|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old man know the winds will blow all night?
(a) From the seagulls.
(b) From the clouds.
(c) From the currents.
(d) From the curve of his sail.
2. When the fish begins circling, what does the old man do?
(a) He gives the fish more line.
(b) He runs up the skiff's sail.
(c) He carefuly starts pulling in the line.
(d) He ties down the line to wait for the fish to tire.
3. When does Santiago plan to be out to sea?
(a) Before it is light.
(b) Right after daybreak.
(c) By noon.
(d) All night.
4. As the sun sets, what advantage does Santiago tell himself he has over the marlin?
(a) On the surface, he can see the stars but the marlin cannot.
(b) Night time is easier for a man than for a fish.
(c) He has eaten but the marlin has not.
(d) He will be able to sleep but the marlin cannot.
5. What does Santiago fear if he does not sleep after two days?
(a) That he will fall asleep and go overborad.
(b) That he might die.
(c) That the marlin will come up slowly and eat his dolphin.
(d) That he will become unclear in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy order for Santiago at the Terrace Cafe?
2. After killing the Mako shark, what does Santiago eat?
3. Why is Santiago so sure that the Yankees will win their next games?
4. As Santiago keeps vigil over his line, what does he wish for?
5. What worries Santiago as he returns to Cuba in the night?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)