|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tells Santiago that he is becoming unclear in the head?
(a) He tells the fish to come and kill him.
(b) He thinks he has two fish on his line.
(c) He tells himself to let the fish go.
(d) He thinks he sees the fish turning green.
2. What does Santiago wish he could show the fish?
(a) His club he would use to kill the fish.
(b) How his hand was cramped.
(c) What manner of man the fish was up against.
(d) How many fathoms of line he had in the boat.
3. How old was the boy the first time he went fishing with Santiago?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
4. How does the boy act defensively about Santiago as the fishermen look at the marlin's skeleton?
(a) He refuses to speak to the other fishermen in the village.
(b) He holds back his tears so the men will not see his concern.
(c) He starts a fight with a fisherman who is laughing at the old man.
(d) He tells them that Santiago is sleeping and they are not to disturb him.
5. What commonality does Santiago observe in deep water fish when they pick up speed?
(a) They turn yellow when they are angry or frightened.
(b) They are always hungry.
(c) They all look green in the water.
(d) They have purple stripes or spots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Santiago as the boy talks about their first fishing trip?
2. What disappointment does the old man feel because he has been out in his boat for days?
3. Does Santiago think of the wind as his friend?
4. What does Santiago think about giving up hope?
5. As his head becomes unclear again, what does Santiago ask himself?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)