Short Answer Questions Key
1. How long had Santiago gone without catching a fish?
2. What is the meaning of salao?
Extreme bad luck.
3. Why does the boy stop fishing with Santiago?
His parents force him to go with a lucky boat.
4. Even though the boy can no longer fish with Santiago, how does he show his loyalty?
He goes every day to help him unload his equipment.
5. How long had their last dry spell lasted before the old man and the boy caught some good fish?
This section contains 7,354 words
(approx. 25 pages at 300 words per page)