|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sowerberry do when he returns home and hears what has happened while he was gone?
(a) Sends Mr. Bumble away.
(b) Yells at his wife.
(c) Flogs Oliver.
(d) Kicks Oliver out of his house.
2. What does Oliver wish to do during his first few days at Fagin's house?
(a) Get some fresh air.
(b) Find clues about his mother.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Meet some more people.
3. What does Mr. Grimwig say to Mr. Brownlow about Oliver?
(a) He will steal Mr. Brownlow blind.
(b) He is a sweet and honest little thing.
(c) He is dishonest and will escape at his first chance.
(d) He has had a hard life and will never recover from the harshness.
4. What is Mr. Gamfield's occupation?
(a) Chimney Sweep.
(c) Workhouse Administrator.
(d) Coal Shoveler.
5. How far away is London when Oliver decides to run away from Mr. Sowerberry's house?
(a) 37 miles.
(c) 17 miles.
(d) 70 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dodger and Charley do when Oliver is caught by a policeman?
2. Where does Oliver sleep when he lives with the Sowerberrys?
3. Why is Mr. Bumble planning to go to court in London after Oliver is taken back to Fagin's house?
4. What is the first job Fagin gives to Oliver on his first morning in Fagin's house?
5. Where does Oliver think Dodger got the purses that he gives to Fagin on his first morning in Fagin's house?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)