|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rows of teeth does the Mako shark have?
2. Speaking out loud, what does Santiago say to the big fish on his line?
(a) For heaven's sake, turn around and go the other way.
(b) Come on up and let me get a good look at you!
(c) Fish, aren't you getting tired yet?
(d) I'll stay with you until I'm dead!
3. Who helps Santiago as he lands his boat?
(a) The whole city turns out to welcome him back.
(b) The boy.
(c) No one. Everyone is at home in bed.
(d) The fishermen who are laughing at him.
4. After many tries to get the marlin alongside the skiff, what does Santiago reach for?
(a) Another bite of flying fish.
(b) His harpoon.
(c) His large casting net.
(d) His water bottle.
5. Santiago is far out at sea and the fish is from deep waters. What comparison does Santiago make?
(a) They are like to gladiators in the arena.
(b) Both of them are old and past their prime.
(c) There is no one to help either of them.
(d) They must weigh about the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his cramped hand make Santiago think about the boy?
2. How thick is the line the old man uses to catch big fish?
3. What does Santiago plan to do to change his luck?
4. What brings the shark towards Santiago's boat?
5. How do the brown sharks attack the old man's fish?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)