|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two spots does Santiago hit on the first brown shark?
(a) The brain and the eye.
(b) Both eyes.
(c) The underbelly and the dorsal fin.
(d) The jaw and the fins.
2. When does Santiago realize the depth of his tiredness?
(a) As he walks up the hill to his shack.
(b) As he ties the boat to a rock.
(c) As he hauls the marlin's bones out of the water.
(d) As he furls the sail.
3. Speaking out loud, what does Santiago say to the big fish on his line?
(a) For heaven's sake, turn around and go the other way.
(b) I'll stay with you until I'm dead!
(c) Come on up and let me get a good look at you!
(d) Fish, aren't you getting tired yet?
4. After killing the Mako shark, what does Santiago eat?
(a) A piece of the marlin where the shark had bitten it.
(b) The liver of the dead dolphin.
(c) More of the dried flying fish.
(d) Nothing. All his food is gone.
5. What does Santiago like to read in the newspaper?
(a) The racing odds.
(b) The baseball scores.
(c) The funny pages.
(d) The weather forecasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he heads home and stops to look back, what does Santiago see?
2. By nightfall of the third day, what does Santiago expect to see?
3. Why does Santiago always dream about lions?
4. What does Santiago wish he could show the fish?
5. How do you know Santiago had never been up in a plane?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)