|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Noah taunt Oliver to the point of rage while they work together for the undertaker?
(a) He hates having to work with an orphan.
(b) He has to work harder because of Oliver's mistakes.
(c) He feels that he is of a higher status.
(d) He is jealous of how much Mr. Sowerberry likes Oliver.
2. What does Oliver admire when he starts to recover from his fever after the trial?
(a) A lovely clock.
(b) The streets of London.
(c) A crystal chandelier.
(d) A painting of a woman.
3. What does Fagin say he can do with Oliver if he is still alive?
(a) Find someone to adopt him.
(b) Send him on his way an honest man.
(c) Make him a thief.
(d) Repent of his ways.
4. Where does Oliver stay after his time in court?
(a) The book stall owner's house.
(b) Fagin's house.
(c) The workhouse.
(d) Mr. Brownlow's house.
5. Who asks Mr. Bumble to send their love to Oliver in London before he leaves?
(b) Mr. Sowerberry.
(d) Mrs. Mann.
6. What does Mr. Sowerberry dress Oliver up to do?
(a) Pick pockets.
(b) Collect late payments.
(c) Attend funerals.
(d) Sell coffins.
7. What does Oliver do when he realizes what he is expected to do?
(c) Sighs in relief.
8. Why is Oliver so afraid of going to Bill's house?
(a) He does not want to be a part of a robbery.
(b) He is afraid he will have to live there.
(c) He is afraid of Bill's dog.
(d) He thinks Bill wants to kill him.
9. What is Mrs. Corney about to do just before Mr. Bumble comes to visit her?
(a) Make some bread.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Write him a letter.
(d) Have some tea.
10. What does Mr. Bumble plan to do when he reaches the Sowerberry home after Oliver's attack?
(a) Take him to jail.
(b) Take him back to the workhouse.
(c) Flog him.
(d) Treat his wounds.
11. Why does Oliver decide to run away to London after leaving the Sowerberrys' house?
(a) There are jobs to be found there.
(b) It is large enough that Mr. Bumble won't find him there.
(c) He thinks he might find his mother there.
(d) He has always wanted to go there.
12. What does Mr. Bumble see on a sign when he first arrives in London after Oliver is taken to Fagin's house?
(a) A picture of goods thought to be stolen by Oliver.
(b) A sign for witnesses in Oliver's trial.
(c) A letter to Oliver from Mr. Brownlow.
(d) A reward sign for information about Oliver.
13. What is Oliver given on the day of the big robbery?
(a) A robbery kit.
(b) New clothes.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A large meal.
14. Who does Fagin decide to use in his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
15. What does Oliver's mother do just before she dies?
(a) Names him.
(b) Writes the name of his father.
(c) Kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the magistrate who hears Oliver's case?
2. What does Mr. Sowerberry do when he returns home and hears what has happened while he was gone?
3. What does Mrs. Sowerberry do to Oliver when he threatens Noah one night after a lot of taunting?
4. Who does Fagin tell about the botched robbery in hopes of assistance?
5. What do Dodger and Charley tease Oliver about when Nancy brings him back to Fagin's house?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)