Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Detailed Summary & Analysis
1. Describe the relationship between Manolin and Santiago.
2. Discuss the idea of luck in The Old Man and the Sea.
3. How do you know that Santiago only intended to fish for one day when he left to go far out into the sea?
4. Describe the scene that shows the good nature and high character of Santiago.
5. Relate the speech the boy makes to show his estimation of Santiago as a fisherman.
6. Discuss how Hemingway uses the man-of-war...
This section contains 1,023 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)