|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Santiago realize the depth of his tiredness?
(a) As he ties the boat to a rock.
(b) As he furls the sail.
(c) As he hauls the marlin's bones out of the water.
(d) As he walks up the hill to his shack.
2. What does Santiago think might have caused the fish to jump so much?
(a) A school of dolphins.
(b) Just waking up.
(c) Needing more exercise.
(d) Hunger or fear.
3. After eating the raw dolphin, what does the old man promise he will do in the future?
(a) Bring sandwiches.
(b) Bring along salt and limes.
(c) Never eat on the boat again.
(d) Rig up a stove on his skiff.
4. By nightfall of the third day, what does Santiago expect to see?
(a) Other fishing boats out at night.
(b) More sharks attacking his boat.
(c) A few stars.
(d) The lights of Havana.
5. How does the old man get hurt when the fish yanks on the line?
(a) The line cuts his hand where he was holding it.
(b) The old man falls over and hits his head.
(c) The line gets tangled around his feet.
(d) The yank causes his back to ache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man speculate he could use to buy good luck?
2. What two spots does Santiago hit on the first brown shark?
3. What does the old man imagine about the marlin if it had been alive?
4. What are Santiago's last three weapons he can use against the sharks?
5. How do the brown sharks attack the old man's fish?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)