|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes Santiago as the boy talks about their first fishing trip?
(a) That the boy has forgotten how big the fish was.
(b) That the boy cannot remember one thing about the trip.
(c) That so many years have passed since that time.
(d) That the boy remembers everything so vividly.
2. What does Santiago think is unjust but something he must do?
(a) Kill the great fish on the end of his line.
(b) Eat more raw fish to survive.
(c) Act strange for the boy.
(d) Cut the marlin loose and go back saying he had another day of bad luck.
3. Does Santiago think of the wind as his friend?
(a) No, because it is fickle.
(b) Yes, because it is always there.
(c) Yes. Sometimes.
(d) No, because it storms a lot in the Caribbean.
4. What is the meaning of salao?
(a) The champion.
(b) A greeting.
(c) A small room.
(d) Extreme bad luck.
5. What tells Santiago that he is becoming unclear in the head?
(a) He thinks he sees the fish turning green.
(b) He tells the fish to come and kill him.
(c) He tells himself to let the fish go.
(d) He thinks he has two fish on his line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Santiago's secret for deep sea fishing?
2. How does the old man think he could have made better preparation for eating the raw fish?
3. What commonality does Santiago observe in deep water fish when they pick up speed?
4. What is the one thing not beautiful about the Mako shark?
5. What is the boy's name?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)