|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy's name?
2. What had become a habit for the boy during the old man's absence?
(a) Saving newspapers for Santiago to read.
(b) Stopping by Santiago's shack every morning.
(c) Arguing with the fishermen who made fun of Santiago.
(d) Waking up late so he did not have to go fishing.
3. How many times does the old man have to stop and sit down on his way to his shack?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 6 times.
(c) 5 times.
(d) 3 times.
4. When does Santiago realize the depth of his tiredness?
(a) As he ties the boat to a rock.
(b) As he walks up the hill to his shack.
(c) As he hauls the marlin's bones out of the water.
(d) As he furls the sail.
5. Speaking out loud, what does Santiago say to the big fish on his line?
(a) For heaven's sake, turn around and go the other way.
(b) Fish, aren't you getting tired yet?
(c) I'll stay with you until I'm dead!
(d) Come on up and let me get a good look at you!
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had their last dry spell lasted before the old man and the boy caught some good fish?
2. Something brings Santiago out of his reverie. What is it?
3. What marlin does Santiago think about as he considers this fish he has on his line?
4. What does the boy order for Santiago at the Terrace Cafe?
5. How many rows of teeth does the Mako shark have?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)