|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oliver accused of stealing when Nancy and Bill take him away?
(b) Pocket change.
(c) Some books.
2. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
(a) They are unintelligent.
(b) They are weak.
(c) They are too small.
(d) They eat too much.
3. Where is the first place Fagin goes to find Bill after Toby's report?
(a) Nancy's apartment.
(b) The bars.
(c) Bill's house.
(d) The jail.
4. What does Oliver do when he realizes what he is expected to do?
(c) Sighs in relief.
5. Who is the first person Oliver meets when he gets to London?
(c) Mr. Ranckle.
(d) Mr. Bumble.
6. What are Fagin and the others doing when Toby comes to his house after the botched robbery?
(a) Planning another robbery.
(b) Discussing what to do with all the new money.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Packing their things.
7. What does Mr. Bumble see on a sign when he first arrives in London after Oliver is taken to Fagin's house?
(a) A picture of goods thought to be stolen by Oliver.
(b) A reward sign for information about Oliver.
(c) A sign for witnesses in Oliver's trial.
(d) A letter to Oliver from Mr. Brownlow.
8. What does Oliver find in every room of Fagin's house when he is locked in there all day?
(a) Stolen goods.
(c) Blood stains.
9. What is Mr. Gamfield's occupation?
(a) Workhouse Administrator.
(b) Chimney Sweep.
(c) Coal Shoveler.
10. Who does Nancy pretend Oliver is when she sees him on the street?
(a) Her runaway brother.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A thief.
(d) An errant servant.
11. What does Fagin say he can do with Oliver if he is still alive?
(a) Find someone to adopt him.
(b) Send him on his way an honest man.
(c) Make him a thief.
(d) Repent of his ways.
12. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
13. Where does Oliver stay after his time in court?
(a) Fagin's house.
(b) The book stall owner's house.
(c) Mr. Brownlow's house.
(d) The workhouse.
14. Why does Bill put the wounded Oliver in the ditch after the attempted robbery?
(a) He thought Oliver was already dead.
(b) He hoped the men would think Oliver was alone.
(c) He doesn't want to be charged with Oliver's murder.
(d) Oliver is too heavy.
15. What do Dodger and Charley tease Oliver about when Nancy brings him back to Fagin's house?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His time in jail.
(c) His confused looks.
(d) His pale face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fagin threaten to do to Oliver if he tries to run away again?
2. Where do Bill and Oliver eat dinner just before the big robbery?
3. What is the book about that Oliver is given while he waits for the big robbery to begin?
4. How does the dying woman tell Mrs. Corney her secret?
5. What does Mr. Bumble do to entertain himself while Mrs. Corney is away with the dying woman?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)