|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Using the makeshift bat, what is the old man able to do?
(a) Keep them away from the marlin.
(b) Scare the sharks away.
(c) Hurt the sharks badly.
(d) Beat the sharks to death.
2. When does Santiago finally see the lights of the city?
(a) After the moon rises.
(b) Just as he is about to give up.
(c) Early the next morning before dawn.
(d) About ten at night.
3. To what does Santiago compare his damaged hands while harpooning the shark?
(a) The teeth of the shark.
(b) Hitting a home run.
(c) The pain of a sting ray's attack.
(d) Joe DiMaggio's bone spur.
4. What is Santiago missing that will not allow him to attract a flying fish to land in his skiff?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) A light.
(c) Small fishing nets.
(d) Flying fish bait.
5. When do the sharks return after Santiago loses his makeshift harpoon?
(a) Just before sunset.
(b) Immediately after he ran them off the first time.
(c) Just after dark.
(d) Early the next morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does the boy have about the fisherman he works for after he is forced to leave Santiago?
2. While Santiago pulls in the small dolphin he catches on the stern line, what changes does the marlin make?
3. What does the boy order for Santiago at the Terrace Cafe?
4. What does Santiago fear if he does not sleep after two days?
5. How does Santiago know that he is not dead?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)