|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Santiago's plan as the fist keeps circling?
(a) To jump in to fight the fish.
(b) To let the boat turn around and around as the fish circles.
(c) To let out the line.
(d) To give the fish less and less line.
2. In great pain from the cold, what does the old man hope for?
(a) That there is a cold beer waiting for him.
(b) That he will not have to fight the sharks again.
(c) That a boat will come out and help him.
(d) That the wind will pick up.
3. When do the sharks return after Santiago loses his makeshift harpoon?
(a) Early the next morning.
(b) Just after dark.
(c) Immediately after he ran them off the first time.
(d) Just before sunset.
4. How does the old man console himself as he returns home?
(a) He will never have to go fishing again.
(b) He promises himself never to go that far out again.
(c) The boy will be there waiting for him.
(d) There is little damage to his boat.
5. How thick is the line the old man uses to catch big fish?
(a) Very small but strong.
(b) A big around as his thumb.
(c) About as thick as an oar handle.
(d) As big around as a pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Santiago decide to go farther out to sea than usual?
2. As he heads home and stops to look back, what does Santiago see?
3. What is the boy's name?
4. What is Santiago doing when the boy returns to his shack?
5. Using the makeshift bat, what is the old man able to do?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)