|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man say he has to eat in his shack?
(a) Sardines and saltine crackers.
(b) Coconut and barbecue.
(c) Tuna sandwiches.
(d) Yellow rice and fish.
2. What tells Santiago that he is becoming unclear in the head?
(a) He thinks he sees the fish turning green.
(b) He thinks he has two fish on his line.
(c) He tells the fish to come and kill him.
(d) He tells himself to let the fish go.
3. How many times does the old man have to stop and sit down on his way to his shack?
(a) 3 times.
(b) 6 times.
(c) 5 times.
(d) 2 times.
4. What does Santiago think might have caused the fish to jump so much?
(a) Hunger or fear.
(b) Just waking up.
(c) A school of dolphins.
(d) Needing more exercise.
5. Why do the sharks finally go away?
(a) There is nothing left to eat on the marlin.
(b) They cannot see in the dark.
(c) They know the old man is dying.
(d) Their heads hurt from the bat blows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago fear if he does not sleep after two days?
2. What two spots does Santiago hit on the first brown shark?
3. When Santiago spots the shark, what does he know about the predator?
4. How long had their last dry spell lasted before the old man and the boy caught some good fish?
5. What is the first thing Santiago asks the boy to bring him when he finally wakes up?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)