|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Halima born?
2. How long was Halima's mother in a camp in Kenya?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. How old was Bob when his father was killed in a car accident?
4. In "The End of the Civil War Days," who does Fergus stop to help with a car problem?
(a) Linda Knowles.
(b) Charlene Bibber.
(c) Sandy Watson.
(d) Anita Coombs.
5. In "The Poet," how long has Olive been using a cane?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Friend," where does Olive drive every morning?
2. In "Pedicure," where do Jack and Olive drive?
3. What did Jack use to make on the weekends when Cassie was a girl?
4. When do Christopher and his family visit Olive in "Friend"?
5. At the end of "Exiles," who stays with Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Olive communicate with Andrea and why at the end of "The Poet"?
2. What is the main issue with the way that Fergus and Ethel live?
3. What does Shirley Falls look like when Jack and Olive drive there?
4. What did Jack tell Olive when they flew to Oslo, and she refused to fly first class?
5. What were the circumstances behind Olive's heart attack?
6. What happens to Helen at the end of "Exiles"?
7. Where do Jim and Helen Burgess travel in "Exiles" and why?
8. Why does Fergus learn that during Civil War Days they may not camp in the park?
9. What does Andrea say about meeting the president of the United States?
10. What does Lisa say about inspiration she received from Olive Kitteridge when she was in her math class?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)