|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he finally gets to the shack and puts down the mast, what does Santiago find?
(a) His bed has been stolen.
(b) A warm beer.
(c) A newspaper with the baseball scores.
(d) A water bottle.
2. As Santiago keeps vigil over his line, what does he wish for?
(a) The food he forgot to bring.
(b) The dawn.
(c) The water bottle.
(d) The boy.
3. What vow does the old man make to the fish?
(a) That he will cut him loose if he does not jump out of the water.
(b) That he will die there with the fish.
(c) That he will let the fish go after he pulls him up to the surface.
(d) That he will kill him before the day is over.
4. What does the old man eat to get more strength after he washed his face and hands?
(a) The bad smelling dolphin.
(b) A jellyfish.
(c) The cleaned flying fish.
(d) Some jerky he forgot he had in his pocket.
5. Speaking out loud, what does Santiago say to the big fish on his line?
(a) Come on up and let me get a good look at you!
(b) For heaven's sake, turn around and go the other way.
(c) I'll stay with you until I'm dead!
(d) Fish, aren't you getting tired yet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago do when another fish takes the bait on another line?
2. What does the tourist woman think she is seeing as she looks at the fish skeleton?
3. What does the shadow of a passing airplane do on the surface of the sea?
4. How long had Santiago gone without catching a fish?
5. What does the old man call the business of getting the marlin lashed to the skiff?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)