|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Santiago as he lands his boat?
(a) The fishermen who are laughing at him.
(b) No one. Everyone is at home in bed.
(c) The boy.
(d) The whole city turns out to welcome him back.
2. What does the tourist woman think she is seeing as she looks at the fish skeleton?
(a) Evidence of a feast the night before.
(b) What is left of a shark.
(c) A fish that died of starvation.
(d) A biology experiment.
3. What last weapon does Santiago use against the sharks?
(a) The tiller.
(b) The mast.
(c) His fists.
(d) A broken bottle.
4. Santiago recalls catching marlin that weighed over a thousand pounds. Why is this time different?
(a) Before he always had someone to help him.
(b) Before he was in a much larger boat.
(c) This time he has only a small casting net with him.
(d) This time the fish shows no signs of tiring.
5. What is Santiago's plan as the fist keeps circling?
(a) To let out the line.
(b) To give the fish less and less line.
(c) To let the boat turn around and around as the fish circles.
(d) To jump in to fight the fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the sun sets, what advantage does Santiago tell himself he has over the marlin?
2. Using the makeshift bat, what is the old man able to do?
3. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
4. What does the marlin do as the sun rises on the third day?
5. What does Santiago reply when the boy asks how much he suffered?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)