|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
(a) They are unintelligent.
(b) They are weak.
(c) They are too small.
(d) They eat too much.
2. What does Mr. Sowerberry dress Oliver up to do?
(a) Sell coffins.
(b) Collect late payments.
(c) Attend funerals.
(d) Pick pockets.
3. What is the name of the magistrate who hears Oliver's case?
(a) Mr. Frances.
(b) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mr. Fang.
(d) Mr. Brownlow.
4. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
5. How much longer is the dying woman expected to live when she speaks with Mrs. Corney?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) A few weeks.
6. What does Mr. Bumble do to entertain himself while Mrs. Corney is away with the dying woman?
(a) Take a tour of her home.
(b) Read some of her books.
(c) Take inventory of her possessions.
(d) Take a nap.
7. How is Rose related to the lady of the house?
(a) Rose is her niece.
(b) Rose is her daughter.
(c) Rose is her sister.
(d) Rose is her cousin.
8. What does Mrs. Sowerberry do to Oliver when he threatens Noah one night after a lot of taunting?
(a) Sends him back to the workhouse.
(b) Locks him in the cellar.
(c) Kicks him out of the house.
(d) Sends him to jail.
9. What is Oliver accused of stealing when Nancy and Bill take him away?
(c) Some books.
(d) Pocket change.
10. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
(a) Oliver was terrified of the man.
(b) The man had a criminal record.
(c) The man was not gainfully employed.
(d) Oliver was too young for such menial labor.
11. Where do Bill and Oliver eat dinner just before the big robbery?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) An open market.
(c) A pub.
(d) The side of the road.
12. Who asks Mr. Bumble to send their love to Oliver in London before he leaves?
(a) Mr. Sowerberry.
(c) Mrs. Mann.
13. Who does Fagin get to force Oliver to cooperate while they are away at the next big robbery?
14. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
(a) Fighting and tearing up the house.
(b) Stealing money from the Sowerberrys.
(c) Planning to run away together.
(d) Flirting and kissing.
15. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
(a) To be a witness at a hearing for Oliver.
(b) To bring Oliver back to their parish.
(c) To petition a raise in his monthly stipend.
(d) To transfer two sick children to a different parish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oliver sleep when he lives with the Sowerberrys?
2. What is Oliver given on the day of the big robbery?
3. What does Noah tease Oliver about while they work together?
4. What does Oliver eat at Toby's house?
5. What is Mr. Giles's occupation?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)