|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Olive fall in "Heart"?
2. What nationality was the woman who watched Olive when she was little and her mother was teaching school?
3. What does Jack drink after visiting Shirley Falls with Olive?
(b) White wine.
(d) Red wine.
4. What does Fergus MacPherson do with his Civil War uniform after the encampment?
(a) Takes it to the cleaners.
(b) Puts it back in the trunk.
(c) Donates it to a thrift shop.
(d) Throws it in the garbage.
5. What does Olive call Isabelle Daignault when she first sees her?
(a) Mousy pants.
(c) Witchy hair.
(d) Old hag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Halima born?
2. What is Lisa MacPherson's job?
3. Where is Barbara Paxnik from?
4. In "The Poet," how long has Olive been using a cane?
5. What color cardigan does Olive remember that Jack wore when they went to dinner the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jack tell Olive when they flew to Oslo, and she refused to fly first class?
2. Who does Jack see when he is in Shirley Falls with Olive, and what is that person doing there?
3. What happens to Helen at the end of "Exiles"?
4. What does Olive do when Jack awakes at the end of "Pedicure" and does not know where he is?
5. What were the circumstances surrounding the death of Jim and Bob's father?
6. What are Bob and Jim doing for a living in "Exiles"?
7. What does the house look like where Henry grew up in Shirley Falls?
8. Who is Bob's ex-wife, and what is their relationship?
9. Why does Olive decide she needs a typewriter, and how does she get one?
10. In "Pedicture," what trips does Jack remember taking with Olive?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)