|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver tell Rose and the doctor when he comes to after being treated for his wounds?
(a) The story he was taught by Fagin to tell.
(b) His life story.
(c) What he would like to become.
(d) His thought out apology.
2. Which of the following people is NOT present when Toby comes to Fagin's house after the botched robbery?
3. Who does Nancy pretend Oliver is when she sees him on the street?
(a) Her runaway brother.
(b) An errant servant.
(c) A thief.
(d) A cousin.
4. How much longer is the dying woman expected to live when she speaks with Mrs. Corney?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few minutes.
5. What is Mr. Giles's occupation?
6. What does Mr. Grimwig say to Mr. Brownlow about Oliver?
(a) He has had a hard life and will never recover from the harshness.
(b) He is a sweet and honest little thing.
(c) He is dishonest and will escape at his first chance.
(d) He will steal Mr. Brownlow blind.
7. What is the name of the lady of the house that Oliver tries to rob?
(a) Mrs. Mybelle.
(b) Mrs. Monson.
(c) Mrs. Maylie.
(d) Mrs. Malloy.
8. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
(a) Oliver was terrified of the man.
(b) The man had a criminal record.
(c) The man was not gainfully employed.
(d) Oliver was too young for such menial labor.
9. What does Mr. Bumble see on a sign when he first arrives in London after Oliver is taken to Fagin's house?
(a) A letter to Oliver from Mr. Brownlow.
(b) A sign for witnesses in Oliver's trial.
(c) A picture of goods thought to be stolen by Oliver.
(d) A reward sign for information about Oliver.
10. What does Oliver eat at Toby's house?
(a) A crust of bread.
(b) A chicken casserole.
(c) A bowl of thin gruel.
(d) A mincemeat pie.
11. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
(a) To be a witness at a hearing for Oliver.
(b) To petition a raise in his monthly stipend.
(c) To bring Oliver back to their parish.
(d) To transfer two sick children to a different parish.
12. What does Oliver admire when he starts to recover from his fever after the trial?
(a) A painting of a woman.
(b) A lovely clock.
(c) A crystal chandelier.
(d) The streets of London.
13. What is Oliver's job at the regular workhouse?
(a) Darning socks.
(b) Picking oakrum.
(c) Delivering packages.
(d) Lifting loads of wheat.
14. Where do Bill and Oliver eat dinner just before the big robbery?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) The side of the road.
(c) A pub.
(d) An open market.
15. What does Fagin say he can do with Oliver if he is still alive?
(a) Send him on his way an honest man.
(b) Make him a thief.
(c) Repent of his ways.
(d) Find someone to adopt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
2. Where is the first place Fagin goes to find Bill after Toby's report?
3. What does Oliver's mother do just before she dies?
4. What does Mr. Sowerberry do when he returns home and hears what has happened while he was gone?
5. What does Noah tease Oliver about while they work together?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)