|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man eat to get more strength after he washed his face and hands?
(a) The bad smelling dolphin.
(b) The cleaned flying fish.
(c) A jellyfish.
(d) Some jerky he forgot he had in his pocket.
2. What does Santiago do when another fish takes the bait on another line?
(a) He laughs at his good luck.
(b) He drops anchor.
(c) He hopes it is small enough to attract other big fish.
(d) He cuts it loose.
3. Why does Santiago drink his morning coffee slowly?
(a) It has too much sugar and condensed milk in it.
(b) It is all he will have until he returns that night.
(c) He cannot afford another cup of coffee.
(d) It is too hot.
4. After he finally gets to the shack and puts down the mast, what does Santiago find?
(a) A warm beer.
(b) A water bottle.
(c) A newspaper with the baseball scores.
(d) His bed has been stolen.
5. What complaint does the boy have about the fisherman he works for after he is forced to leave Santiago?
(a) He never catches any fish.
(b) He makes him carry everything to and from the boat.
(c) He thinks he knows everything better than Santiago.
(d) He never lets me carry anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates the old man's pride?
2. What does the old man eat to keep up his strength?
3. What does his cramped hand make Santiago think about the boy?
4. How does Santiago imagine Joe DiMaggio would be able to do what he is doing with the marlin?
5. What kind of sharks came the second time?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)