|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oliver's job at the regular workhouse?
(a) Lifting loads of wheat.
(b) Picking oakrum.
(c) Delivering packages.
(d) Darning socks.
2. What does Oliver do when he sees Charley steal a man's handkerchief?
(a) He faints.
(b) He tries to return it to the man.
(c) He yells at Charley to stop.
(d) He runs away.
3. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
(a) He stole them.
(b) He found them.
(c) He bought them.
(d) He made them.
4. What does Oliver see Fagin looking at when he wakes up in Fagin's house for the first time?
(a) A set of wrenches.
(b) A picture of a lovely woman.
(c) Stacks of money.
5. How much is the parish willing to offer to someone to take Oliver off their hands?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 15 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sowerberry do to Oliver when he threatens Noah one night after a lot of taunting?
2. What is Mr. Gamfield's occupation?
3. Who takes care of Oliver after his mother dies?
4. What does Noah tease Oliver about while they work together?
5. What do Dodger and Charley do when Oliver is caught by a policeman?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)