|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After killing the Mako shark, what is Santiago aware of as missing?
(a) The feeling in his left hand.
(b) His harpoon.
(c) His casting net.
(d) The tradewinds.
2. Why does Santiago always dream about lions?
(a) Lions make him feel strong and brave.
(b) He has always loved cats because they like fish.
(c) He dreams about lions eating a huge fish they catch.
(d) They are something he saw from a ship off the coast of Africa when he was a boy.
3. What brings Santiago awake suddenly in the night?
(a) The marlin is jumping again and again out of the sea.
(b) It starts to rain.
(c) Another plane flies over at a low altitude.
(d) The smell of the leftover raw fish.
4. What does Santiago believe are in the sea?
(a) Mermaids and shells.
(b) Friends and enemies.
(c) Fish bigger than the marlin he caught.
(d) Sharks and seaweed.
5. What brings the shark towards Santiago's boat?
(a) A school of dolphins following the boat.
(b) The flying fish jumping along side the boat.
(c) The sound of Santiago talking out loud.
(d) A dark cloud of blood from the marlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. After eating the raw dolphin, what does the old man promise he will do in the future?
2. What does the old man eat to get more strength after he washed his face and hands?
3. What is Santiago missing that will not allow him to attract a flying fish to land in his skiff?
4. Why does the boy not go out with the fishing boats the morning of Santiago's return?
5. How does the old man get hurt when the fish yanks on the line?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)