|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Oliver born?
(a) In a train.
(b) In a workhouse.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On the streets.
2. Why does Oliver decide to run away to London after leaving the Sowerberrys' house?
(a) He has always wanted to go there.
(b) There are jobs to be found there.
(c) He thinks he might find his mother there.
(d) It is large enough that Mr. Bumble won't find him there.
3. What does Fagin threaten to do to Oliver if he tries to run away again?
(a) Whip him.
(b) Starve him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Send him back to jail.
4. What is the first job Fagin gives to Oliver on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) Advertising the found goods.
(b) Taking monograms out of handkerchiefs.
(c) Cleaning the purses Dodger made.
(d) Picking pockets.
5. How far away is London when Oliver decides to run away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
(a) 37 miles.
(b) 70 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Grimwig say to Mr. Brownlow about Oliver?
2. What do Dodger and Charley do when Oliver is caught by a policeman?
3. Why is Oliver not sent to live with the man who is willing to take him in?
4. How old is Oliver when he is taken to the regular workhouse?
5. What is Mrs. Sowerberry's main complaint about children?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)