|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Santiago finally see the lights of the city?
(a) About ten at night.
(b) Early the next morning before dawn.
(c) Just as he is about to give up.
(d) After the moon rises.
2. What is Santiago doing when the boy returns to his shack?
(a) He is looking for something to eat.
(b) He is still sleeping.
(c) He is making a new harpoon.
(d) He is reading the baseball scores.
3. When Santiago sees the marlin jump out of the water, what does he realize?
(a) He and the marlin are about the same size.
(b) He is no physical match for the marlin.
(c) It will take another day to bring in this marlin.
(d) The marlin is getting very tired and the game is about over.
4. What does Santiago plan to do to change his luck?
(a) He plans to row far out to fish.
(b) He takes his lucky charms with him.
(c) He buys a new sail for his boat.
(d) He gets the priest to bless his boat.
5. As his head becomes unclear again, what does Santiago ask himself?
(a) What happened to the marlin's dignity?
(b) Why didn't I just tow him behind the skiff?
(c) Is he bringing me in or am I bringing him in?
(d) Why am I not dreaming of lions?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Santiago keeps vigil over his line, what does he wish for?
2. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
3. What does his cramped hand make Santiago think about the boy?
4. What does the old man do to prepare for the arrival of the shark?
5. How does Santiago imagine Joe DiMaggio would be able to do what he is doing with the marlin?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)