|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Santiago spots the shark, what does he know about the predator?
(a) It will try to knock him out of the boat.
(b) It will not swim fast enough to catch the boat.
(c) It has no fear and will do whatever it wants.
(d) It will not bother him if it is not hungry.
2. When does Santiago realize the depth of his tiredness?
(a) As he walks up the hill to his shack.
(b) As he ties the boat to a rock.
(c) As he hauls the marlin's bones out of the water.
(d) As he furls the sail.
3. When does Santiago finally see the lights of the city?
(a) Early the next morning before dawn.
(b) After the moon rises.
(c) About ten at night.
(d) Just as he is about to give up.
4. What does Santiago plan to do to change his luck?
(a) He gets the priest to bless his boat.
(b) He takes his lucky charms with him.
(c) He plans to row far out to fish.
(d) He buys a new sail for his boat.
5. After the second brown shark is killed, what does it do?
(a) It pulls the skiff over by its dead weight.
(b) It jumps into the boat with Santiago.
(c) It pulls the marlin down with its lifeless body to the bottom of the sea.
(d) It hangs onto the place where it had bit into the marlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. After killing the Mako shark, what is Santiago aware of as missing?
2. Why does Santiago drink his morning coffee slowly?
3. Why does Santiago think he may have to fight again before he reaches Havana?
4. What idea does Santiago have to help tire the marlin out?
5. What assistance for the old man does the boy try to get?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)