|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
(a) Flirting and kissing.
(b) Fighting and tearing up the house.
(c) Stealing money from the Sowerberrys.
(d) Planning to run away together.
2. Who summons Mrs. Corney while she is visiting with Mr. Bumble?
(a) Mrs. Simms.
(b) Old Sally.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A bill collector.
3. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
4. What does Mr. Bumble do to entertain himself while Mrs. Corney is away with the dying woman?
(a) Take a tour of her home.
(b) Read some of her books.
(c) Take inventory of her possessions.
(d) Take a nap.
5. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
(b) Be honest.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Get well.
6. Where does Oliver sleep when he lives with the Sowerberrys?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the attic.
(c) By the coffins.
(d) On the floor.
7. What does Noah tease Oliver about while they work together?
(a) His tiny frame.
(b) His naivete.
(c) His angelic face.
(d) His mother.
8. Why does Rose beg the lady of the house not to prosecute Oliver?
(a) She believes his story.
(b) She wants to avoid a scandal in the nighborhood.
(c) He is only a boy.
(d) She feels he has had punishment enough.
9. What does Mr. Bumble plan to do when he reaches the Sowerberry home after Oliver's attack?
(a) Treat his wounds.
(b) Take him back to the workhouse.
(c) Take him to jail.
(d) Flog him.
10. What is Oliver accused of stealing when Nancy and Bill take him away?
(a) Some books.
(c) Pocket change.
11. Why does Mr. Brownlow say that he removed the portrait that Oliver loves so much?
(a) It was sent out for restoration.
(b) He didn't want it to bother Oliver.
(c) He is getting ready to hang a different picture there.
(d) He was worried Oliver would harm it in some way.
12. Who does Nancy pretend Oliver is when she sees him on the street?
(a) A thief.
(b) An errant servant.
(c) Her runaway brother.
(d) A cousin.
13. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) He stole them.
(b) He made them.
(c) He found them.
(d) He bought them.
14. Where is Oliver born?
(a) In a train.
(b) In a workhouse.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On the streets.
15. Who takes care of Oliver after his mother dies?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) The nurse.
(d) A foster care center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver do when he sees Charley steal a man's handkerchief?
2. Why does Oliver decide to run away to London after leaving the Sowerberrys' house?
3. What is the name of the magistrate who hears Oliver's case?
4. What is the sentence given to Oliver after his hearing?
5. What is Mr. Gamfield's occupation?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)