oliver when he threatens Noah one night after a lot of taunting?
(a) Sends him to jail.
(b) Kicks him out of the house.
(c) Locks him in the cellar.
(d) Sends him back to the workhouse.
4. Who does Nancy pretend Oliver is when she sees him on the street?
(a) Her runaway brother.
(b) A thief.
(c) An errant servant.
(d) A cousin.
5. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
(a) A picture of a lovely woman.
(c) Stacks of money.
(d) A set of wrenches.
6. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
(a) With a police officer.
(b) At a hospital.
(c) Just outside the house they tried to rob.
(d) In a ditch.
7. What position does Mr. Bumble hope to fill once the man who currently works that position is dead?
(a) The administrator for punishment in the workhouse.
(b) The ambassador for the poor.
(c) The tax collector of the paupers.
(d) The head of the workhouse.
8. Why does Bill put the wounded Oliver in the ditch after the attempted robbery?
(a) He hoped the men would think Oliver was alone.
(b) He doesn't want to be charged with Oliver's murder.
(c) He thought Oliver was already dead.
(d) Oliver is too heavy.
9. Who is the first person Oliver meets when he gets to London?
(a) Mr. Bumble.
(d) Mr. Ranckle.
10. What is the sentence given to Oliver after his hearing?
(a) 3 months hard labor.
(b) A fine of $50.
(c) 1 year in prison.
(d) 2 years in the workhouse.
11. What is Mr. Giles's occupation?
12. Why does Mr. Brownlow say that he removed the portrait that Oliver loves so much?
(a) It was sent out for restoration.
(b) He was worried Oliver would harm it in some way.
(c) He is getting ready to hang a different picture there.
(d) He didn't want it to bother Oliver.
13. How much longer is the dying woman expected to live when she speaks with Mrs. Corney?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A few days.
14. What does Noah tease Oliver about while they work together?
(a) His angelic face.
(b) His tiny frame.
(c) His naivete.
(d) His mother.
15. What do Dodger and Charley tease Oliver about when Nancy brings him back to Fagin's house?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His pale face.
(c) His confused looks.
(d) His time in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
2. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
3. Who asks Mr. Bumble to send their love to Oliver in London before he leaves?
4. What does Mr. Grimwig say to Mr. Brownlow about Oliver?
5. What does Mr. Sowerberry dress Oliver up to do?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)