|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Santiago feel sorry for the terns?
(a) He thinks they will get lost over the sea.
(b) He thinks they are incredibly ugly.
(c) He thinks they are too delicate for the sea.
(d) He thinks they are not fast enough and the fish will eat them.
2. What disappointment does the old man feel because he has been out in his boat for days?
(a) He has not been able to go to the cock fights.
(b) He cannot remember what the boy looks like.
(c) He does not know the baseball game scores.
(d) He has not had a beer in two days.
3. Why doesn't Santiago put the marlin into his boat?
(a) The marlin is too large.
(b) The skiff is too full of water.
(c) He is blinded by seawater and cannot see.
(d) He thinks it would be disrespectful.
4. What brings Santiago awake suddenly in the night?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) The marlin is jumping again and again out of the sea.
(c) The smell of the leftover raw fish.
(d) Another plane flies over at a low altitude.
5. Why does the boy stop fishing with Santiago?
(a) His parents do not want him to go to sea.
(b) His parents think Santiago has bad character.
(c) His parents think Santiago's boat is unsafe.
(d) His parents force him to go with a lucky boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Santiago as he carries the mast up the hill?
2. Santiago hates these sharks because they were something more than killers like the Mako shark. What is that?
3. What does Santiago do when another fish takes the bait on another line?
4. How did the old man know the marlin had turned eastward?
5. What happens after the old man harpoons the fish?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)