|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago plan to do to change his luck?
(a) He takes his lucky charms with him.
(b) He buys a new sail for his boat.
(c) He plans to row far out to fish.
(d) He gets the priest to bless his boat.
2. Why does Santiago decide to go farther out to sea than usual?
(a) He wants to get away from other boats.
(b) He thinks the nearer waters have been fished out.
(c) He has never been far out before.
(d) He thinks big fish may be out where the schools of bonito and albacore stay.
3. What does Santiago believe are in the sea?
(a) Sharks and seaweed.
(b) Friends and enemies.
(c) Fish bigger than the marlin he caught.
(d) Mermaids and shells.
4. Because Santiago always wakes the boy every morning, what does the boy call him?
(a) My big problem.
(b) My morning visitor.
(c) My tormentor.
(d) My alarm clock.
5. What two spots does Santiago hit on the first brown shark?
(a) The brain and the eye.
(b) The jaw and the fins.
(c) Both eyes.
(d) The underbelly and the dorsal fin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Santiago as he returns to Cuba in the night?
2. What early indication does Santiago get that there are fish around where he is?
3. After the second brown shark is killed, what does it do?
4. When does Santiago plan to be out to sea?
5. Why does the old man scoop water from the sea after the marlin stops jumping?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)