|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Santiago's last three weapons he can use against the sharks?
(a) Two oars, the tiller, and a short club.
(b) The oars, the anchor, and some line.
(c) A broken knife, some big fish hooks, and the oars.
(d) The broken water bottle, the oars, and a club.
2. What does Santiago have besides his strength?
(a) The mind of a fish.
(b) An unsinkable boat.
(c) Knowledge of many tricks and resolutions.
(d) The very best equipment.
3. What evidence does the old man have of his long, hard fight with the marlin?
(a) The look in the marlin's eye.
(b) His damaged hands and his painful back.
(c) The damage to his boat.
(d) The long wet line he has now pulled into the skiff.
4. What does Santiago believe are in the sea?
(a) Mermaids and shells.
(b) Sharks and seaweed.
(c) Fish bigger than the marlin he caught.
(d) Friends and enemies.
5. What does Santiago mean when he thinks that man is not made for defeat?
(a) Man will always win over animals.
(b) Man can be destroyed but not defeated.
(c) Man cannot lose a battle.
(d) Man can only be defeated if he loses his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. After killing the Mako shark, what does Santiago eat?
2. What does Santiago dream of?
3. Because Santiago always wakes the boy every morning, what does the boy call him?
4. Santiago is pinned down and the line is rushing out around his back and through his hand, cutting them. What makes him think about the boy?
5. How does Santiago console himself after the first shark attack?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)