|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago reply when the boy asks how much he suffered?
(a) Not much.
(b) Not at all.
(d) Only my hands.
2. After he finally gets to the shack and puts down the mast, what does Santiago find?
(a) A water bottle.
(b) His bed has been stolen.
(c) A warm beer.
(d) A newspaper with the baseball scores.
3. After killing the Mako shark, what does Santiago eat?
(a) More of the dried flying fish.
(b) A piece of the marlin where the shark had bitten it.
(c) Nothing. All his food is gone.
(d) The liver of the dead dolphin.
4. What early indication does Santiago get that there are fish around where he is?
(a) He sees his fishing line moving.
(b) He sees the waves get still.
(c) He sees the fish shimmer in the dawn light.
(d) He sees the man-of-war bird.
5. What does Santiago think might have caused the fish to jump so much?
(a) Just waking up.
(b) Hunger or fear.
(c) A school of dolphins.
(d) Needing more exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the old man have to stop and sit down on his way to his shack?
2. Santiago hates these sharks because they were something more than killers like the Mako shark. What is that?
3. What does the old man call the business of getting the marlin lashed to the skiff?
4. What vow does the old man make to the fish?
5. How does Santiago estimate the size of the marlin?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)