|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old man get hurt when the fish yanks on the line?
(a) The yank causes his back to ache.
(b) The line gets tangled around his feet.
(c) The old man falls over and hits his head.
(d) The line cuts his hand where he was holding it.
2. What does Santiago think there are people who are paid to do?
(a) Build bigger boats than his.
(b) Understand the omens.
(c) Think about sin.
(d) Write books about fishing.
3. Why do the sharks finally go away?
(a) Their heads hurt from the bat blows.
(b) They cannot see in the dark.
(c) There is nothing left to eat on the marlin.
(d) They know the old man is dying.
4. What marlin does Santiago think about as he considers this fish he has on his line?
(a) A female marlin that her mate kept jumping up to see where she was.
(b) The first marlin he ever caught.
(c) A marlin that once broke his line and got away.
(d) The marlin he and the boy caught 86 days ago.
5. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
(a) A fish hook.
(b) A small turtle.
(c) Two flying fish.
(d) A piece of the marlin's tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man eat to get more strength after he washed his face and hands?
2. What shows up that the old man thinks of as a friend to talk to?a
3. What does Santiago have besides his strength?
4. What last weapon does Santiago use against the sharks?
5. What worries Santiago as he returns to Cuba in the night?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)