|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fagin get to force Oliver to cooperate while they are away at the next big robbery?
2. What is the name of the lady of the house that Oliver tries to rob?
(a) Mrs. Malloy.
(b) Mrs. Monson.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Mrs. Mybelle.
3. What does Fagin threaten to do to Oliver if he tries to run away again?
(a) Send him back to jail.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Whip him.
(d) Starve him.
4. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
5. What is Oliver's job at the regular workhouse?
(a) Picking oakrum.
(b) Darning socks.
(c) Lifting loads of wheat.
(d) Delivering packages.
6. Where does Oliver sleep when he lives with the Sowerberrys?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the barn.
(c) By the coffins.
(d) On the floor.
7. Which of the following people is NOT present when Toby comes to Fagin's house after the botched robbery?
8. What does Oliver do when he realizes what he is expected to do?
(a) Sighs in relief.
9. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
(a) Fighting and tearing up the house.
(b) Flirting and kissing.
(c) Planning to run away together.
(d) Stealing money from the Sowerberrys.
10. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
(b) Stacks of money.
(c) A set of wrenches.
(d) A picture of a lovely woman.
11. Who summons Mrs. Corney while she is visiting with Mr. Bumble?
(a) A bill collector.
(b) Mrs. Simms.
(c) Old Sally.
(d) Her mother.
12. What was Dodger most worried about when Oliver was taken away after the theft of the handkerchief?
(a) Whether anyone saw him at the scene of the crime.
(b) Oliver's safety.
(c) The cost of the handkerchief.
(d) Fagin's reaction.
13. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) He stole them.
(b) He made them.
(c) He bought them.
(d) He found them.
14. What does Mrs. Sowerberry do to Oliver when he threatens Noah one night after a lot of taunting?
(a) Sends him back to the workhouse.
(b) Kicks him out of the house.
(c) Locks him in the cellar.
(d) Sends him to jail.
15. How much longer is the dying woman expected to live when she speaks with Mrs. Corney?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Mr. Giles be in trouble with the law for?
2. What does Mr. Grimwig say to Mr. Brownlow about Oliver?
3. What happens to Oliver during his hearing?
4. What does Mr. Bumble do during his visit with Mrs. Corney that makes her scream?
5. What do many infants die of while Oliver works for Mr. Sowerberry?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)