|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After killing the Mako shark, what is Santiago aware of as missing?
(a) The feeling in his left hand.
(b) The tradewinds.
(c) His harpoon.
(d) His casting net.
2. After eating the raw dolphin, what does the old man promise he will do in the future?
(a) Never eat on the boat again.
(b) Rig up a stove on his skiff.
(c) Bring sandwiches.
(d) Bring along salt and limes.
3. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
(a) Two flying fish.
(b) A small turtle.
(c) A fish hook.
(d) A piece of the marlin's tail.
4. What shows up that the old man thinks of as a friend to talk to?a
(a) A sea turtle.
(b) A flying fish.
(c) An albacore.
(d) A warbler.
5. Who does Santiago say should get the head of the marlin?
(b) The alcalde.
(c) The boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates the old man's pride?
2. Why does the boy not go out with the fishing boats the morning of Santiago's return?
3. What sound of nature replaces human sounds as Santiago rows farther and farther out to sea?
4. What happens by midnight as Santiago returns to the land?
5. What last weapon does Santiago use against the sharks?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)