|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago suddenly realize he has been doing?
(a) Talking out loud to himself.
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Thinking about the boy.
(d) Going too fast for his lines.
2. After Santiago goes back to sleep, what is he dreaming of?
(a) Catching a larger fish.
(d) Broken knives.
3. When Santiago sees the marlin jump out of the water, what does he realize?
(a) He is no physical match for the marlin.
(b) It will take another day to bring in this marlin.
(c) He and the marlin are about the same size.
(d) The marlin is getting very tired and the game is about over.
4. How does the old man know the winds will blow all night?
(a) From the currents.
(b) From the seagulls.
(c) From the curve of his sail.
(d) From the clouds.
5. What assistance for the old man does the boy try to get?
(a) He tries to get his mother to make food for Santiago.
(b) He tries to get better bait for Santiago.
(c) He tries to get a new sail for Santiago's boat.
(d) He tries to get the boat he is now on to go far out near the old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fisherman say about the marlin to the boy?
2. What is the boy's name?
3. What does the old man say he has to eat in his shack?
4. What does Santiago think about giving up hope?
5. While Santiago pulls in the small dolphin he catches on the stern line, what changes does the marlin make?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)