|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy's name?
2. What is Santiago missing that will not allow him to attract a flying fish to land in his skiff?
(a) Flying fish bait.
(b) A frying pan.
(c) A light.
(d) Small fishing nets.
3. What happens after the old man harpoons the fish?
(a) The harpoon line breaks and the marlin gets away.
(b) The marlin starts swimming fast and pulls the boat with him.
(c) The fish tries to jump into the boat with the old man.
(d) It goes high into the air and comes back down, blinding Santiago with sea spray.
4. Santiago's respect for nature and the marlin he has on his line is profound. What does he think about the people who will eat the great fish?
(a) They are unworthy to eat him.
(b) They will be more dignified than the marlin.
(c) They will refuse to eat him.
(d) They will receive some of the marlin's strength when they eat him.
5. What does the old man call the business of getting the marlin lashed to the skiff?
(a) Boy Scout work.
(b) Slave work.
(c) Easy work.
(d) Dugout work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Santiago as he carries the mast up the hill?
2. Why does the old man never jerk on the line?
3. What does Santiago think there are people who are paid to do?
4. What is Santiago's secret for deep sea fishing?
5. Why does Santiago feel sorry for the terns?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)