|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man think he killed the fish for besides food and to keep himself alive?
(a) Revenge for all the fish he had lost.
(b) Pride of being a fisherman.
(c) The lust for killing.
(d) Throwing a big party for his friends.
2. What sound of nature replaces human sounds as Santiago rows farther and farther out to sea?
(a) The chatter of dolphins searching for breakfast.
(b) The lapping of the waves against the skiff.
(c) The call of humpback whales.
(d) The hissing of the wings of flying fish.
3. What last weapon does Santiago use against the sharks?
(a) His fists.
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) The tiller.
(d) The mast.
4. After he finally gets to the shack and puts down the mast, what does Santiago find?
(a) A newspaper with the baseball scores.
(b) His bed has been stolen.
(c) A water bottle.
(d) A warm beer.
5. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
(a) A fish hook.
(b) A small turtle.
(c) A piece of the marlin's tail.
(d) Two flying fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amusing thing does the old man say to the fish as the fish begins to come nearer the skiff?
2. What does Santiago dream of?
3. Why does Santiago decide to re-bait the the small line over the stern of the boat?
4. What happens while Santiago and the boy enjoy a beer on the Terrace?
5. Why does Santiago always dream about lions?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)