|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man imagine about the marlin if it had been alive?
(a) He thinks the marlin would get away because it can jump so high.
(b) He imagines the marlin would eat the harks.
(c) He thinks the marlin could outswim the sharks.
(d) He imagines it fighting the sharks with the spear on its head.
2. What is the meaning of salao?
(a) Extreme bad luck.
(b) A greeting.
(c) A small room.
(d) The champion.
3. What commonality does Santiago observe in deep water fish when they pick up speed?
(a) They have purple stripes or spots.
(b) They all look green in the water.
(c) They turn yellow when they are angry or frightened.
(d) They are always hungry.
4. What does Santiago like to read in the newspaper?
(a) The baseball scores.
(b) The funny pages.
(c) The racing odds.
(d) The weather forecasts.
5. What is Santiago doing when the boy returns to his shack?
(a) He is looking for something to eat.
(b) He is still sleeping.
(c) He is reading the baseball scores.
(d) He is making a new harpoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Santiago goes back to sleep, what is he dreaming of?
2. How does Santiago justify killing the shark?
3. How did the old man know the marlin had turned eastward?
4. When does Santiago plan to be out to sea?
5. What happens by midnight as Santiago returns to the land?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)