|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
(a) The man was not gainfully employed.
(b) Oliver was too young for such menial labor.
(c) The man had a criminal record.
(d) Oliver was terrified of the man.
2. Where does Oliver stay after his time in court?
(a) The workhouse.
(b) Mr. Brownlow's house.
(c) The book stall owner's house.
(d) Fagin's house.
3. What does Oliver's mother do just before she dies?
(a) Writes the name of his father.
(b) Names him.
(d) Kisses him.
4. What happens to Oliver during his hearing?
(a) He faints.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He falls ill.
(d) He runs away.
5. What does Mr. Sowerberry do when he returns home and hears what has happened while he was gone?
(a) Kicks Oliver out of his house.
(b) Sends Mr. Bumble away.
(c) Flogs Oliver.
(d) Yells at his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill Sikes' occupation?
2. Why does Noah taunt Oliver to the point of rage while they work together for the undertaker?
3. What do Dodger and Charley tease Oliver about when Nancy brings him back to Fagin's house?
4. What does Oliver find in every room of Fagin's house when he is locked in there all day?
5. How far away is London when Oliver decides to run away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)