|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago look for as he sails toward the land?
(a) Sails or smoke from ships.
(b) Dangerous reefs he might wreck on.
(c) Signs of land up ahead.
(d) Evidence of sharks in the water.
2. After killing the Mako shark, what does Santiago eat?
(a) More of the dried flying fish.
(b) The liver of the dead dolphin.
(c) Nothing. All his food is gone.
(d) A piece of the marlin where the shark had bitten it.
3. What promise does the old man make if he brings in the fish?
(a) He will demand that the boy's parents let him come back to him.
(b) He will never go fishing again.
(c) He will make a pilgrimmage to the Virgin of Cobre.
(d) He will invite the whole village for a fish dinner.
4. When the fish begins circling, what does the old man do?
(a) He carefuly starts pulling in the line.
(b) He gives the fish more line.
(c) He ties down the line to wait for the fish to tire.
(d) He runs up the skiff's sail.
5. What makes the flying fish jump out of the water and scatter feverishly?
(a) A shark.
(c) The man-of-war bird circling overhead.
(d) The rising sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man think about a cramp?
2. What does Santiago wish he could show the fish?
3. After Santiago goes back to sleep, what is he dreaming of?
4. What does Santiago believe are in the sea?
5. Something brings Santiago out of his reverie. What is it?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)