|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Noah proud of even though he is a charity case?
(a) He has parents.
(b) He owns some land.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is learning a trade.
2. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Get well.
(d) Be honest.
3. What is the name of the magistrate who hears Oliver's case?
(a) Mr. Bumble.
(b) Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Mr. Frances.
(d) Mr. Fang.
4. What are Noah and Charlotte doing when Mr. Bumble stops by to announce Sally's death to the Sowerberrys?
(a) Stealing money from the Sowerberrys.
(b) Fighting and tearing up the house.
(c) Planning to run away together.
(d) Flirting and kissing.
5. Where does Toby leave Oliver after the botched robbery?
(a) Just outside the house they tried to rob.
(b) At a hospital.
(c) With a police officer.
(d) In a ditch.
6. What does Oliver think Bill wants to do with him as they travel to the site of the big robbery?
(a) Torture him for information.
(b) Use him in a robbery.
(c) Murder him.
(d) Sell him as a slave.
7. What does Oliver admire when he starts to recover from his fever after the trial?
(a) The streets of London.
(b) A painting of a woman.
(c) A crystal chandelier.
(d) A lovely clock.
8. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
9. What does Bill make Oliver drink at Toby's house?
10. What is the name of the lady of the house that Oliver tries to rob?
(a) Mrs. Maylie.
(b) Mrs. Malloy.
(c) Mrs. Mybelle.
(d) Mrs. Monson.
11. What does Fagin need for his next big robbery with Bill Sikes?
(a) A small boy.
(b) A distraction.
(c) A key.
(d) An inside employee.
12. Why does Rose beg the lady of the house not to prosecute Oliver?
(a) She believes his story.
(b) She feels he has had punishment enough.
(c) She wants to avoid a scandal in the nighborhood.
(d) He is only a boy.
13. How many men chase after Bill and Toby after the attempted robbery?
14. Where does Oliver sleep when he lives with the Sowerberrys?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In the barn.
(c) By the coffins.
(d) In the attic.
15. What is Fagin most worried about when he hears that Oliver is in jail?
(a) That he will forget everything Fagin taught him.
(b) That he won't come back when he gets out of jail.
(c) That he will die in prison because he is ill.
(d) That he will reveal where Fagin lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Mr. Bumble hope to fill once the man who currently works that position is dead?
2. What is Oliver's job at the regular workhouse?
3. Where is Oliver born?
4. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
5. What happens to Oliver during his hearing?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)