|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the old man have to stop and sit down on his way to his shack?
(a) 6 times.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 5 times.
2. What is the boy's name?
3. What contrast does Santiago think about that shows the hard work ahead of him as night falls?
(a) He thinks about how much larger the marlin is than the tiny stars.
(b) He thinks about having to kill the marlin and is glad he does not have to kill the stars.
(c) He considers the difference between night and day while fishing.
(d) He thinks about how deep the marlin is and how high the stars are.
4. After the second brown shark is killed, what does it do?
(a) It jumps into the boat with Santiago.
(b) It pulls the marlin down with its lifeless body to the bottom of the sea.
(c) It pulls the skiff over by its dead weight.
(d) It hangs onto the place where it had bit into the marlin.
5. What happens while Santiago and the boy enjoy a beer on the Terrace?
(a) Santiago feels sad because only the boy will sit and drink with him.
(b) The boy gets drunk because his is not used to drinking beer.
(c) Santiago discovers that he has no money to pay for the beer.
(d) Some of the fishermen make fun of Santiago while others feel sorry for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Santiago estimate the size of the marlin?
2. After killing the Mako shark, what does Santiago eat?
3. As he heads home and stops to look back, what does Santiago see?
4. How does the old man get hurt when the fish yanks on the line?
5. Thinking about what the marlin can see deep in the water, how does Santiago recall his own vision years ago?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)