|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After killing the Mako shark, what does Santiago eat?
(a) The liver of the dead dolphin.
(b) Nothing. All his food is gone.
(c) More of the dried flying fish.
(d) A piece of the marlin where the shark had bitten it.
2. In great pain from the cold, what does the old man hope for?
(a) That he will not have to fight the sharks again.
(b) That the wind will pick up.
(c) That a boat will come out and help him.
(d) That there is a cold beer waiting for him.
3. What is the one thing not beautiful about the Mako shark?
(a) His movements.
(b) His dorsal fin.
(c) His jaws.
(d) His color.
4. What early indication does Santiago get that there are fish around where he is?
(a) He sees the fish shimmer in the dawn light.
(b) He sees the man-of-war bird.
(c) He sees the waves get still.
(d) He sees his fishing line moving.
5. Even though the boy can no longer fish with Santiago, how does he show his loyalty?
(a) He gives Santiago a new sail for his boat.
(b) He invites him to his parents' house for supper.
(c) He helps Santiago repaint his boat.
(d) He goes every day to help him unload his equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Santiago's last three weapons he can use against the sharks?
2. Why does the old man wish to take Joe DiMaggio fishing?
3. What evidence does the old man have of his long, hard fight with the marlin?
4. What does the old man eat to get more strength after he washed his face and hands?
5. What is Santiago's plan as the fist keeps circling?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)