|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Santiago realize the depth of his tiredness?
(a) As he furls the sail.
(b) As he walks up the hill to his shack.
(c) As he ties the boat to a rock.
(d) As he hauls the marlin's bones out of the water.
2. What last weapon does Santiago use against the sharks?
(a) His fists.
(b) The mast.
(c) A broken bottle.
(d) The tiller.
3. After killing the Mako shark, what does Santiago eat?
(a) A piece of the marlin where the shark had bitten it.
(b) The liver of the dead dolphin.
(c) Nothing. All his food is gone.
(d) More of the dried flying fish.
4. What is Santiago's secret for deep sea fishing?
(a) To use no more than one line at a time.
(b) To bring the lines up often so the fish will notice the movement.
(c) To keep the lines straight down.
(d) To let the boat drift and put the lines at an angle.
5. When Santiago sees the marlin jump out of the water, what does he realize?
(a) He is no physical match for the marlin.
(b) He and the marlin are about the same size.
(c) The marlin is getting very tired and the game is about over.
(d) It will take another day to bring in this marlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man think about a cramp?
2. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
3. What assistance for the old man does the boy try to get?
4. To what does Santiago compare his damaged hands while harpooning the shark?
5. Why is Santiago so sure that the Yankees will win their next games?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)