|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
(a) Stealing money from the Sowerberrys.
(b) Flirting and kissing.
(c) Planning to run away together.
(d) Fighting and tearing up the house.
2. Where is the first place Fagin goes to find Bill after Toby's report?
(a) Nancy's apartment.
(b) The jail.
(c) Bill's house.
(d) The bars.
3. Who takes care of Oliver after his mother dies?
(a) A foster care center.
(b) His aunt.
(c) The nurse.
(d) His father.
4. What does Oliver do when he realizes what he is expected to do?
(b) Sighs in relief.
5. What is Mr. Gamfield's occupation?
(b) Chimney Sweep.
(c) Coal Shoveler.
(d) Workhouse Administrator.
6. Why is Oliver so afraid of going to Bill's house?
(a) He is afraid he will have to live there.
(b) He thinks Bill wants to kill him.
(c) He is afraid of Bill's dog.
(d) He does not want to be a part of a robbery.
7. What does Mr. Sowerberry do when he returns home and hears what has happened while he was gone?
(a) Sends Mr. Bumble away.
(b) Kicks Oliver out of his house.
(c) Yells at his wife.
(d) Flogs Oliver.
8. What does Oliver tell Rose and the doctor when he comes to after being treated for his wounds?
(a) What he would like to become.
(b) The story he was taught by Fagin to tell.
(c) His life story.
(d) His thought out apology.
9. What does Oliver admire when he starts to recover from his fever after the trial?
(a) A crystal chandelier.
(b) A painting of a woman.
(c) A lovely clock.
(d) The streets of London.
10. How do Bill and Oliver travel to the big robbery?
(c) Riding a cart.
11. Who does Fagin tell about the botched robbery in hopes of assistance?
12. What happens to Oliver during his hearing?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He faints.
(d) He falls ill.
13. How far away is London when Oliver decides to run away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
(b) 17 miles.
(c) 70 miles.
(d) 37 miles.
14. What does Oliver do when he sees Charley steal a man's handkerchief?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He faints.
(c) He tries to return it to the man.
(d) He yells at Charley to stop.
15. What is the name of the lady of the house that Oliver tries to rob?
(a) Mrs. Mybelle.
(b) Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Mrs. Monson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
2. Where is Oliver born?
3. What is Oliver accused of stealing when Nancy and Bill take him away?
4. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
5. What does Bill make Oliver drink at Toby's house?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)