|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sentence given to Oliver after his hearing?
(a) 1 year in prison.
(b) 3 months hard labor.
(c) 2 years in the workhouse.
(d) A fine of $50.
2. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) He stole them.
(b) He found them.
(c) He made them.
(d) He bought them.
3. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
(a) They are unintelligent.
(b) They are too small.
(c) They eat too much.
(d) They are weak.
4. Why does Bill put the wounded Oliver in the ditch after the attempted robbery?
(a) He hoped the men would think Oliver was alone.
(b) He doesn't want to be charged with Oliver's murder.
(c) Oliver is too heavy.
(d) He thought Oliver was already dead.
5. Where does Oliver sleep when he lives with the Sowerberrys?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the barn.
(c) By the coffins.
(d) On the floor.
6. Who gives Oliver his daily beatings while he is in solitary confinement?
(a) Mr. Fagin.
(b) Mr. Bumble.
(c) Mr. Gamfield.
(d) Mr. Jones.
7. How do Bill and Oliver travel to the big robbery?
(d) Riding a cart.
8. What is the name of the lady of the house that Oliver tries to rob?
(a) Mrs. Maylie.
(b) Mrs. Monson.
(c) Mrs. Malloy.
(d) Mrs. Mybelle.
9. What do Dodger and Charley do when Oliver is caught by a policeman?
(a) Laugh at him.
(b) Get Fagin.
(c) Run away.
(d) Promise to get him out.
10. What does Mr. Brownlow say that Oliver must do to get his help?
(a) Get well.
(b) Work hard.
(d) Be honest.
11. What does Mr. Bumble plan to do when he reaches the Sowerberry home after Oliver's attack?
(a) Take him to jail.
(b) Flog him.
(c) Take him back to the workhouse.
(d) Treat his wounds.
12. What does Oliver find in every room of Fagin's house when he is locked in there all day?
(a) Blood stains.
(d) Stolen goods.
13. Who does Fagin get to force Oliver to cooperate while they are away at the next big robbery?
14. How is Rose related to the lady of the house?
(a) Rose is her daughter.
(b) Rose is her cousin.
(c) Rose is her niece.
(d) Rose is her sister.
15. What is the first job Fagin gives to Oliver on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) Cleaning the purses Dodger made.
(b) Taking monograms out of handkerchiefs.
(c) Picking pockets.
(d) Advertising the found goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver do when he realizes what he is expected to do?
2. What does Mr. Bumble tell Mrs. Sowerberry was the cause of Oliver's bad behavior after Oliver's attack?
3. What is the name of Bill Sikes' girlfriend?
4. What is Mrs. Corney about to do just before Mr. Bumble comes to visit her?
5. Which of the following people is NOT present when Toby comes to Fagin's house after the botched robbery?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)