|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago promise that he cannot do right at the moment?
(a) Get himself a larger boat.
(b) Always bring the boy with him.
(c) Go to church every morning.
(d) Say a hundred Our Fathers and a hundred Hail Marys.
2. What is the one thing not beautiful about the Mako shark?
(a) His dorsal fin.
(b) His color.
(c) His movements.
(d) His jaws.
3. When Santiago spots the shark, what does he know about the predator?
(a) It will try to knock him out of the boat.
(b) It has no fear and will do whatever it wants.
(c) It will not bother him if it is not hungry.
(d) It will not swim fast enough to catch the boat.
4. After many tries to get the marlin alongside the skiff, what does Santiago reach for?
(a) His large casting net.
(b) His harpoon.
(c) Another bite of flying fish.
(d) His water bottle.
5. After Santiago goes back to sleep, what is he dreaming of?
(c) Broken knives.
(d) Catching a larger fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Santiago put the marlin into his boat?
2. How thick is the line the old man uses to catch big fish?
3. What does Santiago wish he could show the fish?
4. Why do the other fishermen think of the sea in the masculine, el mar?
5. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)