|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Santiago feel sorry for the terns?
(a) He thinks they are not fast enough and the fish will eat them.
(b) He thinks they will get lost over the sea.
(c) He thinks they are too delicate for the sea.
(d) He thinks they are incredibly ugly.
2. Even though the boy can no longer fish with Santiago, how does he show his loyalty?
(a) He invites him to his parents' house for supper.
(b) He gives Santiago a new sail for his boat.
(c) He goes every day to help him unload his equipment.
(d) He helps Santiago repaint his boat.
3. As Santiago keeps vigil over his line, what does he wish for?
(a) The water bottle.
(b) The dawn.
(c) The boy.
(d) The food he forgot to bring.
4. What does Santiago think about giving up hope?
(a) He believes there is no such thing as hope.
(b) He believes it is all he can do now.
(c) He believes it is a sin.
(d) He believes it is being real.
5. What kind of sharks came the second time?
(a) Hammer head sharks.
(b) Yellow sharks.
(c) Great white sharks.
(d) Shovel-nosed sharks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the old man think he could have made better preparation for eating the raw fish?
2. After the second brown shark is killed, what does it do?
3. When does Santiago plan to be out to sea?
4. What evidence does the old man have of his long, hard fight with the marlin?
5. What disappointment does the old man feel because he has been out in his boat for days?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)